Queensryche

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Queensryche

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Being a Seattle kid, I grew up with Queensryche and clearly remember the impact they had in 1984...

I recently found a site here that sheds some light on the very early days of Queensryche when THE local band was CULPRIT who can be found here. A lot of people at the time believed Culprit would be the band to make it and, as history shows, a lot of us were wrong...
RhoadsOliva

Post by RhoadsOliva »

What a wonderful band they were and still are. They will never be the same without Chris but hey I still love the band. though OMII was a disappointment..
R.I.P Criss Oliva And Randy Rhoads.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

These guys are quite good.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

Yes. They are a great band and great to see live. I have to agree OMII was a disapointment.
enchantgy

Post by enchantgy »

Totally agree that OM 2 was a let down. When I saw them in september last year, they played the whole OM (with P Moore) awesome show! Managed to record it too!

INHO their best album is still "Rage for order" though their commercial success (Empire) was one of their last "great ones". Their last really good one was Promised Land. There are some decent tracks on the albums following, but none matched the good quality of the albums before.
if you choose not to decide,
you still have made a choice
Hays

Post by Hays »

the first i heard of Queensryche was on a compilation LP that i bought and they had the song Queens Of The Ryche on there. I love that song and got the EP, and really liked that aswell, or atleast a few cuts. But then when i heard the main album i kinda lost it for em. Maybe its just me but i dont think they lived up to the EP.