If you could travel in time.

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

siro_angel
Mass Poster

If you could travel in time.

Post by siro_angel »

To ONE moment.

Where and When would you be? and what's more what would you do?

However, I have a rule or two for you. :twisted:

You aren't aloud to interfere with time, you can observe, talk to people, but NO giving details which could change history and NO interfering with people's lifestyle (as in save people's lives).

and try not to end up inside "the grandfather paraodox" either. :P

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i would take slayer with me, go back to a random music club in the 20s and get the band to perform and see how people react. :twisted:

Rob
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Straight back to 1980.... First doing some travelling in England and then from april 1981 do some travelling in the U.S. :lol:
(oh and maybe I will take a little camera with me..... :wink: )
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

the beginning. the very beginning of existence. and if i can travel forward, i'd go to the last day. it's like starting a book, skipping to the end, and then finishing the middle
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

If I could remain in a protective force field with oxygen I would like to go back before the beginning.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

wareagle wrote:if i could go back to one time? could i stay there? id be 14 in 1968, in woodstock seeing hendrix, that is if i could stay back in time, then i could see all the best, led zep, skynyrd, ozzy, randy with quiet riot, id do that in a second. if there was one thing i could change it would be the time period i was born in. id be born in like 56 or 57.

lol at rice pudding, that would be sweet.
This is weird!! Recently I said on here that my hippie-esque music tastes made me love this year!

Love all the late 60's music. Me and my wife are huge Doors fans. I love all the late 60's pop music.

Jeez so many great albums from 68!!

Matt
Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I would want to do two stops in my past. First to 2001. The scene is my Mother on her death bed. We were all there when she passed. I would love to go back and hold on to her frail hand and tell her how much I loved her and that her gift of life to me was perfect and how beautiful she is and what a fine job she did in raising me. I would tell her to be free and fly to the perfect peace of God's heaven and to remember that not a day will pass without me thinking of her, and to also let her know I will try my best to raise my daughters as well as she did me. With that I would kiss her forehead and have God take her home.

THe second would be 2004 at my Dad's death bed, again all of us were there when he passed. I remember us all sitting around on that November night. I was staring out of the window wondering when God was going to come for my Dad. I wish I were sitting right next to him like my sisters were, but I was looking out the window and thinking that he was going to be gone soon. When he passed we all were standing there and he drifted away. I wish I had said to him what I wish I had said to my Mom. I was so happy when he told me earlier that day that he was proud of me. I just wish I could have said more than I did. I am sure he knew everything that I felt for him, but I would go back in a heartbeat to tell him he means the world to me. He was a gentle man with a big heart, and I think he died of a broken heart and wanted to be with my Mom. I miss them both very much and would love to see them again!!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
shanic
Cool Member

Post by shanic »

wow Zack you made my eyes mist over there, I kid you not!!! Im ringing my olds now.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

shanic wrote:wow Zack you made my eyes mist over there, I kid you not!!! Im ringing my olds now.
There you go!! Talk to them and hang out with them as much as you can!!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

I'm too analytical to enjoy this hypothetical idea. LOL I usually end up trying to figure out what sort of temporal loops and paradoxes would come from such a journey. I am a big "Terminator" fan and I have gotten into the TV series "The Sarah Connor Chronicles". There are so many things of this nature going on in that story it is wild how they keep the story/plot cohesive so well. Or like the movie "The Twelve Monkeys" was really cool also, IMO.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Zakk Daniels wrote:I would want to do two stops in my past. First to 2001. The scene is my Mother on her death bed. We were all there when she passed. I would love to go back and hold on to her frail hand and tell her how much I loved her and that her gift of life to me was perfect and how beautiful she is and what a fine job she did in raising me. I would tell her to be free and fly to the perfect peace of God's heaven and to remember that not a day will pass without me thinking of her, and to also let her know I will try my best to raise my daughters as well as she did me. With that I would kiss her forehead and have God take her home.

THe second would be 2004 at my Dad's death bed, again all of us were there when he passed. I remember us all sitting around on that November night. I was staring out of the window wondering when God was going to come for my Dad. I wish I were sitting right next to him like my sisters were, but I was looking out the window and thinking that he was going to be gone soon. When he passed we all were standing there and he drifted away. I wish I had said to him what I wish I had said to my Mom. I was so happy when he told me earlier that day that he was proud of me. I just wish I could have said more than I did. I am sure he knew everything that I felt for him, but I would go back in a heartbeat to tell him he means the world to me. He was a gentle man with a big heart, and I think he died of a broken heart and wanted to be with my Mom. I miss them both very much and would love to see them again!!
That was very moving, I wish my relationship with my parents was as close as yours.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

McLowery wrote:I'm too analytical to enjoy this hypothetical idea. LOL I usually end up trying to figure out what sort of temporal loops and paradoxes would come from such a journey. I am a big "Terminator" fan and I have gotten into the TV series "The Sarah Connor Chronicles". There are so many things of this nature going on in that story it is wild how they keep the story/plot cohesive so well. Or like the movie "The Twelve Monkeys" was really cool also, IMO.
none of that flux capacitor shit for you, eh?