coolest SEAT in the world...

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

coolest SEAT in the world...

Post by rice_pudding »

this morning i was in a meeting at university. We were pitching ideas for the new film projects and choosing which one's to comission.

although im not working on it, this is one of the ideas that was pitched;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQHLiIXQXi4

the guy made a rough cut using his phone/camera, since visual material is offten a better script than a script itself on a short film. the final version will be closer to 5 minutes long and shot on gorgeous 16mm, but this is a pretty good film in itself :lol:

most people pitch serious films so its nice to see something more lightearted, im kinda surprised they gave the film the go ahead, but it fit the project brief so there you go :lol: 8)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I just watched it with Jessica and we both laughed, where did you film it? the landscape was so generic that it could have been any suburb in Britain. I really liked the scene at the service station with him trying to workout how to re-fuel the seat :lol:

Let us see the finished thing, I wish you had not seen him scooting along with his feet.........still very funny though :D

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i didnt film it because its not my project :lol:

it looks like it was filmed at parham road student village, (i've been round there a couple of times) that would also explain the lack of real cars :lol: . Its a modern development, just stacks of flats. the other part looks like sainsburys car park which is just down the road.

the film wont be finnished for a long time since filming isnt scheduled till the end of february, and then theres editing etc. Ill try to get the finnished product but its not my project so im not sure i can get a copy, but theres a seperate website that exhibits student films from canterbury it might end up on there :D

i like the ending too, i bet that caused some trouble with the owners of the petrol station :wink: .

not as bad as my project though, we had to carry a coffin down the street :shock: ... and no, people dont seem to like that :lol:
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

rice_pudding wrote:i didnt film it because its not my project :lol:

it looks like it was filmed at parham road student village, (i've been round there a couple of times) that would also explain the lack of real cars :lol: . Its a modern development, just stacks of flats. the other part looks like sainsburys car park which is just down the road.

the film wont be finnished for a long time since filming isnt scheduled till the end of february, and then theres editing etc. Ill try to get the finnished product but its not my project so im not sure i can get a copy, but theres a seperate website that exhibits student films from canterbury it might end up on there :D

i like the ending too, i bet that caused some trouble with the owners of the petrol station :wink: .

not as bad as my project though, we had to carry a coffin down the street :shock: ... and no, people dont seem to like that :lol:
"Bring out ya deeeeaaaaad." Yeah, I can see why europeans wouldn't like that.
LTD FX260 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, E/Drop D]
LTD H500 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, D/Drop C]
LTD H1001 [81/85] [10s, C#/Drop B]
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

LordThurisaz wrote:
Good movie!
I like the film project, rice_pudding.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Sarab wrote:
LordThurisaz wrote:
Good movie!
I like the film project, rice_pudding.
if i can find the site ill post up some of the finnished products canterbury christ uni have put out in previous years
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

heres a creepy film done by our top rate animation department:
http://www.ukstudentfilms.co.uk/watch-film.asp?id=28

This is a 16mm project and one of the better looking student films i've seen:
http://www.ukstudentfilms.co.uk/watch-film.asp?id=56

Finnaly this wasnt made by my uni but its hillarious and deserves a look
http://www.ukstudentfilms.co.uk/watch-film.asp?id=49
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »