Pete Way

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AndrewT1976
Madman

Pete Way

Post by AndrewT1976 »

I've read here and there that Pete Way was a really terrible fit in Ozzy's band. Is this true? And why? Was his bass work sloppy? Did he forget the basslines?
Fozzy41
Madman

Re: Pete Way

Post by Fozzy41 »

I thought he was OK. Saw him with Ozzy in December 1982 and the show was excellent. To be honest I didn't really take too much notice of Pete, I was watching Ozzy all the time, but from what I remember Ozzy and Pete had a great few weeks together doing the tour, they seemed to have a great chemistry together. Pete hepled Ozzy out 'cos he was a mate, I don't think there was ever a plan to stay permanent.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Pete Way

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I managed a quick chat, photo and a few signatures from Pete when he was doing a guest appearence with MSG (Michael Schenker) back in July. He must be on strict doctors orders to keep away from drink and drugs. He was telling me he had a doctors appointment. On the way there he bumped into an old mate, and the guy managed to get Pete to agree to have a drink albeit (one drink). When the doctor tested his blood, it wasn't good and he gave him a pep talk about the perils of the demon drink :twisted: . Pete had to come clean and he told the doc he'd only had one pint of lager, on the way to the clinic. He then went onto another conversation about him having hepatitis B and he has to get his blood checked regular. He said it's very embarrising when the nurse cannot find a vain to take your blood :oops: . He was saying that he now only has the occasional glass of wine. After the gig i caught a glimpse of him on the tour bus. He had the same stage clothes on and he was looking worse for wear. As he climbed the bus stairs with his arse hanging out the back of his jeans. I think he'd had more then just a glass of wine LOL!!!.. steady lad, Pete keep taking the tablets :wink:
Attachments
Me & Pete.. not a great pic of me..I don't look too amused
Me & Pete.. not a great pic of me..I don't look too amused