Johnny Cash

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

siro_angel
Mass Poster

Johnny Cash

Post by siro_angel »

Just wondered if anyone loves the "man in black"?

I do, I admire him in his voice, his song topics and his dress sense.

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I liked Johnny Cash way before he died. :D
I love all the older country singers...
Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, Hank Williams, David Allan Coe are all favorites of mine.

I always LOVED Cash's voice. Yeah, he doesn't have much range, but his voice has character and it's very much his own voice and he sounds like no one else. I have always admired singers like that more than the operatic/showy ones.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

He has Bass to Baratone voice, but hey, i like it cos then I can try sing it xD without squealing like a pig.

I taught myself how to play Hurt (which was a Nine Inch Nails cover) and I like to believe i can sing it, but I'm afraid I aint J.C :P

What did you think of Walk The Line Nicole? i thought Jaquin did a fantastic portrayal of him and Miss Witherspoon as good ol' June! I loved the energy they both put in!

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I like Willie Nelson more but I think he and Cash are cit from the same peice of wood. Both have averidge voices and both can really convey a story.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Well Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash were in a jamming band together called Highway Men, Trigger :P

Simon
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

siro_angel wrote:Well Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash were in a jamming band together called Highway Men, Trigger :P

Simon
Listen to the track 'Highway man' by both of them its briliant and tells very spooky stories.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

I have it :) I love it! :)

Simon
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

siro_angel wrote:I have it :) I love it! :)

Simon
You need to listen to more Willie Nelson, I am sure you would really enjoy it.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

haha... Willie lives down the road from my mom, in Abbott, Texas. I have partied with David Alan Coe QUITE a few times. He's cool, but the man needs a shower... like hold your breath when you're around him kind of needs a shower.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

highpriestess wrote:haha... Willie lives down the road from my mom, in Abbott, Texas. I have partied with David Alan Coe QUITE a few times. He's cool, but the man needs a shower... like hold your breath when you're around him kind of needs a shower.
Can you get me a WN autograph HP, if you can I will love you forever. :wink:
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

I highly recommend "Johnny Cash: Personal File". An amazing collection.