The Royal Wedding

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

The Royal Wedding

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Can someone explain the interest in this? I'm not trying to be negative, I just don't understand.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: The Royal Wedding

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I was apathetic towards it personally. I am not anti royalist but also don't know them, so two strangers getting married makes me think 'good for them' the same way someone i don't really know on a forum posts a thread LOL

My wife's mate's lad (16 years old) is a bit of a 'Del boy' (entrepreneur) and bought 20 Royal Wedding programmes for £2 each a little while back. So far he has 8 left and £900 profit. He has been flogging them on ebay to mostly American buyers you have to admire that kind of business savvy from someone so young, I suspect great things from him when he gets older

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

In a time of such bad news and negativity, I think it's just nice to see a wedding happen. It's nice to admire the dress and listen to the vows. I'm not one of the obsessed people over it by any means, but I can see the interest. I like opening up my web browser and seeing something happy for a change.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

I think the tradition is great.Britain has a great history and this is living history so it is amazing seeing it.That Church is 1000yrs old and has a glorious history-unreal.I would love to visit it.
However the king and queen concept is anti democratic/freedom.It is everything every free person should reject.
But for ceremony i think its cool and it bring s pride to a great nation.The WWII plane flyover was moving and reminded me of Britains victory through will and grit, over Nazism-more history.They seem like a nice couple and not pretentious.Not bad for king and queen!
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Personally it doesn't mean anything to me. I don't know them, so its just someone else's wedding. I only know one person who was genuinely excited (to the point of drug induced behavior and commentary :shock: ) and she is Malaysian :lol:

The media definitely ramped it way more than the public opinion. One reporter stated that support for the royals is always around 80%. That's complete bull if you ask me. I'm not saying people dislike the royal family, but i think a more accurate statement is 80% don't care one way or the other. My only true gripe with them is that they are used as an excuse by elites for constitutional failings to continue unanswered.

I didn't get put of bed until after the ceremony had started but the highlight of the day for me was seeing the union jack flying in the wind, it almost seems illegal to fly a flag these days.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex wrote:
oth wrote:However the king and queen concept is anti democratic/freedom.It is everything every free person should reject.
Why is that? The King and Queen doesn't run the country. The elected parliament does.

Think of them as ambassadors.

I didn't watch this ceremony, but our Crown Princess married last year, and I watched that! I thought it was beautiful.
He was a real regular guy if i remember right? Just like a clerk or something? Nice to see that modern Royals are attempting to pursue some sense of normality.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Lara Coimbra

Post by Lara Coimbra »

I'm happy for their wedding because they are cute together. The importance of it to the history is the fact that Kate was not royal. It's a XXI century love story wich the world got enchanted with.
Well, Randy's up to bat, gonna hit me a home run...
Sorry 'bout that, outside, ball one...
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Lara Coimbra wrote:I'm happy for their wedding because they are cute together. The importance of it to the history is the fact that Kate was not royal. It's a XXI century love story wich the world got enchanted with.
To be fair its not the first royal wedding to involve someone who wasn't non-royal. The press stumped that up a bit too much. In fact most royal wedding's involve someone who isn't royal.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

After seeing my newspaper The Times, so far with bids up to £20 on ebay and todays Express and Mail souvenir editions already on e bay for a handsome sum, I have decided I was a bit brash. I Love Kate and Wil, a handsome couple! God bless them and the sexy Milf Queen.

Just bought three Express newspaper and have re organsied my Times' too ready to go on the old bay :)
It is like the martial art aikido, where you use the opponents strength against them!

"Take what you can and give nothing back" me hearties!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:
God bless them and the sexy Milf Queen.

It is like the martial art aikido, where you use the opponents strength against them!

"Take what you can and give nothing back" me hearties!

Matt
Behave Captain! The Queen's on facebook these days you know, she could be a RR fan, she could be watching :shock:

And lol funny you say that about aikido, i just had a lesson earlier today :mrgreen:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:He was a real regular guy if i remember right? Just like a clerk or something? Nice to see that modern Royals are attempting to pursue some sense of normality.

Rob
Yep. A regular guy like you and me. He worked as a personal trainer, and that's how she met him.

Look at how excited Victoria is in that picture. There is something "folksy" about her.

I think people can get behind that. I know I can.
Ignore the expensive carriage and huge crowds etc. and you could be looking at a totally normal couple.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

NicDots wrote:In a time of such bad news and negativity, I think it's just nice to see a wedding happen. It's nice to admire the dress and listen to the vows. I'm not one of the obsessed people over it by any means, but I can see the interest.
+1
If it makes so many people happy then I think it's a good thing! 8)
Us being obsessed by footage of a certain guitarplayer isn't that much different I guess.

btw there was a guy in London who did sell 'wedding' cups but the manufacturer made a mistake and put Kate & Harry on those cups. That guy sold out within a few days! :lol: I heard in the end he could sell them for about £50 (≈ 56 euro) each!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

My newspaper I bought for $2 yesterday already has 6 watchers and including postage is up to $11...9 days left LMAO

Matt