Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rokket
Madman

Re: New Sarzo interview 2012

Post by rokket »

axeman_12656 wrote:
rokket wrote:
sytharnia wrote:I know I could just ignore this thread (like everyone should) but fuck it there has been so many of these sorts of "bashing" threads lately I might as well join in the bullshit......this site really is going to the dog's almost as fast as Tk went quiet and virtually doesn't exist anymore.......the OP is so pathetic its beyond belief.....rudy was there when the guy died...the OP was probably still sperm in his old mans sacks and yet he thinks he has the right to shit all over rudy...fuck off losser maybe when you have done anything of note you'll direct us to your web page...but I doubt it will ever happen....

bye bye ultimate rhoads, you use to be a good place to come and hang out...now you just suck :roll:
Nobody has the right to shit on anybody, but what everybody does have the right to is an opinion. Problem there is peoples opinions differ, and therefore you end up with a game of defend and attack, depending on what your opinion is. Just because one persons opinion differs from another doesn't make either party right or wrong. The other problem with opinions is that they can quickly turn into arguments, then it comes down to a battle of wits. Which is very difficult to have with some people who are obviously unarmed.

There are also web sites whose members are mainly all friends, who share the same opinion on just about everything, and pat each other on the back continuously while agreeing with just about everything each other says, then of course that because a difficult situation when an "outsider" comes in and disrupts the harmony with a different opinion that no one else likes or agrees with. So guess what happens to the "outsider"....yep everyone hits the person with every reason why they are wrong, and because all of their opinions about this person and their opinion are basically the same, well, the person must be wrong then.....cause nobody agrees with them......in a way it's kind of like the blind leading the blind, and slightly amusing at times too......sort of a "pack" mentality.

But that's life.
But Rokket understand that you are the main one that doesn't wanna hear what anyone else has to say. You are very one sided. And every conversation with you turns into how Bob got Fucked. you never bend to meet anyone in the middle. just point fingers.
A few posts back I said...."Perhaps he just said what he said off the cuff without thinking too much about it, I'll look at it like that."

Is that not meeting anyone in the middle? Letting it go and giving it the benefit of the doubt? I thought it was. Bob getting fucked over doesn't come into this anywhere.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

rokket wrote: Bob getting fucked over doesn't come into this anywhere.
I agree.. Just seems like you are hating on Rudy. Rudy did replace Bob. so... But he has never given anyone a reason to really dislike him. It's not even his fault novice camaramen and producers always wanna give him a closeup during Randy's solos. lol
Live Life Stronger Than Death
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

axeman_12656 wrote:
rokket wrote: Bob getting fucked over doesn't come into this anywhere.
I agree.. Just seems like you are hating on Rudy. Rudy did replace Bob. so... But he has never given anyone a reason to really dislike him. It's not even his fault novice camaramen and producers always wanna give him a closeup during Randy's solos. lol
Like I said before, Rudy is a fine bassist, someone had to replace Bob, might as well have been Randy's friend and old band mate. Rudy didn't do Bob out of a job for long, Rudy was with Ozzy five minutes compared to Bob and apart from playing somebody elses bass parts live contributed what to Ozzy that any other bass player couldn't have??....it's a non-issue for me........Loved Rudy's work with QR, it was awesome to hear something of his own in the way of bass playing. I'm an Ozzy fan as well, but I'm still gonna stick to my guns when I say he tells some bloody crazy lies and stories that are simply not true.
word!

Post by word! »

I think what this post is really about is the countless people who have tried (and do) capitalize on Randy's fame ie. Bob Daisley,Rudy Sarzo,Kelly Garni,Kelle Rhoads so on and so on. Its almost like their (Star Power) is not enough! ( if they really have any) they always ride Randy's coat-tail to make themselves look bigger than they really are. It becomes the entire basis of their existence. Ozzy is the only one out of all of them who has never used Randy's fame to front himself. As for Rudy.. he was not only an onsite witness to the crash, he was in the crash and survived! The plane hit the bus he was in. Ultimately it does not matter, the end result of that day was that 3 people died one more famous than the other two. I think you people should come to this site to speak about Randy not all of the people who are using him as a name drop. I have an idea! let's all take up a donation for Kelly Garni just because he was Randy's fake friend...Let all support Bob Daisley so he can make some money as well as ..Let's all join in on a website and donate to get a bow-tie on our name..so that someone makes money$$$. I think the fans should be for Randy and let all of these money hungry outsiders find another way to make money. Fuck~ Bob Daisley,Rudy Sarzo, Kelly Garni and so on......LEG-RIDERS :) if they can't make money on their own without Name Dropping, welcome to the real world.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

word! wrote:I think what this post is really about is the countless people who have tried (and do) capitalize on Randy's fame ie. Bob Daisley,Rudy Sarzo,Kelly Garni,Kelle Rhoads so on and so on. Its almost like their (Star Power) is not enough! ( if they really have any) they always ride Randy's coat-tail to make themselves look bigger than they really are. It becomes the entire basis of their existence. Ozzy is the only one out of all of them who has never used Randy's fame to front himself. As for Rudy.. he was not only an onsite witness to the crash, he was in the crash and survived! The plane hit the bus he was in. Ultimately it does not matter, the end result of that day was that 3 people died one more famous than the other two. I think you people should come to this site to speak about Randy not all of the people who are using him as a name drop. I have an idea! let's all take up a donation for Kelly Garni just because he was Randy's fake friend...Let all support Bob Daisley so he can make some money as well as ..Let's all join in on a website and donate to get a bow-tie on our name..so that someone makes money$$$. I think the fans should be for Randy and let all of these money hungry outsiders find another way to make money. Fuck~ Bob Daisley,Rudy Sarzo, Kelly Garni and so on......LEG-RIDERS :) if they can't make money on their own without Name Dropping, welcome to the real world.

You have picked up on a few issues here that are going off topic. But valid points and i would agree that some of the ex-band members who have played in bands with Randy do use his name as some kind of connection / stepping stone.

I was very surprised to find out that Kelly Garni sold his collection of memorabilia to some rich fan. After all the help the fans over at TK did to help him to keep hold of his RR mementos. He may have been flat broke and needed money fast ?. We sometimes have to sell items like those to make a crust.

When you have witnessed stuff and seen the obvious signs of every person you've mentioned doing like wise. Yeah Rudy wrote his book and i did feel like he used this site as a selling tool. Because the minute the book was sold and on the shop shelves. He was gone and hasn't been back since. Would a book about his Quiet Riot times have been a better seller. I very much doubt that, and up to now its probably one of the best books to read on Randy. These guys ain't getting any younger and if they want to pen there life stories as a rock star. Go ahead and do it, it's not an easy task to do and its very hard work to keep the info true and correct.

When Ozzy released the anniversary box set. It was very much a RR item and had plenty of interest from Ozzy & RR fans. But was it worth the money ?. I feel like alot of the fans had been ripped off & the footage wasn't brilliant. But that's MPO and i'm glad i seen the footage and then decided not to buy it. It was a bitter pill for Bob & Lee to swallow when they had been erased from that product. But it's not the first time they've had to take a back seat and watch as Ozzy & $haron ripped them off again. So if Bob can make the dollar$ some other way, good luck to him. As far as him riding on RR fame etc. Bob was at the right place at the right time and very lucky to be part of that band. (Plus he was in the band before Randy joined.) He had all the rights to make the 'Living Loud' album with Lee and Don Airey and to give Ozzy the finger. His name is on the writing credits and he can use the songs without Ozzy's approval.

Bernie Torme was in the Ozzy band for only a couple of weeks. He has been slated for being a poor replacement for Randy. But under the circumstances he does get kudos for being there. Is that riding on Randy's name ? or does the guy deserve to mention this as part of his career. Or was he just another lucky guy to be picked to fill Randy's shoes. We could go on and mention Brad and Zakk and all the other guys etc Who have made a career long after Randy has been past .
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

rokket wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:What did Rudy say at the end ?????. It's too upsetting and he'd rather not talk about it. So he was on the spot for an answer, if he wanted to big himself up and be the eyewitness, i think he would of carried on and spilt the beans. The guy has respect for his dead mate. I could understand if he was saying this at every interview. If you read 'off the rails' its all in there he even mentions the last time he seen him alive in the opening pages. Don't go fucking nit picking and causing BS..FFS. :roll:
Well put, couldn't have said it better myself..
If that is the case why are you still going on & on & on about this ?????
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

word! wrote:I think what this post is really about is the countless people who have tried (and do) capitalize on Randy's fame ie. Bob Daisley,Rudy Sarzo,Kelly Garni,Kelle Rhoads so on and so on. Its almost like their (Star Power) is not enough! ( if they really have any) they always ride Randy's coat-tail to make themselves look bigger than they really are. It becomes the entire basis of their existence. Ozzy is the only one out of all of them who has never used Randy's fame to front himself. As for Rudy.. he was not only an onsite witness to the crash, he was in the crash and survived! The plane hit the bus he was in. Ultimately it does not matter, the end result of that day was that 3 people died one more famous than the other two. I think you people should come to this site to speak about Randy not all of the people who are using him as a name drop. I have an idea! let's all take up a donation for Kelly Garni just because he was Randy's fake friend...Let all support Bob Daisley so he can make some money as well as ..Let's all join in on a website and donate to get a bow-tie on our name..so that someone makes money$$$. I think the fans should be for Randy and let all of these money hungry outsiders find another way to make money. Fuck~ Bob Daisley,Rudy Sarzo, Kelly Garni and so on......LEG-RIDERS :) if they can't make money on their own without Name Dropping, welcome to the real world.
To be fair, I don't think Rudy and Bob really need to "ride Randy's coat tail" to make themselves "look bigger", or for "Star Power".......

Rudy achieved his "star power" while in Ozzy's band with Randy, and, if not then, certainly with Quiet Riot with the popular "Metal Health" album. It would be fair to say that Rudy would have earned more money from that album and tour than he ever did from Ozzy and Randy.

Bob was well known as the bassist for "Rainbow" well before Ozzy and The Blizzard Of Ozz, but also later, well known as the bassist for Uriah Heep, Gary Moore, etc, and also playing on a lot of different albums, even a Black Sabbath one, not to mention all the work he did with Ozzy after Randy died. And probably worth mentioning that Bob spent a lot of time working with Randy and writing lyrics for all the great songs Randy is famous for.

As for Kelly Garni and Kelle Rhoads, well......it does seem their only claim to fame is Randy, other than that, is there anything?

There are different kinds of Randy Rhoads fans. It's obvious. Some are only interested in the guitar playing aspect. Some are only interested in the work he did with Ozzy and could care less about his time with Quiet Riot. Some love both his time with QR and Ozzy. Some are interested in the guitar aspect as well as Randy the "person". Some are fans of Randy and think Ozzy is a tool, some are Randy fans and Ozzy fans, give them both "god like status" and think that every word from Ozzy "must be true" because he was Randy's soul mate.

Whatever rocks your boat, and what ever you talk about that involves Randy, well, it helps keep him alive and well.

We may get frustrated at each other on here, even angry, but it doesn't have anything to do with our love for Randy, it's usually our personal beliefs that fails an attack that provokes us into a reaction.

"God Bless Randy, and those of us who keep his memory alive" (even if we can't always get along...!!!).
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rokket wrote:There are different kinds of Randy Rhoads fans. It's obvious. Some are only interested in the guitar playing aspect. Some are only interested in the work he did with Ozzy and could care less about his time with Quiet Riot. Some love both his time with QR and Ozzy. Some are interested in the guitar aspect as well as Randy the "person". Some are fans of Randy and think Ozzy is a tool, some are Randy fans and Ozzy fans, give them both "god like status" and think that every word from Ozzy "must be true" because he was Randy's soul mate.

Whatever rocks your boat, and what ever you talk about that involves Randy, well, it helps keep him alive and well.

We may get frustrated at each other on here, even angry, but it doesn't have anything to do with our love for Randy, it's usually our personal beliefs that fails an attack that provokes us into a reaction.

"God Bless Randy, and those of us who keep his memory alive" (even if we can't always get along...!!!).
This is probably the most mature thing I've read on this board in some time...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote: This is probably the most mature thing I've read on this board in some time...
" And then you go and spoil it all, by saying something stupid like i love you " Paul its all go at UR this topic is better then War & Peace LOL!!!
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

Hey girls, some of you are embarassing yourselves again. Can you stop your sniveling long enough to check this out.
A new Daisley interview is here....

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2012/ ... osbournes/
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

"Whatever rocks your boat, and what ever you talk about that involves Randy, well, it helps keep him alive and well."

WTF?

This, in a thread that started because someone asked Rudy Sarzo a question about Randy Rhoads in an impromptu conversation. A thread that was started questioning the motives of Mr. Sarzo, calling him a liar, cashing in on Randy's legacy.

Discounting that someone was in a horrific accident because they are not your 'favorite' is simply ridiculous.

A nice escape clause for the person who started this thread. This summary or conclusion above runs counter clockwise to the comments that started this thread.

Mature? Seriously?

In the meantime..... looks like 'you know who' has done ANOTHER interview, with a very familiar script.
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote: This is probably the most mature thing I've read on this board in some time...
" And then you go and spoil it all, by saying something stupid like i love you " Paul its all go at UR this topic is better then War & Peace LOL!!!
hahaha...well...yeah...it is like "War and Peace"......but that happens with people who are passionate about a subject, a person, and their own beliefs. But thats what it's all about isn't it?

I mean, there could be new rules set for the board, like, if someone says something you don't agree with then all you are allowed to say is "I respect your opinion but I think you are wrong"......and then the only response to that allowed is "Thank you, then we'll have to agree to disagree"........but somehow I think that would make for a very boring forum, not very interesting and we'd all probably leave.

Or, a new rule could be set that nobody is allowed to say anything negative about Randy, Ozzy, Rudy, Bob, Lee, Sharon, Tommy, etc etc, and we have to pretend that everyone is a saint and has done or does no wrong.

But somehow I don't think that would work either, well, not in the real world anyway.

So to continue "War and Peace".....

Just for the record, I personally don't automatically believe everything and anything Bob say's. Of the claim that he wrote pretty much all of the lyrics, I checked that out, and it's backed up by what Lee says, by what Don say's, by what Jake say's....so unless they are all telling lie's, Bob included, then a reasonable assumption would be that it's true. I think the idea that Bob was the main lyric writer is backed up also by Ozzy getting him back for BATM and the next few albums, because.....there were many bassists who Ozzy could have hired after Rudy was gone, any of them could have played live and on a record, but Ozzy needed a writer, not just a bassist.

I believe a hell of a lot of the riffs that ended up on the first two Ozzy solo albums came directly from Randy, mostly from his QR days. Thats backed up by being able to hear a lot of them on the early QR recordings, bootlegs, footage etc. So again, a reasonable assumption would be that it's true.

I believe Ozzy came up with a lot of the melody lines and a few, not many but a few, of the lyrics and song titles. Thats backed up by what Bob says, Lee, Don, Jake.....etc

As for the song arrangements, and structures, it would appear, from what everyone says, that it was mainly Randy and Bob who worked those up, and I'm sure at some point here and there, Ozzy too. As most of the songs were written before Lee joined, I'd say he probably contributed with a few late ideas that provoked some minor changes here and there.

As for Rudy and Tommy replacing Bob and Lee, well I think it was a stupid move to break up the original "Blizzard" band, motivated by the need, I think, for Sharon to have control of not just Ozzy but everyone else in the band, and the financial side, and too do that, you need a "solo" artist and "hired guns" that kind of control does not work with a "Band" and "Band Members". To re-write contracts in order to have total control the original "Blizzard" band had to be broken up.

I'm not a fan of Ozzy always saying, "me and Randy wrote this and me and Randy wrote that, and this one, and this one...", because it's not true.

I'm not a fan of Sharon, she's a control freak, and nasty too boot, just like her Dad, it obviously runs in the family. Yes she has done a lot for Ozzy's career, but I believe she also did a lot of it for herself, and a lot to stuff things up too. As good as his career has been, it's not unreasonable to think it could have been a lot better, and if circumstances had been different, not unreasonable to think we may still have Randy with us.

I don't give any credit to Rudy and Tommy for any of the success of Blizzard and Diary or Randy Rhoads, they wrote none of it, played on none of it, and simply played live shows, which any good bassist and drummer could have done. It was the strength of the songs, Ozzy's vocals and personality and Randy's playing that made those albums iconic.

Having said that, Rudy and Tommy are fine musicians in their own right, and I enjoy listening to them. I don't think they are terrible people.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:"Whatever rocks your boat, and what ever you talk about that involves Randy, well, it helps keep him alive and well."

WTF?

This, in a thread that started because someone asked Rudy Sarzo a question about Randy Rhoads in an impromptu conversation. A thread that was started questioning the motives of Mr. Sarzo, calling him a liar, cashing in on Randy's legacy.

Discounting that someone was in a horrific accident because they are not your 'favorite' is simply ridiculous.

A nice escape clause for the person who started this thread. This summary or conclusion above runs counter clockwise to the comments that started this thread.

Mature? Seriously?

In the meantime..... looks like 'you know who' has done ANOTHER interview, with a very familiar script.
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Would you like a box of tissue's...???
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Get your nose outta Bob's ass.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:Get your nose outta Bob's ass.
Seriously shred1, it's ok if you don't like my opinions, I respect that, I get the feeling your not exactly a fan of Bob's either, and probably refuse to believe much of anything he says, thats great. If you think Ozzy and Randy wrote all our favorite songs from Blizzard and Diary, more power too you.

If you think Bob, Don, Lee, and Jake are telling stories to big note themselves, go for it.

Did you read the new interview yet? tell me what parts are not true and why, I'm keen to hear your reasoning.