Lost a friend today

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Lost a friend today

Post by Paul Wolfe »

In September I got in touch with an old friend I'd not seen in years through Facebook. I met Mike in 1996 when he hired me to work at the Salish Lodge & Spa in Snoqualmie, WA and we became friends. We lost touch when we both left that job after many years and, as so many of us do, I found him on Facebook and got in touch.

At that time he told me he'd been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and was given days to live. Two weeks ago he told me that not only had he beaten his cancer, but he was now bitch-slapping it :)

Mike lost his battle with cancer over the weekend. He was 53 years old.
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Lost a friend today

Post by Tito »

May god bless his soul,and may he grant you serenity paul..
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Thanks, Tito.
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

Condolences Paul.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ah shit man... the dredded C strikes again...Sorry about your friend Paul..
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Sorry to hear this Paul, I recently got in touch with a friend I last saw when we were both 17. I had lost touch with him and although we had become friends on FB a while ago I was still reluctant to meet up with him. When Bowie died he was posting his sadness about the death and I thought 'just see him' so I did, I was too upset to go to work and can rearrange my days easily so I went for coffee at his place!

We sometimes need to get in touch because we so easily lose life and it's largely unnoticed by anyone other than our families.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Thanks, to all of you, I appreciate it. That's what made UR great, we made friendships beyond Randy Rhoads here.

As for my friend Mike, I wish I could share with you just how positive he was in the face of death. He was never in denial, he hoped he'd lived but knew the reality of that was slim. In January we had a light snow so he posted pictures on Facebook of himself buzzing around the street in front of his home on a 4-wheeler with the caption, "I just had to!" He refused to let the spectre of death erase the smile from his face and he posted something positive every chance he got.

I regret the fact that I let myself get busy with life and didn't find the time to go see him before he passed. Life is fleeting for all of us and we should always make time for friends.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Sorry for your loss Paul, look at it this way Death is only one part of life. You will see your friend again we all we see the ones we love that pass too soon.

We are born, we live, we die, then we live again in the light
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Well said Nick, that is exactly what I believe.