Affidavits

the Randy Rhoads archive created by Randy Perry

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Randy Perry

Affidavits

Post by Randy Perry »

These were the sworn affidavits of Ozzy Osbourne, Rudy Sarzo and Sharon Arden that were taken the day after the accident - March 20, 1982 and Wanda Aycock (the pilots ex-wife) taken on April 1, 1982. They were originally done on legal size forms and unfortunately, my scanner can’t scan legal size... close, but no cigar! So I’ve scanned just the portion where they (Ozzy Osbourne, Rudy Sarzo, Wanda Aycock and Sharon Arden) and a Notary Public (Rocky Harris) signed the documents.

Ozzy Osbourne
"At approximately nine a.m. on Friday, March 19, 1982 I was awoken from my sleep by a loud explosion. I then immediately thought that we hit a vehicle on the road. I then got out of bed rather rapidly screaming to my fiancé ‘get off the bus’. Meanwhile my Sharon was screaming to everyone else to get off the bus. After getting out of the bus, I saw that a plane had crashed. I didn’t know who was on the plane at the time. When we realized that our people were on the plane, I found it very difficult to get assistance from anyone to help. In fact, it took almost a half-hour before anyone arrived. One small fire engine which appeared to squirt 3 gallons of water over the inferno. We asked for further assistance, such as telephones, and didn’t receive any further help. In the end, we finally found a telephone and Sharon phoned her father."
Sworn to and subscribed before me this 20 day of March, 1982
Transcribed by Michael Jensen

Rudy Sarzo
"On March 19, 1982, I was asleep in one of the buses bunks when it was hit by the plane. I awoke after I felt the impact of the plane hitting the bus and ran out to see what had happened and found the plane had crashed into the house and was engulfed in flames."

Wanda Aycock
"On Tuesday Mar. 16, we flew to West Palm Beach to visit with Andy's brother and then back, Wed. morning. We got on the bus and left for Atlanta to pick up Ozzie and the band, then on to Knoxville, and then we left immediately after the show for Leesburg. We arrived in Leesburg somewhere around 8:00 or 8:30. Andy pulled in to his house, and we got out and stretched, and then we went on to Jerry Calhouns place, and then we made coffee. Andy asked Donny and Road Manager if they would like to go for a flight, they said yes then they went up for a few minutes and then Andy landed. And then he asked Randy and Rachel if they wanted to go, they both said yes. I was in the bus, and then I heard the noise of the glass breaking on the bus, and then the explosion when he crashed."

Sharon Arden
"I left Knoxville the night of March 18th on route to Orlando. I went to bed around 11:30 p.m. the night of the 18th. The next thing I knew, I woke with a huge bang and the bus was rocking. My bed was at the back of the bus, I ran to the front of the bus to look out of the windows, I had no idea where I was or what had happened. There was glass everywhere in the bus everything was upside down. The bus drivers ex-wife said: "don't look, don't come out". I left the bus and saw flames coming from a house, and a big hole in our bus. I ran screaming trying to find out what had happened but no one would say, then I found out. I asked for a phone, I was told by a man who I did not know, that there was no phone and to keep my mouth shut and I did not see anything. I told him to go to hell and then I found a phone. I did not see the crash all I saw was fire."