* South Carolina (December 20, 1860),[8]
* Mississippi (January 9, 1861),[9]
* Florida (January 10, 1861),[10]
* Alabama (January 11, 1861),[11]
* Georgia (January 19, 1861),[12]
* Louisiana (January 26, 1861),[13]
* Texas (February 1, 1861).[14]

After Lincoln called for troops, four more states seceded:

* Virginia (April 17, 1861);[15] there was also a rump Union government of Virginia[16]
* Arkansas (May 6, 1861),[17]
* North Carolina (May 20, 1861)[18]
* Tennessee (June 8, 1861).[19][20]

Two more states had rival governments. The Confederacy admitted them but they never controlled these states and the pro-Confederate state governments were soon in exile:

* Missouri did not secede but a rump group proclaimed secession (October 31, 1861).[21][22]
* Kentucky did not secede but a rump, unelected group proclaimed secession (November 20, 1861).[23][24]

Both states allowed slavery and both had strong Unionist and Confederate counties, including some Unionist slave-owners. The legalities of the matter remain in dispute to the present day.

Florida was the 3rd state to secede from the Union and it's as far south in the United States as you can go without heading to Hawaii, so I'd say a Floridian (such as myself) is definitely a southerner.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

My parents are both from the South. The South of Germany and the South of Korea. :lol: And hey! I'm from Southern California!
Looks like we can ALL be Southern if we want to. :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I imported my Black semi-convertable 1955 VW Beetle from Florida, can I be southern as well Skully?

Although.....
the car was built in Northern West Germany in the plant that Henry Ford said that the little VW,s would never make a cent!

And.....
Me and the Car live in central England
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:I imported my Black semi-convertable 1955 VW Beetle from Florida, can I be southern as well Skully?

Although.....
the car was built in Northern West Germany in the plant that Henry Ford said that the little VW,s would never make a cent!

And.....
Poser! You might as well be from Jersey and pretend to be from the South! :D :D :D :D :P :D :D :D :roll:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Trigger wrote:I imported my Black semi-convertable 1955 VW Beetle from Florida, can I be southern as well Skully?

Although.....

And.....
Poser! You might as well be from Jersey and pretend to be from the South! :D :D :D :D :P :D :D :D :roll:
I only laid it out for you to add a puch line Paul :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
mikeysline

skynyrd are awsome!

Post by mikeysline »

i luv this band and if anybody has some early boots to sell-trade let me knoewyears i ewant 73-77-i got stuff from net -if anything u think
i might dig drop me a line-mikesline1@yahoo.com
todays skynyrd is cool but i dont know why they dont have bob burns-art pyle-or ed king-why?? ed is awsome did you see hall of fame?
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

My new favorite Lyn song!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxEDiZph ... re=related[/youtube]