The Movie/Favorite Movies Thread

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Oh, he is so handsome. Daniel Craig is just...wow. A physical specimen!
I think he's got a nice pout and pretty blue eyes. He's gorgeous. Just gorgeous. :D

But I do know some girls that just think he's got a nice body, but a weird face. :lol: I am not one of them though. 8)
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Alex wrote:"25th Hour" with Ed Norton, anyone else seen this one?
If it is an Alex recommendation it will be on the to watch list. I like him very much as an actor. I loved American History X and also Red Dragon too.

I Watched Pan's Labaryinth the other week. It is a fantasy world seen through the eyes of a young girl. Set in the time of Franko in Spain and the war, the big question of the film is; did she see the fantasy world, or was it a defense mechanism from the wretched life she lead? There are forums that are debating it as I write!

The Mission is an old film I saw for the first time the other day and I found very moving. Brilliant turn from De Niro especially!

Lastly we both watched scorcesee's controversial movie The Last Temptation Of Christ on Sunday. The good old Daily Mail (the UK version of the US' Tatler) whipped up loads of bad feeling about it at the time, but it is relatively mild by today's standards.
A great movie that I enjoyed (especially as I love theology) and also a great soundtrack from Peter Gabriel no less!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I haven't seen 25th Hour, the Mission, or the Last Temptation.
However, Red Dragon, American History X, and Pans are all great movies. 8)

I can't be bothered to go through the last 8 pages of this thread at the moment...but everyone should see The Shawshank Redemption. Great GREAT movie.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Nicole,

Shawshank is a superb film isn't it?!
Our friend in our local has a bad back and when he comes in walking funny I say to him "it looks like the 'sisters' have been at you" :)

I hope you get that LOL

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I am still recovering from the amazing 'The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button' starring Brad Pitt and Kate Blanchett.

In case you didn't know, it is the story of a baby born as an old man, and as he grows older in years, he looks younger and younger. The film is very intelligent and full of atmosphere. The soundtrack is heart breakingingly sad and beautiful. The attention to detail in the different genres is impressive as is the make up and effects that mak Brad a plausible 18 year old man near the end of the movie.

Many life and death issues are peppered through out the film but without it becoming self conscious or even pretentious.The film manages to successfully present the thing that is on all our minds deep down..time or most poignantly the lack of it.

really recommended!

And yes Tom The book Different Seasons by Stephen King is great

Cheers

Matt
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

Seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

I enjoyed it throughly and found it to even bring a tear to my eye.

Simon
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

whoopiecat wrote:Matt and Nicole, a little off topic, but have either of you ever read Stephen King's story "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption" that the film was based upon? Excellent short story which the film followed closely.
Most film adaptions of King's stuff fail miserably, but Shawshank was outstanding.
The book the story can be found in is entitled "Different Seasons" which contains four novellas, three of which have been adapted to film. The other two being "Apt Pupil" and "The Body" filmed as "Stand By Me".
Sorry to hijack the thread....

Tom
Yep, read that book ages ago. Fabulous stuff! And I totally agree with you on the whole Stephen King movie adaption thing.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

My daughter has taken on a trait of mine she is really interested in history and has asked if she can watch 'All quiet on the Western front' and 'Saving Private Ryan' with me.
These are great films and her keeness to watch them has pleasently surprised me :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:I am still recovering from the amazing 'The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button' starring Brad Pitt
Damn, that Brad Pitt is a hottie, huh?

Seriously, though, the man can act.

I watched He's Really Not That Into You last night, and tonight's film will be City of Ember... Tomorrow I'm thinking Push.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:I am still recovering from the amazing 'The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button' starring Brad Pitt
Damn, that Brad Pitt is a hottie, huh?

Seriously, though, the man can act.
Brad Pitt is a curious example, of Hollywood A-list, he is hugely popular, and given his public image you would be forgiven for expecting him to be average at acting.

But give the man a good script and he can put in a good performance

Rob
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

no idea why but i figured i would post this, its a collection of short films by the Lumiere brother's

in fact these are the first films ever produced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nj0vEO4 ... re=related

i've watched a lot of early cinema, i know its crap by modern standards but there is some real beauty in these old relics.

to me at least.

Rob