MH 370

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

MH 370

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I've been following this story because my father used to work for Boeing and on many occasions would be involved in crash investigations. Without fail, if there was a plane crash in the news he'd follow it. So my following it helps keep my dad's memory alive for me.

Anyway, the news I heard last night pissed me off. Now the Malaysian government "knows" the "complete flight path" of this plane. "Based on radar data from neighboring countries" it has been determined that the plane was deliberately flown around Indonesia to avoid radar and then out to sea.

Funny how this government keeps coming up with crucial information in bits and pieces that they should have had weeks ago. Even funnier that China is not kicking their ass over this.
MH370_graphics_Flight_Path_840_768_100.jpg
The September 11th attacks in NYC gave birth to so many farfetched conspiracy theories... what's interesting with this story is that so many of the conspiracy theories see plausible. Despite all the searching for debris, I still wouldn't be surprised to find out the plane was hijacked and is 100% intact on land somewhere.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Re: MH 370

Post by Nick Hughes »

The 300 objects turned out to be floating garbage

Clean up the ocean people
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

They aint gonna find anything..just watch
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

No offense to the people whose loved ones are missing, but here's a scenario... the new flight plan shows that the plane flew up and around Indonesia and then off to the Indian ocean, right? So say they were heading to Australia and since they know how to shut off the the ACARS and whatnot, what if they were able to fly low open a rear door and dump the black box where the Chinese are now hearing the pings? Then continue on to land in Australia?

Just as likely as many of the other scenarios, right?
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

the endless coverage on cnn is showcasing the most idiotic conjecture and speculation ever witnessed in the history of news media.

there is nothing there,there...there has been no info,data to track or follow so cnn has filled this void with kindergarten-like banter.Its appaling.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

oth wrote:the endless coverage on cnn is showcasing the most idiotic conjecture and speculation ever witnessed in the history of news media.

there is nothing there,there...there has been no info,data to track or follow so cnn has filled this void with kindergarten-like banter.Its appaling.

I couldn't agree more... reminds me of Geraldo and Capone's safe, only CNN won't even find an empty bottle :lol:
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

This feels like a cover up, the story becomes more and more illogical- how did a plane worth a quarter BILLION dollars just go missing? After speaking with a few pilots, certified to fly commercial even- they all agreed that there's no way they don't know, it's just not feasible. That plane communicates in many ways in which the pilots had no control- like the Rolls Royce engines transmit data at all times for troubleshooting purposes. Like if you're flying from point a to point b and it's determined that a small part is.about to malfunction, they'll have the part waiting at point b. It's valuable for not only preventing accidents, but downtime also.

It's been obvious that the Malaysian gov't hasn't been forthright since the beginning, I'm almost beginning to wonder if they didn't shoot the damn thing down when the pilots turned off their transponders. But that still doesn't explain the several following hours it has been alleged to have flown.

Yeah, it's a mystery alright- one of epic proportions in this day & age of technology available- now that they've supposedly located pings in 2 areas over the wknd, I'm wondering if they'll find the obvious conclusion and search for wreckage between those two areas. The pinger locater and the Chinese device allegedly picked up pings- but haven't they already been over that area already?

It almost feels scripted, but I know there are many lives at stake both on that plane and on the ground- I just hope that they're able to find something definitive and SOON!
I don't have a short attention span I
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

oth wrote:the endless coverage on cnn is showcasing the most idiotic conjecture and speculation ever witnessed in the history of news media.

Only because it is the best rating they have had in forever. There is another reason for it too but I don't want to get into it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Doesn't it kind of feel like our attention is being directed to the Indian ocean so we won't be looking anywhere else? Like maybe where some government might be trying to hide what they are doing?
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Isn't there a hot market for human trafficking over there? Let's say that everyone on that flight was in good-excellent health, and either the pilots or some hijackers working in unison essentially kidnapped 239 people and got a quarter BILLION dollar plane outta the deal as well.

The fight stimulator could be nothing, it's not like pilots can rent a 777 to land on water repeatedly, but it could've just as easily practiced landing by instrument only, in the dark, on different kinds of land and at varying lengths. I'm not familiar with either flying a plane or the simulation of it, but I would assume one could practice altitudes and what radars would "see" the plane.

The stories being perpetuated in the media are illogical and predictable. Normally I don't read into stuff like this but it's completely insane that this plane went MIA in this day & age!

Something is most definitely amiss about this issue, no matter how you look at it, it just don't add up imho
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Doesn't it kind of feel like our attention is being directed to the Indian ocean so we won't be looking anywhere else? Like maybe where some government might be trying to hide what they are doing?
Like maybe, that their military blew it up accidentally? He!l, maybe intentionally!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Doesn't it kind of feel like our attention is being directed to the Indian ocean so we won't be looking anywhere else? Like maybe where some government might be trying to hide what they are doing?
Like maybe, that their military blew it up accidentally? He!l, maybe intentionally!
Exactly
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:no matter how you look at it, it just don't add up imho
This is what I think is the most likely scenario: that captain pilot committed suicide and took 238 innocent people with him....
The co-pilot maybe left the cockpit to the toilet, the captain locked the door so he couldn't back in, meanwhile he took the plane to 45,000ft, which caused the oxygen to run out and left the passengers unconscious very quick. That's why there were no phone calls made by the passengers. Hence it was a midnight flight, most passengers were probably tired and trying to sleep. The co-pilot maybe eventually realized what was going on, tried to make a phone call when he couldn't back into the cockpit, but it was too late. After ommitting the Malasyan radar (and disable the transponder) the captain programmed the plane into direction Indian ocean. After that he took off his oxygene mask himself and passed out too. I think everyone on board was already dead for hours when the plane finally runned out of fuel and crashed into the ocean.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Dutch, I think it's more likely that the plane was shot down. My reasoning being that the Malaysian government has intentionally leaked misleading information since day one. Why intentionally mislead unless you have something to hide? If it were a suicide, they'd be more forthcoming with actual facts.