Randy Rhoads's Religion

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rocky_rhoads

Randy Rhoads's Religion

Post by rocky_rhoads »

Does anybody know what religion he was? I read somewhere (i think it was on a forum) that he was Christian, but IDK so if any of u could answer that would cool!
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Yeah, I think he had strong Christian beliefs. He's always wearing a crucifix which is a hint too.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

He was raised Lutheran.
waynezo

Post by waynezo »

There's a class photo of him out there from his childhood when he attended a Lutheran School; I guess the answer is Lutheran[/img]
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah its in the Guitar World special collectors edition from June 1987 Randy's on the cover with his Black Les Paul.The school class photo is from 1966 Randy would of been 10 on the photo,it reads "First Lutheran Church school Mrs Wampler Grades 3 & 4.Its a really good magazine if you get the chance to buy it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

He was raised Lutheran which is a denomination of Protestant Christianity.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:wink: Maybe bit odds with Ozzy-thing, but Randy was into music and I think Ozzy was mostly too, but he was clever to make gimmicks! Publicity pays off!
Mikel
rocky_rhoads

Post by rocky_rhoads »

Thanx. I read somewhere the he was Lutheran but I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say. Oh and Ell, Ozzy always wheres a crucifix but that don't mean that he is a Christian...not tryin to bash u or nothin
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

But if Randy was Buddhist or anything he wouldn't wear one, I guess it can be assumed that if he were religious he would be Christian since he wears that.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Yngwie wears a cross but isn't religious, he said that he thinks Jesus was "a cool guy" I believe.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

religion

Post by frank »

randy was lutheran. he had very strong spiritual beliefs and he lived it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rocky_rhoads wrote:Thanx. I read somewhere the he was Lutheran but I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say. Oh and Ell, Ozzy always wheres a crucifix but that don't mean that he is a Christian...not tryin to bash u or nothin
And do you know that Ozzy is not a Christian?
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

i don't know ozzy, rocky. i met him. i knew randy well. i can only speak for what i know.
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

rocky_rhoads wrote:Thanx. I read somewhere the he was Lutheran but I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say. Oh and Ell, Ozzy always wheres a crucifix but that don't mean that he is a Christian...not tryin to bash u or nothin
Ozzy wore a cricifix because him and Sabbathw ere cursed when they were younger. I guess it had sort of become a fashion statement by then.
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6482/randysig2text2ho.png[/img]
Wind is high, so am I, as the shore sinks in the distance
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Supernaut wrote:
Ozzy wore a cricifix because him and Sabbathw ere cursed when they were younger. I guess it had sort of become a fashion statement by then.
True, I forgot about that.