Randy Rhoads: Reflections Of A Guitar Icon (New documentary on May 6th)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads: Reflections Of A Guitar Icon (New documentary on May 6th)

Post by Shockwave »

New Randy documentary on May 6th. Looks like Tracii Guns is narrating it.

Randy Rhoads: Reflections Of A Guitar Icon
https://www.musicradar.com/news/randy-r ... uitar-icon

https://youtu.be/5oiENJiJjVI
stealaway
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads: Reflections Of A Guitar Icon (New documentary on May 6th)

Post by stealaway »

You beat me to it!!! I noticed the doc but forgot to post the link about it :D Looks interesting. Don't know if we'll get anything new, but...
Mikel
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

99% of the footage in the trailer is from the QR years DVD...don't see much new ground being broken here 🤷‍♂️
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

magicvoice wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:02 pm 99% of the footage in the trailer is from the QR years DVD...don't see much new ground being broken here 🤷‍♂️
Yep, from what i have read the company that made Quiot Riot documentary sold there last copies and then shut down the website. Then they gave this new documentary all the footage and interviews they had to be included in it, likely for a piece of the profit.

Kathy made a comment a couple weeks ago that something very sad or in bad taste was about to be done in Randy’s name. She them went on about protecting his legacy like their mom wanted. She didn't mention what it was at all, or even give a hint. But i am thinking this documentary is it, so its not Rhoads family approved...
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

If I'm not mistaken even the Quiet Riot years book & documentary wasn't approved by the family, correct?
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

magicvoice wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:14 pm If I'm not mistaken even the Quiet Riot years book & documentary wasn't approved by the family, correct?
It's a shame as they're both fucking fantastic. I'm glad they were made.
I also heard that there is going to be a release of both Quiet Riot 1 & 2. Both these things would make the Rhoads family heads explode.
Lets see where things end up.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

I remember when Cliff Burton died,a friend had gotten footage of that Master Of Puppets tour and we were watching it 2 days after his death. Everybody since has seen it. I just wish somebody has the balls to just up Diary footage. I get that Randy died in the care of the Osbourne camp but,he was no saint. What are they protecting. I understand people profiting off his loss but....it's been 40 years now,come on. Srcrew our and future generations from seeing the master work over loss,pride or whatever is making the Rhoads estate from withholding anything. They don't care that people genuinely hurt at his loss and wounds might mend some seeing their Supeman. Even might get a new fanbase. If I am being pompus or hurtin anyone,I apologize. After 40 plus years, I'm about to walk away. Randy himself would say "What's the problem. What's the hold up"? :roll:

Oh,by the way...The Burton family was happy that fans got to see their son in his prime. Helps erase some of the tragedy and kept the legacy alive.
Dangling Carrot

Post by Dangling Carrot »

Don't be surprised if you see some of the footage that was recorded from Peter's documentary. Dakota may have sold out.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Dangling Carrot wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:21 pm Don't be surprised if you see some of the footage that was recorded from Peter's documentary. Dakota may have sold out.
Good. Better than rotting away in some vault where no one ever sees it.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Some of the interview clips do have that look of the Dakota documentary snips we got, its the first thing I noticed. And its not a good look.. :D

When I piece that together with Kathy said that might just be what she and the family are upset about now (Dakota interviews they blocked now being used elsewhere)
Rhoadsfan266

Post by Rhoadsfan266 »

Another disappointment im sure
estang74

Post by estang74 »

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/m ... 0559543094

i did an interview with Tracii and the director of the film and I've also seen the documentary. I enjoyed it. I didn't see the Ron Sobol movie but there's a lot of the footage from it from what I gather.

Tracii is a super cool dude and told some cool stories.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Was there any new Ozzy era footage? Or will we be treated to some After Hours and the like?
Dangling Carrot

Post by Dangling Carrot »

Just be grateful that Randy's Name is being pushed. When a family member complains about something like this..its usually about Money they won't see. They did lose the court battle. I think the footage and interviews should be released!!!
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Well I just watched it off Amazon and it wasn't 99% of the QR years documentary but at least 91% of it...nothing we haven't seen before...I knew I was in trouble when there's 20 minutes left and he's just finally joining Ozzy...no mention of the Jackson guitar and his contribution to help creating the "last original design" of a successful guitar. All in all a letdown but that's just par for the course, right? :D