IS THIS A REAL RANDY RHOADS AUTOGRAPH

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

martyparty

Re: IS THIS A REAL RANDY RHOADS AUTOGRAPH

Post by martyparty »

I have an fully signed Quiet Riot vinyl LP - purchased in the 90´s direct in Japan. As I know - 99.99% of the e-bay Randy Rhoads signatures are fake. So be very careful. Also regardin authenticification (is that word correct? sorry bout my english) services - these guys only want your money! I´ve had bad exerience in the past - do not trust these services - such like PAAS and so on.... Try to contact ex-musicians from the bands maybe. Recently I´ve asked Bernie Marsden from Whitesnake for help via his website. He was able to identify a real FAKE.
So, here some pictures of the Quiet Riot vinyl LP:

Japan LP:

Rudy Sarzo

Kevin DuBrow

Randy Rhoads

Drew Forsyth

also check out this website - very similar autograph like mine:
[url]http://subconscious_soc_exp.tripod.com/randy_rhoadsid5.html[/url]

GROOVE!

Marty
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I hate to burst your bubble friend, but that looks like a similar signature that has been doing the rounds for years. It comes up on ebay on a regular basis and it has no signs of his tell tale signature. The Randy signature looks very fake, he never did his signature big. So id' say if his is questionable i'd say the rest are fake. Check out the thread here it explains alot, it'll help you recognise his signature. You'll notice your link is mentioned on the first page. A signature that was on obvious fake. That was back when the thread was made in 2006.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726
martyparty

Post by martyparty »

...no - you don´t burst any bubble. No problem - it was a very "cheap" one at that time. He he - I´ve already e-mail a scan of that cover to a authenticification service last year - and believe me or not - they have said: "likely to be genuine". I´ve paid 8$ for this service and they wanted me to send in the LP and after paying another 40$ they would do a COA for it. Unbelievable. Any idea how to remove that ink from that cover? Still like the music..... => all I can say - be carefully with any kinds of COA´s
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Marty,sorry but its a TOTAL FAKE.Even Sarzo's is a horrible fake.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120