What do you Non-US members think???

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

What do you Non-US members think???

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So many of the members of this site are not from the US of A, you have different points of view, different ideas based on a completely different history than me...

That said, I'm curious as to your thoughts of the current USA issues such as "Black Lives Matter" and what do you think of our president-elect Donald Trump?

I value the opinions of so many of you and I really HATE the way so many Americans will blindly follow what the media sells them.

Back in the 80's during the Cold War, we were taught in school that the Soviet Union was a propaganda machine and the poor folks unfortunate enough to have been born in the USSR had no idea what was really happening because the government controlled the media and the people were only told what they were supposed to hear.

Well, in the 21st century, that is a perfect description of the United States of America, in my opinion
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What do you Non-US members think???

Post by skezza »

Ian will be interested in this topic, although I believe he's busy at the moment. I'm not a fan of BLM whatsoever. The idea that they're calling for black only spaces is insane. It's everything that Rosa Parks was against. I don't like any of this 'white privilege' nonsense. White people are not inherently privileged. Privilege is usually something achieved through wealth, and in many cases inherited wealth, which is why it's even more bizarre that the founder of BLM is from a family of business magnates worth about 20 million.

I'm not a fan of Donald Trump, but then I wasn't a fan of Hilary Clinton either. Two reprehensible human beings for me. That said, I felt the media were pretty awful in their coverage the election. Their repeated attempts to smear Trump with fairly flakey accusations actually bought into this idea that the election was being rigged.

That said, Clinton has burned her bridges here. By demanding a recount, she's certainly pissed off Trump, who had previously said there was no interest in prosecuting her. In a lot of ways, I know hope he goes full barrel, to teach her a lesson... By the way, how come the media are giving her such an easy ride? Didn't they rip Trump a new arsehole when he suggested calling for a recount if he lost?

Hypocrisy is everything in the American media.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Thank you, Joe.

I, too, am not a BLM fan... I truly believe there are some legitimate cases of police being prejudiced, however I think the media has sensationalized those cases to an extreme.

Hilary is definitely not the person to lead this country... she's a cheat, in my opinion, who simply wants to be in power for the sake of being in power.

When election day came, I wrote in my vote for Alice Cooper because I could not, in good conscience, vote for either Trump or Clinton.
sick.jpg
Some people think that is shirking my obligation as a US citizen, but I voted for Sanders in the Primary and he was not a candidate in the end, and I don't believe in voting for the "lesser of two evils".
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I truly believe there are some legitimate cases of police being prejudiced, however I think the media has sensationalized those cases to an extreme.
I completely agree, personally. The media blows most of these stories WAY out of proportion to make things seem like a bigger epidemic than they actually are because that attracts more views and clicks on their websites and news channels.

As far as the election goes, I personally feel that Hillary would have made a better president. (Please note: I didn't say I thought she'd be a good president) While I am NOT a fan of her at all, she, at the very least, can come across as diplomatic. That's most of what a president does. They don't go on Twitter and throw tantrums because someone poked fun at them. I will admit though, I'm happy she won't go down in history as the first Madam President. If she were to have won, I think that's the only thing she'd be remembered for in history books.

I don't vote, for a few reasons, but if I had voted, it would have been for Bernie. Hillary would have only been my choice if I felt it would have stopped Trump. Unfortunately, due to the Electoral College, he did win. Can't say I'm overly happy about it, but I'm not one of those twats who will protest about it. What's done is done and pulling the whole "hurr durr not my president!" bullshit is just stupid, in my opinion. I will say, I have some hope that he's just pulling one big goof on all of us and will turn out to be a great president, however, the people he seems to surround himself with don't appeal to me in the slightest.

Oh, but sorry. This was for non-US members. haha
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Cryptic Night wrote:Oh, but sorry. This was for non-US members. haha
All opinions are welcome... and I've got to say, you and I seem to be on the same wavelength with this stuff...
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Still waiting for Ian's input on this :D
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's a head shaker the way both parties went on leading up to the election. The slagging matches and bitch fests that hit the media was a pure joke...then someone has to make the decission to actually vote for one of these clowns. I know the UK is a joke as far as having a country which was once called Great Britain...yeah but its now a laughing stock and anything but great. America is in a very sad situation when you cannot get two decent candidates to run for president...
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It's a head shaker the way both parties went on leading up to the election. The slagging matches and bitch fests that hit the media was a pure joke...then someone has to make the decission to actually vote for one of these clowns. I know the UK is a joke as far as having a country which was once called Great Britain...yeah but its now a laughing stock and anything but great. America is in a very sad situation when you cannot get two decent candidates to run for president...
Well, we had one. Bernie was a pretty good candidate, unfortunately, he got snubbed at the DNC because the leader of the DNC rigged it so Hillary would win. As far as Republican candidates go, I didn't see anyone that I liked personally.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Shaun, it amazed me that we actually got to the point where the choice came down to Clinton or Trump... at the Democratic National Convention the Dems had a HUGE number of people who wanted Bernie Sanders... but, yes, it was rigged so he couldn't get the nomination.

It's a shame that Americans got so caught up in the party in-fighting that they lost sight of what we actually need here, which is leadership.

Trump is right when he says we need to focus on our own country and not be the cause or solution to every other nation's issues... however, his knee-jerk reactions and "I'm-rich-so-I'm-right" bullshit is NOT the way to go about things. Much like a person on a diet, you don't get fat overnight, so you can't lose weight overnight. It took the USA a long time to end up where we are and it will take a long time to get to where we need to be. If Trump can get the ball rolling so that people realize that we need to do away with lifetime politicians and curb the lobbyists who by the votes to get laws made in their favor, then he will be worthwhile.

Frankly, I don't see him lasting 4 years and then we;ll be back to "business-as-usual" in the United States.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

It looks like this whole recount thing has caused utter chaos as well.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

skezza wrote:It looks like this whole recount thing has caused utter chaos as well.
Nothing but chaos... California wants to secede from the nation which would only lead to others wanting to do the same... Before long we'll be Europe!
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
skezza wrote:It looks like this whole recount thing has caused utter chaos as well.
Nothing but chaos... California wants to secede from the nation which would only lead to others wanting to do the same... Before long we'll be Europe!
Here's a great quote from before Trump actually won:
America and Britain are having a competition on who can fuck themselves up the most.
Britain is in the lead, but America has a Trump card.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Now with the CIA claiming Russia was involved in manipulating the election, I feel we're in uncharted territory... if we do have a recount and Clinton is determined to be the winner or criminal charges are brought against Trump saying he manipulated the vote, where do we go? Does Trump continue? Does Clinton become President? Or does Obama remain in office and we go through the whole process all over again?

Fuck it, just give it to Alice Cooper.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

fuck that paul just give it to putin!!Lol
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Tito, Alice has a better looking guitar player than Putin...
IMG_5879 copy_1.jpg