Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wikileaks thread

Post by Trigger »

Hello oth,

Yes I will agree that Israel is an excuse for violence for some BUT it is an important thing to many millions more across the Arab world and and the world in general.
Most groups site Israel as a reason why they act in a certain way but if we resolve that issue and they still act as they do we know that they only manipulate for the sake of violence! The best thing we can do is to reesolve the issue and the best way is to not get hung up over names of countries but to stop blocking the right to return of the refugees who are now in their seventh decade displaced from their homes and lands, it is a dispute over religion it is a dispute based on bad nazi style politics.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41876046/ns ... -security/

They are saying that Manning is possibly facing the death penalty now.
Not the most surprising news, America gets very upset when someone ruins their game.

Frankly I'm surprised he isn't being hung upside down by his ankles, listening to Cradle of filth, in an illegal Cuban Prison... He's just in solitary confinement 23 hours a day on suicide watch for "his own safety" lucky bastard huh :roll:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'm not too familiar with the PFC Manning case, has he admitted to downloading the documents? I thought I'd read that he admitted downloading them but claims to not have supplied them to Wikileaks.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I'm not too familiar with the PFC Manning case, has he admitted to downloading the documents? I thought I'd read that he admitted downloading them but claims to not have supplied them to Wikileaks.
That seems to be the case Paul, either way there doesn't seem to be firm evidence connecting him to wiki leaks. There was much talk about him being suicidal as soon as his name came up, personally, i doubt the claims.

He is the one on the firing line, i hope they don't take away his life for what he's done, but i don't rate his chances of escaping life imprisonment.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

I am curious as to how manning or assange have/has personally affected/impacted any american?Yet tehy are under detention?I can tell you for a FACT that Wall st and banks fucked over each and every american for trillions of dollars via their subprime ponzi scheme and created financial misery and homelessnes for millions that is crushing this country now and for yrs to come.Yet none of these scoundrels are in jail.Why is that?
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

oth wrote:I am curious as to how manning or assange have/has personally affected/impacted any american?Yet tehy are under detention?I can tell you for a FACT that Wall st and banks fucked over each and every american for trillions of dollars via their subprime ponzi scheme and created financial misery and homelessnes for millions that is crushing this country now and for yrs to come.Yet none of these scoundrels are in jail.Why is that?
Very true oth, never mind jail, they're not even truly held accountable, and they keep getting those nice bonuses every year. Government spin keeps telling us the economy is growing, true, but who's getting richer!!!??? (NB. for the record, the UK is possibly about to drop back into recession, depending on figures at the end of the month)

As for Assange, the US wants to charge him with treason, no one told me he was a US citizen, so I'm not sure how that is supposed to work. But what can you charge him with. A foreign citizen, living abroad, came across secret documents (while abroad) and published them. He did not commit a cyber attack etc. What law possibly stops him doing this???

What damage has he done, aside from revealing a lot of crap that should have been public anyway? The military claim he has put lives at risk and some informants have gone missing, unfortunately they have no evidence of this...

The worrying thing about all this is that you just cant seem to oppose the US any more, and a lot of people and establishments seem to think thats ok. Tell them their wrong; your a godless, communist, Islamic extremist. Show them evidence that they're breaking the law; you are a traitor (regardless of nationality) and will be locked away forever...

Damn, i remember when i was child listening to my Grandad's war stories and thinking how lucky we were having the US in the world, someone who could stand up for the good guys when the chips are down. How times change... the UK aint so dapper neither these days...

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

Damn, i remember when i was child listening to my Grandad's war stories and thinking how lucky we were having the US in the world, someone who could stand up for the good guys when the chips are down. How times change... the UK aint so dapper neither these days...

Rob[/quote]

Unfortunately, the United States is not the same country it was during your Grandads (and mine) time. Things are so messed up that I almost regret my wife and I having children, I hate the thought of them being left in all of this when I am dead and gone. And our mid-terms really haven't changed anything, its still the same old BS coming out of Washington. Don't get me wrong, I am proud to be an American, but this isn't the America I grew up being proud of.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

tedeeoo wrote:Don't get me wrong, I am proud to be an American, but this isn't the America I grew up being proud of.
I think a lot of people feel that way
:|

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Wow, interesting thread and I have NO idea how I got to it (I'm lazy and I merely type "ul" in the addy bar and it pulls up UR for me) anyways, quite related to this topic I'd like to say that I'm very suspicious of the recent headlines about the use of drones to kill Americans (or ANYONE for that matter) for "suspicion" that an individual is involved in terrorism or is an operative of it.

I fear that allowing drones to kill people for mere suspicion will open the floodgates and the next thing you know people like Mr Assange would hope for an extradition, as opposed to the possibility of being gunned down by a drone.

I cannot even fathom the power that this allows the US government- and I suspect that it's been happening covertly for quite some time now for reasons other than what's been reported.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon