The Third Album Discussion for All.......

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: George Lynch Created The Tapping Part Of Flying High Aga

Post by Shockwave »

Wow that DLR comment triggered something i never thought of before...

Chances of Randy leaving Ozzy in 83 were pretty damn good, he probably would have gone to school maybe 2yrs at the most if he did even. That would have put him to be available again to play in a band around May/June 85..Very shortly after DLR left Van Halen. DLR would most definitely would have tried to contact Randy and I imagine they would have gotten along together pretty damn well.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Shockwave wrote:Wow that DLR comment triggered something i never thought of before...

Chances of Randy leaving Ozzy in 83 were pretty damn good, he probably would have gone to school maybe 2yrs at the most if he did even. That would have put him to be available again to play in a band around May/June 85..Very shortly after DLR left Van Halen. DLR would most definitely would have tried to contact Randy and I imagine they would have gotten along together pretty damn well.

You sir get a cookie

Never thought of DLR
DLR has massive ego

But I would be very interested to here what the cd would have sounded like
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Nick Hughes wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Wow that DLR comment triggered something i never thought of before...

You sir get a cookie

Never thought of DLR
DLR has massive ego

But I would be very interested to here what the cd would have sounded like
What cd?? This has gone from Randy Rhoads waiting for a call from David Lee Roth to actually recording an album with him. Thats not even speculation thats silly. Move over Steve Vai.....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

mojopin70 wrote:Cd
record
Whatever
Ive confused you using the trick word "cd". Lets try again.....

This has gone from Randy Rhoads waiting for a call from David Lee Roth to actually recording an album with him. Thats not even speculation thats silly. Move over Steve Vai.....[/quote]

What I was and am trying to say is that a record from DLR and Randy would have been interesting to hear
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Nick what happens with us old timers is we still tend to say records,albums tapes etc.the cd along with the previous are going to be gone..lets see what they are gonna call cds in the near future lol.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Sky wrote:

You're mistaken, Ozzy was contractually obligated to do an album of Sabbath songs and that's what 'Speak of the Devil' was always intended to be.
I recall that it was going to be after Randy died. I remember that Ozzy was obligated to produce a live album. I find it hard to believe that had Randy lived that is what he would have wanted as he didn't even like the play the 3 songs they did play. As I recall when Randy died Ozzy just did that album that way just to fulfill the contract as it seemed an easy way to do it.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Re: The Third Album Discussion for All.......

Post by kamalayka »

It seems like Randy was expecting a third album.

http://randy-rhoads-online.com/site/art ... ndy-rhoads

Will you have a better grasp for the next [album]?

I don't want to go in so rushed. I want to be prepared for the studio.

A few years from now you'll say the first album was a good beginning, and the third album was my next major growth.

I agree with that. On the second album I was just wrapped up in the middle of everything to the point where I couldn't get a hold on it. I have to say that a lot of things lack feeling to me. It's just sort of like play anything you can think of. I like what I played on "Diary" and "Over the Mountain." I like the song called "Rock and Roll." Other than that, it just all seems a bit ordinary to me, like anybody else.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

kamalayka wrote:It seems like Randy was expecting a third album.

http://randy-rhoads-online.com/site/art ... ndy-rhoads

Will you have a better grasp for the next [album]?

I don't want to go in so rushed. I want to be prepared for the studio.

A few years from now you'll say the first album was a good beginning, and the third album was my next major growth.

I agree with that. On the second album I was just wrapped up in the middle of everything to the point where I couldn't get a hold on it. I have to say that a lot of things lack feeling to me. It's just sort of like play anything you can think of. I like what I played on "Diary" and "Over the Mountain." I like the song called "Rock and Roll." Other than that, it just all seems a bit ordinary to me, like anybody else.
Yes so lets forget about Randy hooking up with Bob later on a separate project, or joining Dave Lee Roth (pure speculation).

Lets talk about what we do know the third album . Probably wouldve been recorded around the end of 1982 back at Ridge Farm Studios?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

oth wrote:dlr is the last guy randy would want to hook up with...roth is an extreme tool,a.d.d. etc...randy more of a dark,introspective cat...dlr, a circus act.
Very true. Rhoads was a heavy metal guitarist can you image him with tight spandex on doing the Steve Vai thing? Its just a joke...its gone way past just " Pure Speculation" by Wolfe.

Can you honestly image Rhoads after recording a third album as a heavy metal guitarist with Osbourne in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmCU_QtSzWI
Last edited by mojopin70 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Back to discussion on the third album then.....
What is there to discuss?
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

shred1 wrote:
Back to discussion on the third album then.....
What is there to discuss?

Perhaps you would like to discuss this interesting subject i.e Whether or not Randy Rhoads wouldve quit after recording the live album " Speak/talk of the Devil"

shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Pure speculation.
Who knows.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:I find it hilarious that $hazzy spent so much time and effort in securing Aldridge, then wound up letting him go when he didn't turn out to be the wunderkind on drums they were certain he was. :lol:

~T.
That band is a revolving door. How many bassists and drummers have they gone through? Incidentally, didn't Tommy leave during the Bark at the Moon tour, not during the recording of anything in the studio? Carmine Appice took his place, didn't he?
Yes thats right and dont forget Randy was already thinking about Dave Lee Roth and wearing spandex pants in the future according to you :D

Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Yes Tommy was asked to leave after the recording of BATM, Carmine mimed to his playing in the promotional videos, and Tommy came back when Carmine was shown the door after 4 months with the band.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

i think rr had enough drama with ozzy...dlr is probably,like the biggest diva besides ingwe malmsteen or madonna...getting beyond that, any perception of a manipulative ploy to irk evh would be just another cold shower...lets face it,both dlr and evh went to shit after the split.Both ar e remembered for stuff from the glory years.Neither is remembered for why cant this be love or yankee rose...ive never seen or looked for what shehan and vai said about after they left-good,bad?
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120