Quiet Riot 1984 tour poster-Tribute CBS vinyl with gatefold

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Quiet Riot 1984 tour poster-Tribute CBS vinyl with gatefold

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was lucky to pick these couple of gems up on ebay for a small fee. The Quiet Riot 1984 tour poster was a bargain For only £0.99p the postage was £7.00 but a bargain for a vintage tour poster. I was at the gig at the Newcastle city hall a very good memory of my youth. I met Rudy Sarzo in the local night club after the gig.(that's my girlfriend with Rudy below) He was with a couple of my friends and he invited me to his wedding. At a young age i wasn't financially rich enough to take the trip to the USA for a holiday never mind a wedding. Saying that i'm still on the bones of my arse now 30 years later. Well what you've never had you don't miss.
OK onto my next purchase the Ozzy Tribute album CBS Canada pressing. This one has the gatefold sleeve that opens out showing the live pics of the band walking off stage. This also has the picture inner slleves on both vinyls. My question is, which one of these is harder to find. The one without the gate-fold cover, that one has a poster instead. It's the same as the live pics but on a poster the same size. I know the one with the poster was released as a limited edition. But in the UK i've seen more copies of that album and very few of the original gate-fold cover. Plus the vinyl is in mint condition. This one has been played once recorded onto tape and put back into its cover.
Attachments
Rudy Sarzo Sarah H 1984 Mayfair.jpg
Ozzy tribute CBS canada gatefold.JPG
Quiet Riot 1983 UK tour poster.JPG
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Quiet Riot 1984 tour poster-Tribute CBS vinyl with gatef

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I was at the gig at the Newcastle city hall a very good memory of my youth.
That's the kind of collecting I'm into... things tied to or capable of resurfacing memories of my youth.

In '83 I snuck a tape recorder into the Seattle Center Coliseum (now Key Arena) and recorded Fastway, Saxon & Iron Maiden. As I got older I misplaced or tossed out those tapes... a year or so ago I found someone selling a boot of Maiden from that show, he was kind enough to give me a copy for free after hearing my story. Unfortunately my tape was MUCH better quality, but at least I can relieve the memory...