Roller Coasters?

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Mike541x
Cool Member

Roller Coasters?

Post by Mike541x »

Anyone here love Roller Coasters? I love Roller Coasters a lot. I'm wondering if anyone else here does.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Yes indeed! Can't get enough of them!
Years ago, we had an amusement park here called Ponchartrain Beach. They closed it down to knock it down to make condo's. Never happened.
Then, another park was built in the easten half of the city. A big thanks to Katrina blew a big part of it away. Literally.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

i live down the street from six flags and i never go. my kids go... i never do. i like roller coasters, though... or at least i think i do... been a while.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Roller Coasters?

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Mike541x wrote:Anyone here love Roller Coasters? I love Roller Coasters a lot. I'm wondering if anyone else here does.
Yes I do!
A few years ago I tried all the Roller Coasters in Orlando! 8)
You ever been in the "Rockin' Roller coaster"? :lol:
(if I remember correctly it was Disney World, Orlando, I did all the parks then)
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Mike541x wrote:Anyone here love Roller Coasters? I love Roller Coasters a lot. I'm wondering if anyone else here does.
Yes I do!
(if I remember correctly it was Disney World, Orlando, I did all the parks then)
I remember when i went MGM studios, they had the Rockin Rollercoaster i think. Sponsored by Aerosmith :D
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

skezza wrote:
Yes I do!
I remember when i went MGM studios, they had the Rockin Rollercoaster i think. Sponsored by Aerosmith :D
You right, it was MGM studios ! Riding with Aerosmith! 8)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

highpriestess wrote:i live down the street from six flags and i never go. my kids go... i never do. i like roller coasters, though... or at least i think i do... been a while.
I used to live close Six Flags Over Texas as a kid. I remember riding the Shock Wave the summer that coaster was first opened in 1978.
When it opened in 1978, Shock Wave was the tallest roller coaster in the world. It lost this title within weeks upon the opening of the The Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens: The Old Country. While not the fastest, scariest, or most technically advanced ride today, it still is ideal for younger riders looking to go on their first "upside down" roller coaster as well as nostalgics and coaster enthusiasts.
Last edited by Paul Wolfe on Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

I love 'em.. I also like Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, it is a PC game. (I'm not a big fan of the 3rd Rollercoaster Tycoon)

There's one in belgium that got stuck in the upside down part, my friend was in it at that moment; he had to be rescued by firemen 8)
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i've never been big a fan of rollercoasters although i've had my fair share of fun on them.

the last time i went on one was 4/5 years ago on the day i finnished middle school,bedfordshire has a three tier education system so i would have been bout 13/14. (Cripes i cant believe its been that long it seems like only yesterday :shock: :!: )

we were at thorpe park, me and my mate ant went on this crazy coaster that goes backwords in the dark :shock: , it scared the crap out of us :lol:

after that we rode it half a dozen times and it became more fun than terrifying :D
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »

Yes I do!
First Upside-down coaster I've been on. My Picture is hilarious. I was only about 6 or 7. I visit Kings Dominion some times. Great place. The Six Flags down here is ok. Too bad we don't have one of these:

Also, I hope I can visit Cedar Point soon.
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »

Stewie wrote:I love 'em.. I also like Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, it is a PC game. (I'm not a big fan of the 3rd Rollercoaster Tycoon)

There's one in belgium that got stuck in the upside down part, my friend was in it at that moment; he had to be rescued by firemen 8)
I have both RCT2 and RCT3. RCT3 is awesome but to much lag. Oh yeah I saw a video of the Belgium coaster getting stuck.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

corey & randi at the santa cruz boardwalk ten years ago.
Last edited by frank on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

That is hilarious!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

frank wrote:corey & randi at the santa cruz boardwalk ten years ago.
Pmsl, the faces are just comical :P

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

looks like fun :lol: