King Snakes

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRfish
Madman

King Snakes

Post by RRfish »

So I must admit I am a noodle, when it comes to snakes. I don't mind lizards, but snakes give me the creeps. In the last three weeks I have had 1 rattlesnake, and two king snakes in my garden. One king was climbing up a tree outside my office window, plucking baby hummingbird eggs out of a nest, that had been there for a couple of weeks. This afternoon one king came back as I was gardening. Does anyone know if this thing will bite me if I'm sticking my hands in the garden to plant things or will it just wander away. I have read that they eat other snakes, and small rodents, and I have had a abundance of baby bunnies in my yard this year so maybe that's what they are after. Has anyone here had experiences with King Snakes ? Eccchs ! :shock: :oops: :fish:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: King Snakes

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

RR Fish

I'M YA CRAWLIN KING SNAKE!!! God I love the Doors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emsoq2UskXQ

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
guntervent

Post by guntervent »

Don't kill the King snakes they are after the rattler they kill venamous snakes hence the title KING of Snakes!!! They King wont bother you but he will the rattler
Remember that being patient is the first Lesson in Teaching!
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

LOL MattyXX, but I don't want it around my Den, even if I am a LA Women. And GV, don't want to kill it, and if in fact it kills rattlers that's good news. Don't know if this has to do with the odd weather we have had this year, but I don't usually encounter rattlers until early to late August. It's just creppy that this king will even climb up my Hibiscus Tree, near my computer room. I'm investing in a good pair of garden boots, flip flops or bare feet are not the best to do gardening in I guess. Thanks for the advice though ! Cheers ! :shock: :fish:
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

In Texas everyone has a gun. You get the idea...
Attachments
Rattlesnake.jpg
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

RR-EA,(and you seem to be such a sweet natured chap, LOL), That face is ominous ! ! ! Have to say that guns scare me as well.(although at the moment I have friends trying to talk me into going to a shooting range to get over that fear) Usually my gardener is here to rescue me when things such as this occur, as no one else here wants anything to do with snakes or gardening. I guess we as humans, are not meant to mess with nature, right ? :fish:
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

RRfish wrote:I guess we as humans, are not meant to mess with nature, right?
The oil spill definitely would show that to be true. I'm surprised you are having such a problem with the snakes. Luckily, I am only trying to get one. :P
Last edited by RR-ElectricAngel on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
guntervent

Post by guntervent »

Just think of the snakes as LWL Lizards Without Legs! sounds like a charity of some sort takes the scary out of it!
Remember that being patient is the first Lesson in Teaching!