Photographs of Randy Rhoads

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Two New Sections

Post by skezza »

Hi, Everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick :lol: )

I want to introduce you to our new sections today. We have been considering implementing these for a long time and with more photos and videos popping up, we feel now is the right time. With a bit of luck, we will be able to archive as much content as possible. The audio section has been a great success and we feel that we can take this in a similar direction.

Randy Rhoads Photographs -
We would like to invite everyone to post photos up. If possible, try and post them up with the date they were taken. Also, try to include the name of the original photographer. Both these are very difficult in some cases but it will give us a better and more concise archive 8) Feel free to upload them using imageshack, photobucket etc or the UR upload feature. In the future, we would like to get these in order of time taken (that is why date is somewhat important).

Randy Rhoads Video Archive- -
There isn't great amounts of footage available, but we would like to try and bring it together in this section. If possible, include the date so we can get them in order. Of course, some videos do not require a date, especially those produced after Randys death.

Thanks guys 8)

Joe
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

So will these photos be kept here or are they going to be used in a tour history archive ?. Do you want these watermarked or would you prefer them without. Are the pics that are already in the various threads going to be useful here ?. i.e Alan Perry's photos from Coventry Theatre 1980 HMH 1981 and Dick Wallis's Hammersmith Odeon 1980. Gaz Forrester Hull City Hall 1980.Rock Metal Musix Pixs Ipswich Gaumont Theatre 1980. Photo credits are correct to my knowledge. Are you focusing on RR only photos or any pics i.e band shots and pics without RR ?.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think we should drag them all here Shaun ang give credit to those who have taken them or given us the use of them.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Thanks to Starpulse.com Photo credit - Don Lawyer Chicago Il 24.1.82
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Actually Ian, sorry to debate this, but i believe every set of photos should be in its own thread. Somewhat like the bootleg section, with the concert name and a collection of photos from various photographers :)
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

inddeed. each concert should have its own section, and then a "other" for fotos not from concerts.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Seems a bit slow on the photo's front, there's only Shaun who's put any up, I'll post a few of mine, starting with the ones from Hull City Hall on 18th October 1980.
Some of these have been posted here before but not sure where they are now, so here they are again. I came across a couple more from the same concert so you won't have seen 'em all.
Attachments
01 Hull City Hall. Oct '80.jpg
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I love this one.
Attachments
02 Hull City Hall. Oct '80.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Another cool one
Attachments
08 Hull City Hall.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

This is one of the newer ones I recently came across, its great to see Ozzy and Randy stood at the side of the stage chatting, I'm sure this was during Lee Kerslake's drum solo.
I just wish it was better quality, still I really like it.
Attachments
06 Hull City Hall. Oct '80.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Ozzy and Randy givin it some welly.
I'm sure thats Dave Tangye in the red shirt stood at the side of the stage.
Attachments
04 Hull City Hall. Oct '80.jpg
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

The audience could almost touch Randy's guitar! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Fozzy41 wrote:This is one of the newer ones I recently came across, its great to see Ozzy and Randy stood at the side of the stage chatting, I'm sure this was during Lee Kerslake's drum solo.
I just wish it was better quality, still I really like it.
Never seen that one. Love it.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

skezza wrote:Actually Ian, sorry to debate this, but i believe every set of photos should be in its own thread. Somewhat like the bootleg section, with the concert name and a collection of photos from various photographers :)
I agree Joe and to everyone else I am sorry I onlyjust re-checked this section :?
I will seperate these photo's over the coming weekend and I think to add them into a thread that can pinpoint the location would be a great idea.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:wink: Pictures from 1980 [tour & private] are my favourite; you can see the sheer intensity and energy, in live pictures especially- it´s quite clear that they were really into it and I bet it would have taken even greater shape in 1981 and onwards [not that it didn´t!], but i´m talking about the original Blizzard Of Ozz and how that band evolved. You said it all should have been played live, such a shame it only got that one-time treatment and basically got forgotten...
Mikel