Joe Holmes?

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Jake66

Joe Holmes?

Post by Jake66 »

Anyone know why Joe Holmes left Ozzy's band? He didn't seem to have much onstage charisma the few times i seen him,but i prefered him to Zakk although he couldn't lace Jake E.Lee's boots, i never saw Randy so can't comment on him. :evil:
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Saw Randy, Brad, Jake, Zakk and Joe. All great guitarists with there own style. Obviosly Randy stands out as probably the most gifted guitarist of the lot, but when I saw him in October 1980 to me he was just Ozzy's new guitarist, I did'nt really pay that much attention to him, which I regret now, I was just a 15yr old Ozzy Osbourne fanatic. I saw Joe twice with Ozzy and I thought he was great, I just wish he'd got to record something with Ozzy, as much as I like Zakk, I think Joe should have recorded Down to Earth, I think he got shit on
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Only Joe Knows

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

It has been said that Joe did not have good songwriting capabilities. I read a post on an Ozzy site that the audience preferred Zakk over Joe because he was more charismatic. Joe is still a great player no matter what...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
snowden7772

Post by snowden7772 »

come on fozzy,acording to bob and lee ozzy never shit on anyone .always straight up.lol
chelrob

Post by chelrob »

I saw Ozzy with Joe at Ozzfest a few years ago. Ozzy made fun of him between every song. He didn't seem to have a lot of respect for Joe.
12/31/1981, LA Sports Arena... I was there :)
JRid21

Post by JRid21 »

i prefer joe holmes ten times more than i do zakk wylde
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

JRid21 wrote:i prefer joe holmes ten times more than i do zakk wylde
Joe was very humble the times I saw him a little Randy was. :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Re: Joe Holmes?

Post by zmack mylde »

Jake66 wrote:Anyone know why Joe Holmes left Ozzy's band? He didn't seem to have much onstage charisma the few times i seen him,but i prefered him to Zakk although he couldn't lace Jake E.Lee's boots, i never saw Randy so can't comment on him. :evil:

i wish joe holmes would have at least recorded one cd with ozzy so we could have heard what he was really like.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

zmack mylde wrote:
Jake66 wrote:Anyone know why Joe Holmes left Ozzy's band? He didn't seem to have much onstage charisma the few times i seen him,but i prefered him to Zakk although he couldn't lace Jake E.Lee's boots, i never saw Randy so can't comment on him. :evil:

i wish joe holmes would have at least recorded one cd with ozzy so we could have heard what he was really like.
agreed. I would of like to have heard Joe
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

zmack mylde wrote:i wish joe holmes would have at least recorded one cd with ozzy so we could have heard what he was really like.
+1
paulhill

Post by paulhill »

Alex wrote:Apparantly Joe was no good in the studio.
Have you ever listened to Lizzy Borden visual lies disc?
www.myspace.com/curseofdisobedience
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I found this in the Ozzy Osbourne book 'The stories behind the songs'.It makes interesting reading..
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Interesting quote about Joe and his playing :)
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Joe was great, but live he just didn't force his personality onto you. Unlike people like EVH and Mr Wylde etc!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.