Downtime

New Software ;o :) Read and comment here!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Downtime

Post by skezza »

Apologies for the downtime. I was entirely unaware that the version of php had been upgraded and essentially killed our board. Really hope this isn't the deathknell and people check in occasionally to bring it back to life.

I'll fly off a systemwide PM to hopefully bring a few of you back ;) :D
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Re: Downtime

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Skezza, is the black background with gold font gone for good?
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

I came here to post on 3/19 but got that php error. Glad to see it back up and running!
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

I just thought the site was dead and no one was posting as there isn't much to say anymore. $haron, O$$y and the Rhoads family are disgraceful. The 40th anniversary for Blizzard and Diary have pretty much come and gone. The fans got shafted again, sadly.
Thank you for keeping the site alive none the less! I still listen to Randy weekly and still love playing his songs on guitar.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Same here. I always visit the site once a day just to see if there are any new post or replies. I figured it was just dead. But it was very odd that no one posted anything on 03/19. I figured something was wrong with the site so I logged in, then went to make a post and it was all good up until that point, but I didn't actually trying posting.

Other thoughts..
1. It looks way to similar to RR.TK. Every time I visit now I think I am on that site :D.
2. The mobile view is great!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

dinomite wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:52 am I just thought the site was dead and no one was posting as there isn't much to say anymore. $haron, O$$y and the Rhoads family are disgraceful. The 40th anniversary for Blizzard and Diary have pretty much come and gone. The fans got shafted again, sadly.
Thank you for keeping the site alive none the less! I still listen to Randy weekly and still love playing his songs on guitar.
The 40th anniversary of Diary is not until November of this year. I am 100% confident they will release the expanded version of Diary of a Madman at a minimum.
ahxic12

Post by ahxic12 »

Same! I finally can sign up here.
friday

Post by friday »

where else can ya go to get info like what is on this site ?

a lot of accumulated stuff on here from dedicated fans
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

RR-ElectricAngel wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:32 am Skezza, is the black background with gold font gone for good?
No. Disabled while I find something similar. It's not fully compatible with this new version.
JNH

Post by JNH »

Congrats on the new and improved site!! I always look forward to checking in weekly for newer material to read and possibly contribute to.....i belong to 2 or 3 groups on FB that are totally horrendous lol. Mods posting the same old pic's over and over again that we've all seen hundreds of times! I try and contribute fresh material to them, but they don't allow it.
Cheers on this new & improved site again.....good things come to those who wait ;)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Shockwave wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:17 pm The 40th anniversary of Diary is not until November of this year. I am 100% confident they will release the expanded version of Diary of a Madman at a minimum.
What is the 'expanded version of Diary'?

The last release of Blizzard was just a mix, Goodbye to Romance with just Randy and Ozzy and an extended outro solo from Revelation (Mother Earth) right? So one remixed song and a guitar solo.

What would you expect to hear on a Diary 'expansion'? Removing the fade from Tonight... but what else?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Paul Wolfe wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:51 pm
Shockwave wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:17 pm The 40th anniversary of Diary is not until November of this year. I am 100% confident they will release the expanded version of Diary of a Madman at a minimum.
What is the 'expanded version of Diary'?

The last release of Blizzard was just a mix, Goodbye to Romance with just Randy and Ozzy and an extended outro solo from Revelation (Mother Earth) right? So one remixed song and a guitar solo.

What would you expect to hear on a Diary 'expansion'? Removing the fade from Tonight... but what else?
The original expanded Diary version was supposed to be released back in 2010 with the 30 years after boxset. The initial promo material showed the Diary expanded edition CD along with the full Southampton 1980 show CD. All of the Diary fadeout songs showed extended runtimes compared to their original versions of what we have now. Of course they pulled the Diary and Southampton CD's from the boxset a month or two after those initial promo's came out which is why we never got it. In addition to that who knows what else they could include that were part of the Diary sessions.

So at a minimum, we would basically get the full versions of these songs past the fade out.
1. You Can't Kill Rock n Roll
2. Believer
3. Little Dolls
4. Tonight
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Interesting...
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Apologies again. Another PHP Upgrade. Sorted.