Randy Rhoads Guitar Collection

the Randy Rhoads archive created by Randy Perry

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

equinox

Re: Randy Rhoads Guitar Collection

Post by equinox »

Read thru Chapter 10! Only 4 more to go. Will finish it before the weekend!! :)

Yeah, here is a link that suggested only 2,500 copies were produced! - https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1789099206
equinox

Post by equinox »

Finished the book in it's entirety the other day. Loved it and the photos and comments. The injected fluff was meh. Peter or whoever is definitely not righter and just looking for filler material.

They put soo much in, I'm surprised the one thing that was not was the accident and autopsy report! They did put in a lot of stuff about the accident and eyewitness accounts and from neighbors, but would have been even more thorough if they did and one could understand some things, like...Kathy commented Randy's one ring, I believe the "RR" was recovered, but not the other one. If you look at the photos, the RR-ring was on the left hand. If one read the reports, his right picking hand was severed! Soo understandable about why the ring on the right finger may have been lost!

Don't want to give everything away to people that have not read it, but one thing, recently I had a relic'ed Rhoads VOS guitar made. I made it even more authentic than Gibson's as the color is more accurate, etc. One thing I wanted to understand was Randy's tuners. When Gibson came out with the Rhoads Les Paul, it has Schaller stamper "Gibson" D tuners on it. When I put this guitar together, I bought a set of gold 3+3 Schaller 12:1. The back has a Schaller "S" on it and Made in Germany. In the book, as I said, there is very detailed information and on his equipment. I could not find a photo of the pack of his headstock and had not only the set of "S" tuners, but "Gibson" tuners. I put the "S" tuners on and didn't know if I was going to swap out to be more authentic. Once I seen the book photo, I put the correct set on and Randy's had the stamped "S" tuners in, so I did not have to change and different from the Gibson produced guitar! :) One additional comment about Randy's thou I got a laugh out of when I examined the photos....Randy's would have been from the early 80's or earlier. German was divided until the wall came down in 1989. Randy's, fyi, are Stamped "Made in W. German" for WEST Germany!! lol Forgot about that until I seen the photos. Very cool! :)
equinox

Post by equinox »

I noted in the STEVEN ROSEN/ANDREW KLEIN/PETER MARGOLIS book that since the photos are such hi resolution, you can read the main amp serial number on the front! After reading thru it completely, I went back to see if there was a photo of the back of the 74 Les Paul headstock to understand what serial number it was, however thou there is photos of it and the tuners clearly identified, it/they don't show the top where the serial number is! Anyone know what serial number Randy's is?? Curious.