This advert really chokes me up...

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

This advert really chokes me up...

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Mock me! Yes I know it is quite soppy but it is rare an advert is so moving! Our cyncial friend said they should show the lady in a coffin at the end! You will see what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYOsWWKH ... re=related
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have never seen this but is a good way to shaow the passage of time.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Quite emotional really, youre not the only soppy one around here Matt.
A few years ago I would'nt have given the advert a second thought, but now that I've got 3 kids it got to me a bit, brought a lump to my throught.
My daughters 12 now and growing up really fast, and I know she's not gonna be my sweet little innocent girl for too much longer, that advert hits home just how quickly time flies by.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
guntervent

Re: This advert really chokes me up...

Post by guntervent »

Oh sh*t I need a prozac now! cause it seems to be going by that fast!!!!
Remember that being patient is the first Lesson in Teaching!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I didn't know the original piece by Billy Joel, but when Absolute Radio played it the other morning I had to 'double take' it as the cover is so close to this!

Fantastic advert; I don't even have a daughter and it makes me feel sad LOL

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Don't feel sad MATTXX, the advert is wonderful, and that you responded to it, makes it that much more wonderful. Everyone dies, but this advert has shown how respect is a key point to our lives. Women are beautiful, especially the ones you love. I am a sap for Billy Joels Lyrics, I must confess, always was, and always will be. :fish:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I have rarely seen an advert that is so moving and a work of art; 8)

RRFish, I don't know if i wrote it earlier, but our friend had just lost her mum when she sat with us having a drink and this advert came on. Now remember us Brits have a black sense of humour; anyway she said the lady should have been carted off in a coffin at the end to complete the cycle!! :shock: LOL. My friend Ed (A New Yorker) is very dry too and when my mum asked him, if his mum was going to watch the play he was in, I spat all my food out after he replied, "well I may have to ouija board her to ask" LMAO!!!

Well my wife is fine with me saying this; but I LOVE women. I always prefer sitting at a table full of ladies in a pub, than a table full of blokes talking about who they shagged and how many pints they can down LOL. I find women much easier to talk with too and just get on with them much better than blokes. Damn it I even actually enjoy shopping!

God bless women and their amazing waysxxxxx

Matt
guntervent

Post by guntervent »

Hear Hear Matt, I agree totally!!! + Women smell better!!!
Remember that being patient is the first Lesson in Teaching!
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

AWESOME MATTHEW!!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!