What Band Have You Seen The Most.....

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Xanadu
Cool Member

What Band Have You Seen The Most.....

Post by Xanadu »

I am a huge RUSH fan. I've seen 'em 19 times over the years with the first time being January 8, 1978 at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago.....during the "Farewell To Kings" tour. Killer show.....

Anyone else care to comment?
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

haha, not been to many rock concerts myself :oops:. I wanted to go to a thunder concert, but i wasnt allowed! Ahh well, soon enough soon enough :lol:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Does a single artist count as well?

I have seen Michael Schenker four times now.
Last time was two weeks ago and it was a great concert! Great atmosphere! And a giant of a guitarplayer with his own style! 8) No coincidence he was one of Randy's favorites. :wink: First time I saw him was with UFO I think in '98.

Have seen Whitesnake and Malmsteen both two times.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Correction: I saw Michael 5 times!
Damn, another correction then it was 4 times, lost count for a short moment.... :oops:

(also one time with G3 in '98 with Satriani and Uli Roth, and to me Michael smoked them all and had the best guitarsound that evening, I never heard him play so well that night of the times I saw him live! )

I think I gonna leave here and start a Michael Schenker board! :lol:
Last edited by The Flying Dutchman on Wed May 31, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Well I went to every gig on the Diary of A Madman tour with Randy and Ozzy right up untill March, then I began following Maiden when Paul Di'anno left. During the Diary tour I would hang around with the Camera men and so I have all of the footage that was filmed. Sadly with Maiden I couldn't have such a brilliant opportunity so I had to make do with being in the lighting box with a lad who went by the name of Dave Lights, up there I learnt plenty of lighting techniques and so I did the lighting for Anthrax throughout the Among the Living tour, good fun. Well actually none of that happened.... :oops:

I'm quite young so like Skezza I haven't been to many concerts. The most for me is probably Phil Hilbourne's band which consists of him, Nicko McBrain, Bruce Dickinson and various other people. I've seen them twice but i'll be seeing Maiden in december.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

It's a toss up for me...I've seen Aerosmith 5 times first time in '77 and I've seen Scorpions 5 times first time in '80.
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have seen Ozzy Osbourne solo or with Black Sabbath about 25 times. I have loved all those shows and saw some great things like Jake play So Tired (he only played it twice live) first time Bark at the moon was played live, Zakk playing 'Snowblind' and 'Demon Alcohol'
Loads of things like that too many to list and as I write this I wish I could remember a few more. :)

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

I would have to say Iron Maiden. I've seen them on every tour they have come to North America. Except fpr the Blaze years.
From 1981 - 2005 I've seen them over 100 times.
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

Grateful Dead - about 125-150 times

Phish - about 50 times

Quiet Riot w/Randy - about 20-30 times.

Had Randy lived I would have personally turned him on to the Grateful Dead, and the Jamband scene, in general. Imagine how THAT would have influenced his playing! (or not) :lol:
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

RandyMagic.....GOOD to see you back. And yeah, introducing Randy to the Grateful Dead and Phish COULD have cause a major upheaval in the metal scene...IMAGINE THAT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
rickhawk80

Post by rickhawk80 »

KISS -- 12 times (dating back to Love Gun era)

Metallica -- 5 times (dating back to them opening for Ozzy on Master of Puppets tour)