Marijuana less harmful to health than alcohol and tobacco

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Marijuana less harmful to health than alcohol and tobacco

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Inhaling smoke is not good for your lungs, no matter what kind of smoke it is. Granted that, you can smoke more cigarettes in a day than you can pot, so I can see how it is less harmful than smoking. You also can't smoke yourself into coma in the way you can drink yourself into a coma.
But you can smoke a cigarette and get in a car and drive somewhere, no problem. Can't really smoke a bowl and then drive somewhere totally alright.
But drugs should be legalized and heavily taxed, that way people can have nice new text books in their classrooms and roads without potholes.
I really think smoking is a foul habit. Something about pot smoking really bugs me though...most people I know that are "pot heads" have no job, live with their mom, play 500 hours of video games and are at least 50 lbs over weight and smell horrid. I'm sure there are potheads that are not like that but still...yuck.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

"The worst drug in my opinion is alcohol, because of it's avaibility" - Ozzy Osbourne
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

My old youth worker (I know, I know the sane Matt you are all accustomed too was a wayward young man once :) ) said that she couldn't help but think cannabis was more dangerous than alcohol because of the sheer volume of people she helped who had used it.

By the way I did a gig 3 weeks ago (A garden party) and it was very middleclass with just regular people there but there were hash cakes galore!

Me and Suzie left at 12:30 to get our cab and so many people were out of it LMAO
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

NicDots wrote:Inhaling smoke is not good for your lungs, no matter what kind of smoke it is.
this is true.
NicDots wrote:Granted that, you can smoke more cigarettes in a day than you can pot
heh. no comment.
NicDots wrote:But you can smoke a cigarette and get in a car and drive somewhere, no problem. Can't really smoke a bowl and then drive somewhere totally alright.
not necessarily so. in the years i have worked staff counsel for a major insurance company, i do not think i have stumbled across one single case (regarding car accidents) in which the driver of the vehicle was under the influence of marijuana. and to be honest... the thing, the situation i see most... more than any other, is people messing with the radio. well, of course, up until cell phones. now it's people texting on a cell phone. and coffee. you'd be surprised how many people wreck their car over spilling coffee. bizarre. but nothing marijuana related. albeit i will admit that i myself have stopped at a four-way stop sign before and sat there waiting, like it was going to turn green or something... then kind of chuckled and realized what i was doing. but man... my screaming kids in the backseat of the car when they were younger were way, way, way more distracting than any joint i could ever have smoked.

NicDots wrote: Something about pot smoking really bugs me though...most people I know that are "pot heads" have no job, live with their mom, play 500 hours of video games and are at least 50 lbs over weight and smell horrid. I'm sure there are potheads that are not like that but still...yuck.
i wish i lived with mom. lol. but since i kinda AM the mom... well, the mom and the dad.... i've raised and supported both of my kids for 18 years now with no help from anyone, least of all their father. i like video games, castlevania RULES, but that's how long it's been since i actually had time to sit down and play one, CASTLEVANIA. lol. probably Sega, even. heh. i went to law school. i make more money than most men. i don't think i'm overweight, but you know women are so critical of themselves in that way, so i'm not gonna think about it,i'll end up all neurotic and starving by the end of the week. *grin* but i DEFINITELY don't stink. Design Line silk drops in my hair and currently Fantasy by Brittney Spears (hey! don't laugh. That stuff is the bomb!)... and my classic dove soap has given me some assistance with that, but even when im just bumming around the house, like i don't see people run from me in disgust when i go to the grocery store or anything...

pot does kind of make you babble tho ;)~

(Love ya, girl. just wanted to break the "stereotype" - it was my duty as a clean cut hippie girl)
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

All I know is pot should be legalized EVERYWHERE in the world and I am not a user of it because I think I am allergic to it. I get deathly ill every time I've tried so I quit trying it.. lol But the tax revenue and the wasted lives of the people who are spending years in prisons all across the U.S. for marijuana related charges is absolutely rediculous! The laws currently in place are designed to supply the privatized corrections sector with a force of outsourced slave labor and I personally think it is bullshit. All non-violent offenders should never see time in the prison system. It's a waste of tax money and a waste of people who aren't a danger to society's lives.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

highpriestess wrote:
NicDots wrote:But you can smoke a cigarette and get in a car and drive somewhere, no problem. Can't really smoke a bowl and then drive somewhere totally alright.
not necessarily so. in the years i have worked staff counsel for a major insurance company, i do not think i have stumbled across one single case (regarding car accidents) in which the driver of the vehicle was under the influence of marijuana. and to be honest... the thing, the situation i see most... more than any other, is people messing with the radio. well, of course, up until cell phones. now it's people texting on a cell phone. and coffee. you'd be surprised how many people wreck their car over spilling coffee. bizarre. but nothing marijuana related. albeit i will admit that i myself have stopped at a four-way stop sign before and sat there waiting, like it was going to turn green or something... then kind of chuckled and realized what i was doing. but man... my screaming kids in the backseat of the car when they were younger were way, way, way more distracting than any joint i could ever have smoked.

I only say that because I knew two guys in high school that decided to drive while stoned out of their brains. They hit a light pole and were no more.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

people get into accidents for many different reasons. not every traffic fatality is drug or alcohol related. i deal with traffic accidents every day all day. marijuana being a proximate cause of a car accident, has never once been an issue i've stumbled across. i've done my share of DWI cases.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

p.s. - i am sorry to hear about your friends.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Well, they weren't friends of mine really. Just two popular boys at school.
I think I feel this way about pot is because I don't know a single person who's a casual pot smoker...ie, once in a while, they'll have a bowl. The people that I know that smoke pot smoke it every day, every hour. And their lives are sad. But that's the way with anything when you get addicted to anything.
I know (really, I do) that it's an irrational dislike I have toward pot, but I just...ugh. I really hate it. I hate it more than other drugs.

In my young life, I have to admit to never smoking pot...for the reasons I stated above (irrationally disliking it more than other drugs). Oddly enough, I've tried blow a couple of times. When I tell people that I've tried cocaine and not weed, they give me strange looks. :lol:
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

my dislike is for methamphetamine. crank. the shit ruins lives. rots out your teeth, ages you, makes your hair fall out.... turns decent people into thieving lying scumbags that you don't even recognize anymore.

it's hard to watch someone you love go down.

McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Yeah, meth is a wicked, evil and seducing road to oblivion. I know, I used to do that shit and it is all over around here and it still fucks with my head sometimes. very nasty thing to dabble in, I've never known anyone who can be just a recreational user of the shit either.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Do you guys ever watch the show Intervention? :shock:
Watching a few episodes of that will make you NEVER want to touch anything heavier than a vitamin.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Funnily enough an old friend I used to hang out with was a huge cannibis user and now him and his wife are missionaries in Brazil.

In the old days he and would walk into a bar and one time he was so stoned he couldn't remember if he was left or right handed LOL

Another time he was convinced he had, had an entire converstaion with John Lennon where John had given him advice on his career as a script writer.

As comical as they are these are the worrying possibilities of cannibis. I think if you are of a fragile mind (a most likely do not know this) you are of greater risk of certain menatl illness'.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt