New Sarzo interview 2012

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hansolo
Mass Poster

Re: New Sarzo interview 2012

Post by hansolo »

Don Arden? Father of Sharon, alleged mobster who allegedly ripped off Sabbath in the 70's? I don't think I'd trust him over a harmless bass player. But yeah, I am a HUGE bob fan. Let me name the Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a madman albums. Sold? Not masterpieces? What kind of arsehole f's with a masterpiece?
I heard Randy playing bass/lesson (E - C#m) very melodic and I though maybe Randy showed Bob a thing or two but even if that is true he played all the bass on the albums and wrote quite an amount of lyrics too. I often wonder who sang the harmonies on the albums. On the isolated Crazy Train vocal track, "I'm going off the rails on a crazy train" clearly a harmony is heard. To sing harmony you either need to be familiar with the notes/scales (shown/organic) or have taken music theory. Randy could have said, sing this... But did Ozzy sing it? Or did Bob? Sorry if I'm offtrack.

P.S. - I'll be pissed as a rat very soon.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

hansolo wrote:Don Arden? Father of Sharon, alleged mobster who allegedly ripped off Sabbath in the 70's? I don't think I'd trust him over a harmless bass player. But yeah, I am a HUGE bob fan. Let me name the Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a madman albums. Sold? Not masterpieces? What kind of arsehole f's with a masterpiece?
I heard Randy playing bass/lesson (E - C#m) very melodic and I though maybe Randy showed Bob a thing or two but even if that is true he played all the bass on the albums and wrote quite an amount of lyrics too. I often wonder who sang the harmonies on the albums. On the isolated Crazy Train vocal track, "I'm going off the rails on a crazy train" clearly a harmony is heard. To sing harmony you either need to be familiar with the notes/scales (shown/organic) or have taken music theory. Randy could have said, sing this... But did Ozzy sing it? Or did Bob? Sorry if I'm offtrack.

I'm sure Randy came up with some suggestions for Bob and vice-versa, not how to play, but more things like....."maybe in this key......." or things like...."maybe come in with that riff/bass line after that..."......."change key here..."....etc..etc

Randy had a solid back ground in music theory, as did Bob, not that Bob studied theory perhaps as much as Randy, but it's safe to say Bob knows his way around the fret board, or he'd have lasted all of two seconds in Rainbow, especially with Blackmore at the helm. Perhaps that is also another reason why the Blizzard and Diary songs are so good, two guy's very confident and creative with their instruments and with a solid knowledge of scales, melodies and the like. Probably a good reason why the songs came together fairly fast.

Ozzy had really good melody ideas too, that was important, and his vocal sound was/is unique.

That's one of the main reasons I really want to hear Bob's tapes, not just to hear Randy play, but to hear songs evolve and change....it would be great to hear that. The fact that it was recorded on a Marantz tape deck with condenser mic, leads me too believe the quality would be reasonably good too.

As for all the rest, I'll just wait for the book, it'll should be interesting reading, and not just the parts about Randy/Ozzy, but also Rainbow, Gary Moore etc........and the never before seen photos, again, not just of Randy/Ozzy, but Dio, Blackmore, Moore, ....the list is huge and I'm a fan of them all.

Don't care how long it takes to come out, I'm going to enjoy it.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Well on a POSITIVE note I know Kelle Rhoads and Bob Daisley are friends and speak weekly- Kelle told me to wait till Bobs book comes out it will tell the truth about the Blizzard of ozz. The evening I was Musonia Bob actually called Kelle +I was able to speak to him briefly thanks to Kelle- Here he is talking to him-I know what a geek taking a pic but it was BD on the phone!!! Thats as close as I've come to meeting him :lol:
Last edited by JAY on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

shred1 wrote:Do you see Dave Tangye pitching a book, or bitching about the Osbournes, in a very public fashion?
Well ....when he agreed to do the interview here... He had to be very select in his answers and not to blacken the O$bournes in any which way or form. Because he knows how they can be a pair of cunts and have you up in court for slander blah blah blah... Yeah i'm done with the Daisley V's O$bournes because you'll bat the ball back with a half chewed answer every time. FFS where's that yawn icon :roll:
Dave did mention that he was seriously thinking about a follow up book about his days working for Ozzy during the Blizzard years. As far as i know he's been helping Bob with his book.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

hansolo wrote:Don Arden? Father of Sharon, alleged mobster who allegedly ripped off Sabbath in the 70's? I don't think I'd trust him over a harmless bass player. But yeah, I am a HUGE bob fan. Let me name the Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a madman albums. Sold? Not masterpieces? What kind of arsehole f's with a masterpiece?

Everytime Ozzy gets interviewed about his input in writing. He admits that his dyslexia and lack of focus and consentration etc. He can come up with ideas for lyrics but he'll sing along to the melody/tune and sing any old words. Sometimes the words are fitting like when he wrote Iron Man the lyrics are corny as hell. But he needs help and when he records his vocals he puts them down line by line which takes forever.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
shred1 wrote:Do you see Dave Tangye pitching a book, or bitching about the Osbournes, in a very public fashion?
Well ....when he agreed to do the interview here... He had to be very select in his answers and not to blacken the O$bournes in any which way or form. Because he knows how they can be a pair of cunts and have you up in court for slander blah blah blah... Yeah i'm done with the Daisley V's O$bournes because you'll bat the ball back with a half chewed answer every time. FFS where's that yawn icon :roll:
Dave did mention that he was seriously thinking about a follow up book about his days working for Ozzy during the Blizzard years. As far as i know he's been helping Bob with his book.
Wow, hadn't heard anything about anyone helping Bob with his book, have to check that one out.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm sure Dave give him the inspiration to write the book. As he'd co authored the 'How Black Was Your Sabbath' book. Very much like Rudy Sarzo being asked about his time with Ozzy / Randy and putting it down in his autobiography. I could imagine that some of DT's photos from the Ridge Farm recordings being used in his book.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Half chewed?
Look, its fact. Bob's very public script clearly paints Sharon as the bringer of all evil. I show evidence that Don Arden was heavily involved, and you walk around it like it stinks, but you won't address it.

I will gladly accept my own error in judgement on this point, if someone wants to address IT. Don Arden. Flip flop. Case thrown out.

Half chewed? Prove me wrong.

As Dave not wanting to 'blacken' the Osbournes.... what would his concern be? Legal action?
Now substitute Bob for Dave. Is the response the same? Concerns over legal action?

Bob has cut so many back room 'deals' with the Osbournes, it is ridiculous. Leaves without his shirt everytime, then blames Sharon.
Yeah, where is that yawn icon?
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

There's always two sides to every story, and then there is the truth. And while I'm here I may as well stick my .02,

On Bob's side, he is clearly a professional musician, whereas Ozzy is mainly a brand (which does take work, albeit usually in the form of the constant rotation of musicians throughout the years). I think that Randy's playing most certainly was elevated by the gifts that Bob shared (thus the masterpieces that the O's shit on by remastering once without Bob and Lee, then regurgitating it again by releasing it as it was meant to be- just to take cash out of the pockets of two fellow musicians that helped birthe something beautiful and original, something that is just as valid now as it was 30+ years ago) not to say that one was better than or did more than the other- but more that it would appear two well educated musicians brought their talents to the table and also challenged one another's style.

Not to say that they could have done it without what Ozzy had to offer, but I couldn't help but notice that where ever one would find the moniker "blizzard of ozz" it was normally proceeded by OO's name. What, who was afraid that one would forget that Ozzy would be in BOO? hmmm. anyways:

Against Bob; yes, it's old. And yes it's tiring to hear the same shit, over and over, especially when he was actively engaging it at several points following BOO and DOAM. But, hell he did eat humble pie and instead chose to take a lump sum- with that said, why is it so irrational to ask that they cough up the money that they're owed? I pray that they aren't trying to short change the Rhoads estate!

That said, I cannot help but SMH at the way that Rudy says Sharon tried to block the book (so on, so forth) but I see him actively engaging with the O's in several areas- such as with his interview discussing After Hours w/Ozzy's current bassist. For trying to cock block the man's work, I certainly couldn't read any rage in her demeanor towards Rudy at the Rockwalk- purely speculation on my part, but I wonder how different Bob's book will be in comparison to Rudy's. I can't help but wonder if Off the Rails is whitewashing the true dynamic of BOO, cos I just can't see Randy as happy or engaged as he was onstage w/QR. Rarely did he smile or directly engage the crowd as he did w/QR; however that could just be given the limited amount of video footage that we see w/ Randy performing w/BOO.

Applying a few critical thinking concepts, it's easy to see where certain facts were manipulated to put O in a more profitable light, as say it would be to talk about how O allegedly jacked Randy 2 weeks before the accident took Randy from this Earth. Or other things that have been said. And that brings me back to favoring Bob over the O's. I was once a huge O fan, but after several retirements and the eventual Ofest, I couldn't help but feel like he was pulling certain strings over his fans, but he wasn't serious about really going away. I NEVER watched an episode of the O's, I had already long since tired of the shit by then. I did however continue to support them w/o-fest, but it never was the same. Especially once the whole Maiden thing happened. And shit like that demonstrates not entirely in the favor of the O's. Or not exactly.

I would eternally grateful to the Rhoads estate and Bob, if they would release certain details of the name and likeness of Randy in his book that would provide irrefutable evidence as to the truth. And something tells me that if Kelle and Bob are in constant contact, there is something going on that may bring us fans a little closer to the real ecstasy that we find in what little Randy left behind, in the small amount of time he was here that we hadn't known or seen before.

I'm now done conjuring up speculations, splitting hairs, etc; I cannot help but naturally side with Bob, that said, I understand how some look upon it with chagrin. Sort of my feelings when the O's brought out their reality show or S came out publicly with the "revelation" that she had once had an affair with Randy. At that point, I had already said enough- that was well before I came upon Bob's side of the story.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

shred1 wrote:if someone wants to address IT. Don Arden. Flip flop. Case thrown out.
I don't entirely understand the correlation you're trying to bring here; logic would have that given the background that DA had in his business, he may have actively engaged Bob as a potential friend, only to turn on him just when he thought their friendship would bear fruit. Sounds like something I would entirely expect of an alleged mobster, and that would also explain the secrecy on all accounts as to the true nature of who oversaw the contract.

But then again, I don't know what logic you're trying to draw for us with this correlation. Seems to me that you think that DA should take some of the blame, and while not entirely illogical, it does not negate the evil that S did perpetrate against two of the founding members and contributors of BOO and DOAM.

I just don't get it.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

This, again, is from Bob Daisley's website:

Even with such a promising case, taking legal action in the US can be a lengthy and very expensive business, how many times did the case go to court and what was the outcome?

BD. Sharon hadn't spoken to her father Don Arden for almost twenty years so when Steve Machat contacted Don about our case he offered to help, knowing that the Osbournes had bought the rights to the Ozzy catalogue from him in 1983, hence inheriting the liability to pay us our royalties that Don knew were due. Lee Kerslake and I met with Don in London on the 12th of September, 2000 and all was discussed and agreed by the three of us that Don would help in our case. By that time our case had been reviewed at least twice in court by a judge via a 'summary judgement' - which is a procedure where a case is analysed to decide if it has merit or not - and ours was deemed credible and with merit by the judge with most issues/claims remaining intact after the first judgement but we lost a few with the second. As for the expense of our lawsuit, our Beverly Hills lawyers were so confident of our case that they took it on under a contingency basis, that is, if we won they got paid, if we lost, they got nothing. Lee and I still had to pay the ongoing incidental costs which were considerable and Lee almost lost his house because of the expense.

Eventually in late 2001, Sharon made up with her father who signed an affidavit saying that Lee and I had offered to bribe and pay him to be a witness for us, which of course we most certainly had not. The same judge who had previously judged our case as having merit, announced that now we didn't have a case. Our lawyers went to the Appeals Court which denied our case a hearing and then the same thing happened when they tried the Supreme Court.

In 2002 the Osbournes went to the trouble of taking the original tapes of 'Blizzard' and 'Diary' into the studio and re-recording Lee's and my performances with other musicians. We expected, or at least weren't surprised that they would insult us but to insult the memory of Randy Rhoads and disregard the record-buying public was a low act that showed their true colours.

This is the second lawsuit we are discussing here. The BIG one, the one that he lost. Why did he lose? See above.

Looks like Don did sell Mr Daisley down the river. True or false?

Now read any of Bob's current interviews, and see if he mentions Don Arden. Note too how Bob veils his desire for 'money' by saying how this injustice tarnishes RR's memory. Bullsh**. Making an appearance at the Rock Walk would have added some credibility to Bob's claim of how much he cared about Randy.

The suggestion that the two parties couldn't be together (for fear of a fight) is 'half-chewed' as well, seeing as Bob has no problem spending considerable time in the studio with the Osbournes. Or negotiating with them - re: the box set.

This thread started over someone accusing Rudy Sarzo of misleading people about the infamous crash.

I am suggesting Bob Daisley is purposefully misleading the public about his failed lawsuit.
Constantly. Like, for thirty years. Again, a professional victim.

Finally, what exactly is Bob's endgame here?
What is the rationale for regurgitating this story over and over, thirty years after the fact?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

shred1 wrote:Half chewed?
Look, its fact. Bob's very public script clearly paints Sharon as the bringer of all evil. I show evidence that Don Arden was heavily involved, and you walk around it like it stinks, but you won't address it.

I will gladly accept my own error in judgement on this point, if someone wants to address IT. Don Arden. Flip flop. Case thrown out.

Half chewed? Prove me wrong.

As Dave not wanting to 'blacken' the Osbournes.... what would his concern be? Legal action?
Now substitute Bob for Dave. Is the response the same? Concerns over legal action?

Bob has cut so many back room 'deals' with the Osbournes, it is ridiculous. Leaves without his shirt everytime, then blames Sharon.
Yeah, where is that yawn icon?
Who's mentioning Don Arden ? not me mate, he's worm food / history it's all down to how the O$bournes are reacting today. $haron is just her dad with tits and a sour attitude to match. Ozzy is her puppet and makes her dollar. She'll fuck with anyone who gets in her way or upsets the way they operate. They hate to see anyone making money without them getting a bigger slice. Look at the recent shit with Bill Ward he's taking the sensible option and covering his arse before he gets shafted and forgets to read the small print. They know how much the Sabbath album and gigs will pull in and they seen it done with Dio's Heaven & Hell. This will be the last we'll see of Ozzy and it's his last chance to line his pockets big time before he retires for good.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Who's mentioning Don Arden ? not me mate, he's worm food / history it's all down to how the O$bournes are reacting today. $haron is just her dad with tits and a sour attitude to match. Ozzy is her puppet and makes her dollar. She'll fuck with anyone who gets in her way or upsets the way they operate. They hate to see anyone making money without them getting a bigger slice. Look at the recent shit with Bill Ward he's taking the sensible option and covering his arse before he gets shafted and forgets to read the small print. They know how much the Sabbath album and gigs will pull in and they seen it done with Dio's Heaven & Hell. This will be the last we'll see of Ozzy and it's his last chance to line his pockets big time before he retires for good.
Congratulations, you failed to address any of my points. Again, just another chorus about how evil Sharon is, in broad, unfocused strokes.

Bob would have WON his case against Sharon, if Don Arden wouldn't have lied on her behalf. THAT is why Don Arden is relevant, but strangely missing from Bob's story...

Maybe Don should be mentioned, if we are in fact, hoping to discover the truth.

What is Bob Daisleys beef with the Osbournes anyway?... Oh yes, he had a lawsuit against them and lost.

Don Arden's actions are extremely relevant today, whether you like it or not.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:
Congratulations, you failed to address any of my points. Again, just another chorus about how evil Sharon is, in broad, unfocused strokes.

Bob would have WON his case against Sharon, if Don Arden wouldn't have lied on her behalf. THAT is why Don Arden is relevant, but strangely missing from Bob's story...

Maybe Don should be mentioned, if we are in fact, hoping to discover the truth.

What is Bob Daisleys beef with the Osbournes anyway?... Oh yes, he had a lawsuit against them and lost.

Don Arden's actions are extremely relevant today, whether you like it or not.

Bob and Lee lost the second court case because the limitations (time limit to bring it too court) had run out. Not because Don lied. Don's actions, although dodgy and typical of the Arden's, wasn't the reason Bob and Lee lost the second case.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

JESUS CHRIST IS ARGUING EACH OTHER'S POINT OF VIEW GONNA CHANGE ANYTHING!!??BOB GOT SCREWED, WORKED WITH OZZY AFTER THE 2 ALBUMS, LOST THE LAST CASE, SHARON CUT LEE AND BOBS TRACKS ETC..BOBS WRITING A BOOK AND NEEDS ALL THE PUBLICITY HE CAN GET FOR WHENEVER IT GETS RELEASED...HE KEEPS TELLING THE SAME STORY OVER AND OVER AGAIN..OK WHAT THE HELL IS GONNA COME OUT OF CHEERLEADING FOR THE OPPOSITE TEAM?NOTHING!!!NO FOOTAGE NO NEW AUDIO NOTHIN!!!JUST A THOUGHT..