Randy Rhoads Live Tabs and Backing Tracks

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads Live Tabs and Backing Tracks

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Lately I've been working on tabbing Randy's live fills and solos from various boots. Soon I will release the first tab and backing track which will be for Believer from Montreal 1981. These tabs and backing tracks are being made by slowing down the original audio file and matching each note/drum hit one at a time with a midi track that I am creating. After that I tab out the guitar parts using my created midi file and match the positioning on the neck from live videos of Randy (if available). (A lot more work is done as well such as matching tempos) Each tab and backing track will be made available on here once completed.

Believer is about 85% done as of now.
All that's left is to match the drums from two sections of the song and to tab out the guitar from my midi track.

Here is a snippet of what I'm working on:

https://soundcloud.com/avery-berg/belie ... ng-project

The original track is on the left and my midi recreation is on the right.

Let me know what you think and if you have a suggestion for the project.
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Re: Randy Rhoads Live Tabs and Backing Tracks

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

Wow, amazing work! And amazing tone! What gear and guitar did you use for that tone?
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

SanDimasCharvel wrote:Wow, amazing work! And amazing tone! What gear and guitar did you use for that tone?
Thanks! Its actually the Sculpture synth in logic running through amplitube. I slow down the original track and match the solo note for note using the midi instrument and then speed the tempo back up. This is just so I get all the notes perfectly in all the right places. Then I tab that onto guitar.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

This Montreal Believer solo is easily in my top 3 Randy favs. The entire songs fills are just perfect along with the solo.

Did you ever end up tabbing this?
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

My laptop broke and I lost about half the project files for the songs I was working on back in fall 2017.
I had about a fourth of the Band Jam complete, 80% of Believer Montreal (including the backing track I was making), and about 65% of Mr Crowley from After Hours.

Hopefully I can finish these one day, but for now here's what's left of the Midi Files for Randy's parts in Believer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nK8joF ... sp=sharing