Bernie live

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

FlyingHigh

Bernie live

Post by FlyingHigh »

What do you think of Bernies playing when he was with Ozzy and the boys?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

i think he stepped in at a hard time and he did it with respect.

i can't comment too much on his playing
because the bootleg I have is to bad quality to hear
the guitar nuances.
RhoadsOliva

Post by RhoadsOliva »

Stiltzkin wrote:i think he stepped in at a hard time and he did it with respect.

i can't comment too much on his playing
because the bootleg I have is to bad quality to hear
the guitar nuances.

I have 3 bootlegs with him and 1 of them is a pretty clean sound. Ill pass that along to you get in touch eh?
R.I.P Criss Oliva And Randy Rhoads.
Slay3r

Post by Slay3r »

Can i see a video of him playing too?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I like his take on things and I thought he did a great job, considering the circumstances.
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

I've just heard 3 songs from Bernie's time with Ozzy and he certainly held his own from what i can hear. Most guitarists of the day turned Ozzy down for the gig, but Bernie said yes, but he also has a different take on not being able to handle the pressure than what was publicly said. Ozzy was no doubt drunk and probably can't even remember his name by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I remember going to see Bernie Torme at the Reading Festival 1982 he went down a storm i remember him doing his guitar solo and he done the beginning of Crazy Train and the Star spangled banner.which kept the crowd well amused.The set was played on the Strat that Ozzy gave him for filling in for Randy 1961-64L Metallic blue finish.He finished the set with Robert John Godfrey from The Enid and they done a mad version of Wild Thing.I met him in 1983 when he played with Phil Lewis out of Girl i managed to get his pick/plectrum and he signed my autograph book after the gig. He has a really bad stutter/stammer.You've said the words by the time they've come out.How does he manage to sing :roll: !!! i have a good interview i'll hunt it out and post it up with his pick and signature OK..
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Slay3r wrote:Can i see a video of him playing too?
Sadley no! I have seen a few pictures and heard all the available boot shows but it is very sad to hear Bernie doing what Randy was doing better 2 weeks before. :(
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
skullband13

Post by skullband13 »

I got to see Bernie play with Ozzy.He did a great job.Alot of people thought he was Randy as he looked like him from a distance.I have all the shows with Bernie.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

didn't he play through Randys gear aswell ?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Stiltzkin wrote:didn't he play through Randys gear aswell ?
I read in a Guitar mag that he (Bernie) was really upset about the whole idea of replacing Randy and he just thought it was wrong to carry on doing the tour as everthing was OK.The guitar roadie didn't want him to be there and he was just crying all the time.Bernie's pedals hadn't arrived at the first gig.So he had to use Randys pedal board until his turned up.The spooky thing was that Randys pedals would turn on and off at times when he was nowhere near them.They had lights on them and he could see them.Bernie thought "Fuckin' Hell he's trying to help".
How wild is this story!!.I'm glad Bernie had the sense to go when he did, he was just in it for the money but the whole idea was just wrong for him to carry on.As far as the rest of Randy's equipment i think he used his Amp heads and 4 X 12's but he used his own guitars two white Fender Strats 1962,1964 and Ozzy bought him one when he was in the States it was a 1961/64L Metallic blue Fender Strat. But this was bought for him as a thank you for doing the gigs at such short notice.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I would love to know where Randys pedal board is now. It must be hidden away, locked in some museum or vault!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Something as collectible as Randys "Chip pan" a priceless item :x .I should imagine that its been put with his guitars for safe keeping.I've heard that some of his items come out at Memorial services and Tribute concerts etc.But i've never heard who has the ownership of his Guitars and other items including the pedal board..I would think it was with Delores or his Brothers.??
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Randy's mom has all that stuff. The white Jackson was recently put on display in California, but the rest of the stuff is in storage.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I think a big thank you to Skezza is well over due THANK YOU for all those long nights staying up for the cause .Cheers mate. :D
Yeah the photos are from the 1980 Reading Rock festival Bernie looks the typical AXE wielding nutter.I had the priviledge of meeting back in 1983/84 i forget but he was in Torme at the time and Phil Lewis was on vocals. He was in a band called Girl then he went to LA Guns..Anyhow i managed to get his autograph and Pick/plectrum which are in the picture and its a bass pick ??Used from the same gig.(Newcastle Riverside) Sorry about the watermarks but you've got to look after the copyright...