Reliving my Childhood

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Ritchie wrote:Ha ! Gentle Ben !! yessss.... Does anyone remember a show that was filmed up around Alaska or it might have even been Canada and it was fishing trawler boats and life and times in and around the harbor .. anyone remember what it was called ?

Edit : I just remembered what the show was called " Beachcombers " i loved that show !! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beachcombers
Ritchie that great. I have lots of fond memories as well with Airwolf, Blue Thunder, Street hawk and Chips...

now I am thinking there was some great stuff; I loved Hunter too and dempsey and Makepeace and even Rentaghost too, although I don't know if anyone outside the UK would have seen that?

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Trigger wrote:
Ritchie wrote:Ha ! Gentle Ben !! yessss.... Does anyone remember a show that was filmed up around Alaska or it might have even been Canada and it was fishing trawler boats and life and times in and around the harbor .. anyone remember what it was called ?

Edit : I just remembered what the show was called " Beachcombers " i loved that show !! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beachcombers
did you get many British shows over in Australia when you were growing up?
Ian, Shaun, Rob/Simon

Do you remember the awesome Robin Of Sherwood? It is still great now watching it and has a young Ray Winstone (sp) in

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Trigger wrote:

did you get many British shows over in Australia when you were growing up?
Yes Ian Australia gets most of it's shows from the U.K and the U.S ..

But now i'm living in the U.S , when i turn on the TV ( rarely ) there's no shows from either U.K or Australia !! ... haha
................................................................Image...............................................................................
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

Isn't Robin of Sherwood the one with sean connery's son as Robin Hood in one of the series?

Simon
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Scooby Doo! I still watch it when I can, as long as that damn nephew Scappy isn't in them!

My favorite episode of 'Taxi' is the one where Rev. Jim is taking the written part of the driving exam, and he asks the question
"What does yellow mean?" Classic!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Sarab wrote:
My favorite episode of 'Taxi' is the one where Rev. Jim is taking the written part of the driving exam, and he asks the question
"What does yellow mean?" Classic!
I watched that episode this week on cable :lol: I really love the Rev charector.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

JustTakeAPebble wrote:Isn't Robin of Sherwood the one with sean connery's son as Robin Hood in one of the series?

Simon
Yes he replaced Michael Praed as Robin the Hooded man :)

I liked the atmosphere a lot in that series and also the sense of paganism that is still a big part of the British Isles to this day.

Matt
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

I lived in the U.K ( Kidderminster ) for a time when i was very young and i loved shows like : Joe 90 , Captain Scarlett and the Mysterons and also UFO .. in fact i loved all those Gerry Anderson shows !
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I loved those old UK Sci-fi shows when I was a kid but as I got older I just couldn't relate to them.
Captain Scarlet has a personel conection to me though because Jessica's father helped to fund the most recent episodes.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

UFO is still on british TV :)

What about cartoons people! I think i was lucky the childrens tv got progressivly worse as i was growing up,a trend that seems to continue.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Ghostbusters
Action Force (thats what GI Joe is outside US)
Transformers
even Go Bots :P :lol:

that was proper tv 8)

Rob
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rice_pudding wrote: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Ghostbusters
Action Force (thats what GI Joe is outside US)
Transformers
even Go Bots :P :lol:
Those date you, my boy :lol: The funny thing is those are my 8-year-old's favorite cartoons right now.

For me, cartoons were:

Wacky Races
Pink Panther
The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show
The Jackson 5
Fat Albert
Marine Boy
Dastardly & Muttley
Speed Racer
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Paul Wolfe wrote: Those date you, my boy :lol: The funny thing is those are my 8-year-old's favorite cartoons right now.

For me, cartoons were:

Wacky Races
Pink Panther
The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show
The Jackson 5
Fat Albert
Marine Boy
Dastardly & Muttley
Speed Racer
My favourite cartoons were all made before my time but they kept playing on british tv into the early 90s so i got to see them. I remember wacky races as well, it amazing how some cartoons just never seem to age.

Bugs Bunny re-runs will be with us forever

on a side note; i still have transformers and turtles toys somewhere :P

Rob
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex wrote: This was the intro to a Swedish show that I used to watch as a kid. Doesn't really seem that appropriate now for young kids, when I watch it 20 odd years later or so. Catchy theme music though!
I was intrigued so i just watched an episode, a halloween special. That girl makes Don Costa seem normal, i'd love to meet her in real life, if Sweden is like England she probably went on to be a news presenter or something :lol:

Rob