The Movie/Favorite Movies Thread

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I do not like movies that are violent and negative in general. I like Action and drama and comedy. Action films that are not overly violent. Movies like Natural Born Killers is PURE MOTHER FUCKING RUBBISH!!

Check out these great movies and feel good when they are over.
1) The Worlds Fastest Indian
2) Reign Over Me
3) August Rush
4) Grace Is Gone
5) Breakfast Club!!!!! (My high school years)
6) Sixteen Candles!!! (My high school years)
7) Sabrina
8) Any movies with Dean Martin in it, especially Rio Bravo!!

I am just sick of Hollywood glamorizing Murders and violent sociopaths. I use to like that shit, but have since started to hate those kind of movies. Our world is violent enough to have to watch more of it. I do like action movies though, but that violence is usually unrealistic and over the top. I just do not like graphic gore and murder stuff. Just my 2 cents.

ROCK ON!!!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well Craig i'm totaly the opposite if it's gratutious violence sex and Fucking bad language Hell Yeah i'll have a slice of that pie..My favourite flicks...
Shaving Ryan's Privates..Lol! Saving Private Ryan (all time fav War flick)
Jaws (I was shit scared watching this at a young age. "Gonna need a bigger boat")
Platoon (Oliver Stone did a first class job on whats got to be an excellent insight into how the Vietnam war was seen in the eyes of a soldier)
Shawshank Redemption (This is just a great story and a classic movie)
Dracula ( Christopher Lee scared the shit out of me but Gary Oldham did a very good job with this version)
Silence of the Lambs ( this is another classic flick which was very much over hyped but a one for everyone's top ten "Put the fucking LOTION in the basket" HA!)
Pulp Fiction (QT did an excellent job of joining all the stories together and Marcel Wallace what a bad ass, well he ended up with one :oops: )
No Country For Old Men (This was the last Movie i watched and i totaly enjoyed.The assasin what a creapy looking guy.Well recommended!)
Full Metal Jacket ( Another classic War flick filmed on a low budget. Which was filmed in the 'Isle of dogs' London surprisingly during demolition.Private Pyle makes the film for me.The look of pure 'evil' :twisted: when he's locked and loaded with 'Charlene'.)
Schindler's List (Speilberg what a director and one of his finest films he brings home the horror of the Holocaust)
Well i'd like to go on but these are my all time top 10 favs
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well Craig i'm totaly the opposite if it's gratutious violence sex and Fucking bad language Hell Yeah i'll have a slice of that pie..My favourite flicks...
Shaving Ryan's Privates..Lol! Saving Private Ryan (all time fav War flick)
Jaws (I was shit scared watching this at a young age. "Gonna need a bigger boat")
Platoon (Oliver Stone did a first class job on whats got to be an excellent insight into how the Vietnam war was seen in the eyes of a soldier)
Shawshank Redemption (This is just a great story and a classic movie) Dracula ( Christopher Lee scared the shit out of me but Gary Oldham did a very good job with this version)
Silence of the Lambs ( this is another classic flick which was very much over hyped but a one for everyone's top ten "Put the fucking LOTION in the basket" HA!)
Pulp Fiction (QT did an excellent job of joining all the stories together and Marcel Wallace what a bad ass, well he ended up with one :oops: )
No Country For Old Men (This was the last Movie i watched and i totaly enjoyed.The assasin what a creapy looking guy.Well recommended!)
Full Metal Jacket ( Another classic War flick filmed on a low budget. Which was filmed in the 'Isle of dogs' London surprisingly during demolition.Private Pyle makes the film for me.)
Schindler's List (Speilberg what a director and one of his finest films he brings home the horror of the Holocaust)
Well i'd like to go on but these are my all time top 10 favs
I like those movies too, except Pulp Fiction. JAWS is my All-Time Favorite movie of all time!!! The movies you listed are all very well made movies (except No Country For Old Men, I have not seen that so I can not comment), and they are not violent for the sake of violence, ie. Natural Born Killers. They all are good movies with a message other than KILL KILL KILL.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Craig 'Jaws' was a cult classic film i remember the que at the cinema.I cannot remember having to stand in a que as long for a film since.
'No Country For Old Men' is well worth a watch.I got a copy of this before it was released in the UK.The Oscars happened the day after i watched it and it won about 4 if my memory's correct. Well recommended :wink:
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

My nephew kept telling me to see No Country for Old Men both times we went to Florida. I'll eventually see it.

When Jaws came out, I was having bad dreams; I had to have a night light on. I woke up one night, and started
screaming as there was a shadow cast on the wall in the shape of a shark!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I LOVE JAWS!! Check out my Model!!
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Another shot
shanic
Cool Member

Post by shanic »

Mr Zakk Daniels Good choice on the Fastest Indian it is about a kiwi and a true story at that. Only thing is the part in the story where he fucks some random women on the way to the salt lake, what the hell did that have to do with the story?

You mentioned about not liking the way Hollywood glorifies violence, I hate how they glorify the criminal life style. Come on really we have enough problems in this world without romanticising the life style of lowlifes
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

shanic wrote:Mr Zakk Daniels Good choice on the Fastest Indian it is about a kiwi and a true story at that. Only thing is the part in the story where he fucks some random women on the way to the salt lake, what the hell did that have to do with the story?
Doesn't he say to the lady cheekily something along the lines of if you don't use it, you'll lose it.

Shanic. How did you find Anthony Hopkins's accent?

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
shanic
Cool Member

Post by shanic »

Morning Mathew
Matthew wrote: Doesn't he say to the lady cheekily something along the lines of if you don't use it, you'll lose it.
Yeha I know kinda cheeky and funny but I just didn’t see the relevance to the story hahaha.
Matthew wrote:Shanic. How did you find Anthony Hopkins's accent?
His accent well…. Umm yeha well… good attempt I guess, ok then it was terrible. It was confusing sometimes he was a kiwi and then sometimes an aussie and then a pom, so realy his accent was that of a Kussom.

But still I liked the movie and it kinda shows how kiwis used to be and to a small extent still are.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

shanic wrote:Mr Zakk Daniels Good choice on the Fastest Indian it is about a kiwi and a true story at that. Only thing is the part in the story where he fucks some random women on the way to the salt lake, what the hell did that have to do with the story?

You mentioned about not liking the way Hollywood glorifies violence, I hate how they glorify the criminal life style. Come on really we have enough problems in this world without romanticising the life style of lowlifes
AMEN Shanic!!!

I Loved that movie, and you are right about the shagging on the way to the salt flats. What was That??!!

That movie just made me feel all good inside,and then I watched them interview the real Burt from an early 70s film and I thought that he was awesome!! Great Movie about a great Kiwi!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sarab wrote:My nephew kept telling me to see No Country for Old Men both times we went to Florida. I'll eventually see it.

When Jaws came out, I was having bad dreams; I had to have a night light on. I woke up one night, and started
screaming as there was a shadow cast on the wall in the shape of a shark!
Yeah Gina it kept a few people from swimming in the sea as well as the odd nightmare.I had loads of memorabilia t-shirts posters and a rubber shark which went in the bath more then me.My mother went nuts cos i used all the tomato ketchup for blood HA! LOL!. Thats a Cool model there Craig is Robert Shaw getting attacked in the model ? I cannot down load the pic to see it bigger..
Gina 'No Country' is a very good film definately worth a watch..
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Burt Munrow (The World's Fastest Indian) was portrayed as a bohemian and also a very loveable man that seemed to pick friends and opportunities as he went along. Much the same way Forest did in the film Forest Gump.

LOL I can see it was a bit weird for some that he slept with a lady but he also befriended a transexual, and he was such a strange neighbour (peeing in the garden LOL) that by the time he had stayed the night with the lady I didn't bat an eyelid.

I am glad you bought that movie up.

Here are my favourite inspiring films.

1.Contact-Jodie Foster
2.The Dead Poet's Society-Robin Williams
3.Rocky 2-Sylvester Stallone
4.The Worlds Fastest Indian-Anthony Hopkins
5.Hearts In Atlantas-Anthony Hopkins
6.V For Vendetta-Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving
7.Don Juan De Marco-Johnny Depp, Marlon Brando and Faye Dunaway
8.Cinderella Man-Russell Crowe and Renee Zelwegger
9.Sea Biscuit-Jeff Bridges and Toby McGuire
10.The Matrix-Keanu Reeves, Laurance Fishburne, Carrie Anne Moss

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Zakk Daniels wrote:I LOVE JAWS!! Check out my Model!!
+1
That's movie has everything: action, drama, humor, horror. Everytime I see it it's still great! There are not that much movies like that! 8)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Matthew wrote:
Here are my favourite inspiring films.

1.Contact-Jodie Foster
2.The Dead Poet's Society-Robin Williams
3.Rocky 2-Sylvester Stallone
4.The Worlds Fastest Indian-Anthony Hopkins
5.Hearts In Atlantas-Anthony Hopkins
6.V For Vendetta-Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving
7.Don Juan De Marco-Johnny Depp, Marlon Brando and Faye Dunaway
8.Cinderella Man-Russell Crowe and Renee Zelwegger
9.Sea Biscuit-Jeff Bridges and Toby McGuire
10.The Matrix-Keanu Reeves, Laurance Fishburne, Carrie Anne Moss

Matt
A very varied selection Matt What no 'Bond' movies i have to say i have only seen about 3 of the films you've mentioned Rocky eye eye LOL! The Matrix and Contact and Dead Poet Society i wouldn't say that any of those had a grip on me. To put them down as classics ? But everyone has different taste.