Thank you to all my friends, My health problems explained.

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you to all my friends, My health problems explained.

Post by Trigger »

I thought I better take the time to let everyone know why I have been absent from UR for such a longtime. :)

I was rushed into Hospital by ambulance a few weeks ago, I was unable to breath and collapsed in the early hours of Sunday morning (a few weekends ago) at first the diagnosis was a chest infection and was given drugs to cure it. Later that same day I was taken back into hospital! Although the infection was being treated they hadn’t dealt with the pain I was in every time I tried to lay down and sleep! :?

During the days leading up to it I had been weary but OK-ish, but at night my lungs were closing up and breathing itself became unbearably painful and caused spasms which left me without a position in which I could comfortably breathe.
Before I was returned to hospital I found myself hanging onto the door frame screaming (literally). :shock: :cry: Every breath I took caused searing pain which halted my breathing further which in turn sent the pain spiraling out of control (very frightening). While I was being assessed the second time I was diagnosed with a blood clot that wasn’t visible in the x-rays taken earlier that day. I was admitted into hospital where my condition was fully diagnosed as pleurisy and pneumonia. My lung capacity was only 40% at best, but drugs to thin my blood incase of the blood clot and tons of painkillers to allow me pain free movement have left me very weak. And I am profoundly grateful for being treated with such care respect and consideration by all the staff at my local Hospital. 8) :cry:

Although I am on the mend the huge quantity of drugs repairing my lungs and the different pain relief have acted to give me the side effect of mini OD’s. I spent a while extremely weak and vomiting violently due to the toll the huge amount of different prescription pain killers have had on me!

All of this comes when Jessica is due to deliver our baby, being so weak and helpless is demeaning :oops: and puts such unfair pressure on Jessica at the very time I should be helping her to cope with all the coming changes and presures. This entire experience is very shocking to me as my health has always been impeccable and I have never suffered viruses, allergies or any breathing problems, so to suddenly be forced into hospital bewildered and fearing the worst has become a huge wake up call for me and has made me look at my life very closely. :?

I have been so moved by the emails and PMs I received from friends on both sites and want to thank everyone for the concern and well wishes sent my way. I am trying to get on with things but one hour of light work takes about three hours of rest to recoup my energy so I think full recovery is still a few weeks away. :)

Ian
Last edited by Trigger on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

So happy you are doing a bit better! That sounds like quite a scary ordeal. :(
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ian, I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through.

When I was 13, I had pleurisy and pneumonia (preceded by mono) and it nearly killed me. I was hospitalized for weeks and the fluid in my lungs was drained daily by inserting needles into my lungs through my back! This was 1979 and they experimented to find a way to resolve the issue (this was a well-regarded Children's hospital) because they simply hadn't dealt with this sort of thing. I remember the pain was excruciating. To this day, when a doctor asks me to rate my pain level on a scale of 1-10 and say, "10 is the worst pain you can imagine," I think to myself that they have no idea just how much pain I can imagine :)

My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend. God bless you and Jessica and the bundle of joy soon to be.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ian i didn't realise your condition was as bad as Skezza had described it to me. Sounds like you've had a bad time of it mate. My brother was rushed into hospital a few months back and he had pneumonia. It's a bad thing to get and a potential killer if not diagnosed in time. So you've been very lucky, as in your case it has gone undiagnosed. Good job you ended up back in hospital or it may have been a different story. But its good to see that your back on your feet and recovering slowly.
A big round of applause to Jess for doing her nursing duties while it should of been her with the Lucozade, fruit and attention LOL!!. So how long has she got now ? We are counting the days /hours /seconds. We all hope that everything goes well for you both, plenty gas and air for the patient. Thats for Jess not you !! "i can see you's both fighting over the gas". The next time your on the board mate you'll be a Dad for sure. Good Luck !!..
shaun@def

Post by shaun@def »

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing - Here's to a full recovery :)
www.dangerousenemyforum.com
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thanks for the inside Ian! Sorry to hear this. As many others I didn't realize it was that bad....
Get well soon dude!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

I'm so glad that you are on the mend.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Good to see you back, you have a lot on you plate at the moment but dont let it get you down

Rob
Mr Charming

Post by Mr Charming »

I hope everything goes well for you Trigg I didnt know you had been ill.
Gone but alway in my heart