Joe Holmes?

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Is it just me but does Joe have Randy's smile in that photo?

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:Joe was great, but live he just didn't force his personality onto you. Unlike people like EVH and Mr Wylde etc!
Yeah but he is a M*THER TRUCKER according to the double O.Ian i think you have to look into this in a 'when you get old' and get on stage like Ozzy is now..he's not the young leap frogging Ozz anymore but people still love him.I went to see Pat Travers a few months ago and i must admit he looks great for his age and his playing is still shit hot.Gary Moore is another one that comes to mind he is an ugly mother and he tramps round the stage like he's just shot himself.But you cannot take his playing away from him.Stage appearence is important but we all slow down eventually.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Trigger wrote:Joe was great, but live he just didn't force his personality onto you. Unlike people like EVH and Mr Wylde etc!
Yeah but he is a M*THER TRUCKER according to the double O.Ian i think you have to look into this in a 'when you get old' and get on stage like Ozzy is now..he's not the young leap frogging Ozz anymore but people still love him.I went to see Pat Travers a few months ago and i must admit he looks great for his age and his playing is still shit hot.Gary Moore is another one that comes to mind he is an ugly mother and he tramps round the stage like he's just shot himself.But you cannot take his playing away from him.Stage appearence is important but we all slow down eventually.
Haha i used to froghop infront of my cousin when he was little and he used to applaude.. and scaringly, he handed me a toy bat. lol well it was halloween, but still lol.

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

siro_angel wrote:Is it just me but does Joe have Randy's smile in that photo?

Simon
Simon keep taking the medication :lol: You do come out with the strangest quotes sometimes
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
siro_angel wrote:Is it just me but does Joe have Randy's smile in that photo?

Simon
Simon keep taking the medication :lol: You do come out with the strangest quotes sometimes
lmao thanks, i dont take medication, im just as the psychologists describe as idiosyncratic :P

Simon
rackdoctor

Re: Only Joe Knows

Post by rackdoctor »

RR-ElectricAngel wrote:It has been said that Joe did not have good songwriting capabilities. I read a post on an Ozzy site that the audience preferred Zakk over Joe because he was more charismatic. Joe is still a great player no matter what...
Joe, is a friend of mine and I can tell you that his writing is amazing. The new band that he has formed is some of the most intense guitar playing and songs I have heard in years. It will be out soon.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

rackdoctor wrote:
RR-ElectricAngel wrote:It has been said that Joe did not have good songwriting capabilities. I read a post on an Ozzy site that the audience preferred Zakk over Joe because he was more charismatic. Joe is still a great player no matter what...
Joe, is a friend of mine and I can tell you that his writing is amazing. The new band that he has formed is some of the most intense guitar playing and songs I have heard in years. It will be out soon.
I think that Joe sounded better than Zakk, I enjoyed his style more than Zakks, I don't have a huge problem with Zakk though! :D I do think it would be nice to hear some new blood in the Ozzy band though.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
lithead

Re: Joe Holmes?

Post by lithead »

For all you Joe Holmes fans,

The first song from FARMIKOS, the new band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE/DAVID LEE ROTH guitarist Joe Holmes, can be streamed at Farmikos.com. Holmes is joined in the new group by former LAIDLAW singer Robert "Robbie" Locke .

Says Holmes: "It's been a long time coming. I'm really proud of this music and am excited about getting it out. So far everything has been done without a label or management and we're in the process of figuring the best way to put this music out.

"I've been working with a great vocalist Robbie Locke and fortunate to have had Robert Trujillo and Brooks Wackerman guest on this set of songs along with songwriting contributions from Brent Hoffort."

http://www.farmikos.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FARMIKOS ... 41?fref=ts