Need musical advice, again

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Need musical advice, again

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, my 13-year-old is going through a rough time with his mom and, being a couple states away, there isn't much I can do for him on a daily basis.

So I thought I'd make him a couple CDs that he can listen to through headphones when he needs to get away from mom. I need help finding good stuff for him and was hoping you all could give me some suggestions.

What I do know about his tastes are that he is a big WWE wrestling fan (Triple H and Shawn Michaels, DX) and he likes the song I Don't Wanna Stop by Ozzy. He is also learning to play bass guitar, so I was thinking some heavy stuff with cool bass would be good. Apparently he's really into the games Driver 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Halo 3 and Smackdown vs Raw 2007 if that helps understand him better.

What I don't want to do is send him a bunch of my music. I don't want it to be a bunch of outdated stuff that his dad is into, I want it to be fun stuff he and his friends would like listening to. I don't know much about the current stuff out today (as evidenced by my questions about music for my daughter), so I need advice.
lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

this may sound weird coming from me but i would recommend Greenday, The Doors, maybe Pink Floyd. (Im not big on Pink Floyd but they got good bass) :P
My life is a Black abyss...
XXMisunderstoodXX
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

You know what, I'd recommend the Flatout 2 soundtrack. It's a PC game, with lots of pretty cool, new, metal/rock tunes :wink:
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456