And it does have a fantastic ending :mrgreen:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Alex
Mass Poster

Re: The Movie/Favorite Movies Thread

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

I know what you mean, i bought 'A short film about killing' weeks ago, but i'm never in the mood for Kieslowski these days.

You'll have to enlighten me though whats a "toffel" :?:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

im watching dirty harry now lol!!!!do you feel lucky...well do ya punk?(guy on the ground outside the bank)A I GOSTA TA KNOW..CLICK, LAMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!classic shit!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I watched the spoof music biopic 'Walk hard' over the weekend with John C Reilly. It had loads of descreet and not so discreet refferences to music biopics.
I loved it, have any of you seen it?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex wrote:

That's a toffel.

It means that the woman/girlfriend gets to make the decisions. :lol:
Well, anything for an easy life :wink:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Commando 1985 ( I Think)!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Axeman1956 wrote:Commando 1985 ( I Think)!
Damn i watched that a lot when i was a kid!

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I keep watching old Will Ferrel films as I have a bit of a soft spot for him right now, Step Brothers, Anchorman, Semi Pro, Blades of glory & Land of the lost etc!
This is a bit of a departure for me because I usualy watch the higher brow stuff but I seem to have regressed recently!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Yes I have a copy of Stranger than fiction and I have to say it is a clever and very moving film, I thought it was a very clever idea and as you see Will wrestle with his impending death and come to terms with it you can't help but get dragged into his desperation.
Of all his stupid slap stick films I liked Blades of glory the most with all its camp figure skating nonsense, also the idea of these two men dancing on ice together with real discomfort is funny and gringe worthy!
On a side note with regard to Will ferrell films I recently read that the Bear they used in Semi Pro killed its keeper a while ago!!! :shock:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

I have to be honest while I like some modern American comedies, i'm not overly keen on what I've seen of Will Ferrel. Anchorman, failed to get a smile out of me and i switched off :?

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

rice_pudding wrote:I have to be honest while I like some modern American comedies, i'm not overly keen on what I've seen of Will Ferrel. Anchorman, failed to get a smile out of me and i switched off :?

Rob
Yes my like for him took me by surprise and though I like him Anchorman didn't grab me at first. I think you should give 'Stranger than fiction' a go because it has so much in it that I think you would find interesting, the story, the emotions it stirs, and even the animation/graphics used to add to the story and help you to understand the analitical mind of the films subject.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Yeah, "stranger than fiction" looks good, to be fair to Will Ferrel, he is as much a victim of bad scripts and poor direction as we are.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk