So, what songs have you been learning lately ?!

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Supernaut wrote:Yea I figured buying anoher one, but then I thought not to because of the hassle from my mum :wink: y'know the old "you don't need that" sorta thing :lol:
I don't get that sort of problem with effects :D , I just say like "I'll be able to get some really nice new sounds" or something and she gives in. It's even easier with small effects like MXR stompboxes because they're so small she won't even notice them :wink:

Buying more guitars is a real problem for me though, i've succeded a few times though so it's not impossible :D. She once didn't notice when I painted some Mockingbird white.
fernandomartinez

Post by fernandomartinez »

im currently learning miracle man
The Art Of Shredding

Post by The Art Of Shredding »

Racer X - Into The Night
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

Ghost of The Navigator by Iron Maiden
Creeping Death by Metallica
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6482/randysig2text2ho.png[/img]
Wind is high, so am I, as the shore sinks in the distance
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Other than trying to work out Quiet Riot songs for that tabbing project, I've been working on Maiden's Iron Maiden and Skid Row's Makin' A Mess... The notes aren't too hard on either, it's the timing that takes, well... time :)
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

RockyRhoads wrote:Other than trying to work out Quiet Riot songs for that tabbing project, I've been working on Maiden's Iron Maiden and Skid Row's Makin' A Mess... The notes aren't too hard on either, it's the timing that takes, well... time :)
SAME! Well nearly, I've been working on We've Got The Magic recently, it's a very fun song but there's a bit i've had trouble with the timing with, I'll get it sooner or later though. Anyway, I've also been relearning all Iron Maiden songs since last time I didn't learn any solos or anything. I am also trying to find a tab for Tears Of Sahara by Tony MacAlpine with all the solos because that song is really cool, but all the tabs are missing solos.
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

I learnt Iron Maiden's Dream of Mirrors and Black Sabbath's Dirty Women too! Both fun to play :D
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ell wrote: I've also been relearning all Iron Maiden songs since last time I didn't learn any solos or anything.

That has been me for years - strictly rythm parts because I have had myself convinced I'd never be able to play lead (a big insecurity problem manifesting itself :wink: ). However, I tackled the solo in Picking Up the Pieces a week or so ago, and now I realize I've been missing so much by not doing the solo parts... it has added a whole new realm to my practice time and brought back a lought of the fun I had when I first started playing 26 years ago...
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

RockyRhoads wrote:
Ell wrote: I've also been relearning all Iron Maiden songs since last time I didn't learn any solos or anything.

That has been me for years - strictly rythm parts because I have had myself convinced I'd never be able to play lead (a big insecurity problem manifesting itself :wink: ). However, I tackled the solo in Picking Up the Pieces a week or so ago, and now I realize I've been missing so much by not doing the solo parts... it has added a whole new realm to my practice time and brought back a lought of the fun I had when I first started playing 26 years ago...
They're great, when I was really heavily into Maiden I wouldn't even try solos either, I think I learnt the one to Wasted Years but nothing else, but more recently Randy made me want to learn his ones so I learnt a few and now the Maiden ones seem a lot easier. I'm starting from the first album, then the second and so on untill I get to the end I suppose. It'll take time but it should help me improve quite a lot.
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

Not meaning to "blow one's own trumpet", but I improvise bass solos to the songs I learn usually and with the maiden ones, they actually pretty good. Well, I'm proud of them myself : )

Now I can see what notes I can use effectively in a solo better (I can see linear scaled better when I get up onto the G-string and relative major etc.) I can get far more variety. Listening to solos from guitarists and other bassists (Cliff Burton mainly hehe) gives me ideas on how to use these notes too.

which is very fun :wink:
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

one song that's really gotten to me lately is Slayers War Ensemble :twisted:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I've been trying to work out John Sykes' spotlight solo from the DVD Whitesnake Super Rock '84... it's a VERY fast bit of playing, but there are some good closeups of his hands, so it's been kind of fun...
VirtuosoRhoads

Post by VirtuosoRhoads »

Anthrax's classic Madhouse, very fun song.
[img]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6453/jacksonuserbarwc8.jpg[/img]
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

VirtuosoRhoads wrote:Anthrax's classic Madhouse, very fun song.
Great song!
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Re: So, what songs have you been learning lately ?!

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.