What The Hell Are You Doing!

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

OffTheScales

Post by OffTheScales »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Did you watch the trailer offthescales? A whole lot of people did. A whole lot of excitement about this film was generated by it. Had Peter Margolis not said anything, you'd be praising Romeo for sharing it.
Exactly!
And since it seems the making of the documentary takes forever I think it's good that Randy folkes already could have a little glimp of it. Keep in mind that some people maybe will never get to see more than that trailer....... To be honest I want everybody to see that trailer, it deserves all the publicity it can get, it's that good! 8)

and it's just a trailer :!:
I know but he put the film in jeopardy. And No I did not see the trailer. But Kelly Garni said that anyone who saw the trailer might be in legal trouble, and Alex what the hell did I do? :P
When Randy Rhoads Died, I think A Piece Of Everyone In Town Died With Him...
Vguy2

Post by Vguy2 »

Looks to me like all the album covers and artist listed in the film have to be paid. The Osbournes may have not signed off on the music yet even tho we all have been told otherwise to keep us from stiring sharon up like that one guy did. that Is the only thing I could think of that would put this film in jepordy. Ozzy\'s music is on the trailer.
Sharon Osbourne
OffTheScales

Post by OffTheScales »

Vguy2 wrote:Looks to me like all the album covers and artist listed in the film have to be paid. The Osbournes may have not signed off on the music yet even tho we all have been told otherwise to keep us from stiring sharon up like that one guy did. that Is the only thing I could think of that would put this film in jepordy. Ozzy\'s music is on the trailer.
Sharon Osbourne
Wait is this Sharon? :o
When Randy Rhoads Died, I think A Piece Of Everyone In Town Died With Him...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

OffTheScales wrote:But Kelly Garni said that anyone who saw the trailer might be in legal trouble, and Alex what the hell did I do? :P
Kelly said Peter was spouting that nonsense. Millions of people have access to the Net, no way Pete could find everyone who watched it. He actually said 'downloaded' by the way. And even then it is of no harm to Pete unless it is uploaded again.

I think Pete should let it go, personally. I had written this film off (as had many others) and this trailer spurred my interest. So it's good publicity, because it generated interest, right?

If the legalities hadn't been resolved (i.e. paying photogs or get permissions), that seems like Peter's problem. Why wait so long for a trailer to generate interest? Sounds like lack of business sense to me.

The thing is, the trailer made me want to see this movie, the bullshit after the fact made me want to do anything but financially support Peter and his film.