New kelly Garni interview

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

alborg
Cool Member

New kelly Garni interview

Post by alborg »

Part one of an interesting interview regarding his new book.

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/ ... -part-one/
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: New kelly Garni interview

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Thanks for the link.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

If the Velocity book makes it out, it will be interesting to see how the info in both books correlates- or not. There's an undercurrent of tension between this article and the link about the coffee table book- and a little open hostility, too.

Wonder when Bob's book will hit the shelves and what it may add to Randy's legacy?
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

RRFan4Ever wrote:If the Velocity book makes it out, it will be interesting to see how the info in both books correlates- or not. There's an undercurrent of tension between this article and the link about the coffee table book- and a little open hostility, too.

Wonder when Bob's book will hit the shelves and what it may add to Randy's legacy?
All this tension & us fans having to sit back & watch the drama. Nothing new then...
rhoadie.1

Post by rhoadie.1 »

Actually Everyone that writes a book about Randy has their own memories to share. There is never going to be any way to have ALL be The same. We all have our own story to tell & if it doesn't "Match" someone elses that certainly doesn't make it Untrue or a lie. Every other book out there is, at the earliest , the End of QR into the Ozzy years...Kelly's Book starts at the making of their own friendship in 1970, the 7th grade...Before Randy even knew how to play Lead.
I think you will enjoy it. No in fact I know you will....
Tami Forward
rhoadie.1

Post by rhoadie.1 »

Besides, the Velocity Book, is not written by someone who Knew Randy. Margolis was a Student. Kline Never met him. It is a true biography. Researched. Kelly's on the other hand is from all of His own experience's With Randy.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

I know Kelly is a great guy & all but 200+ pages seems a little too short to tell the story & show pictures too? Plus, it will be his story after Randy as well so that will take up pages as well? Is this the same book that started out as You can't kill rock & roll by Kelly Garni & Michael Lynn? That one was supposed to be all on Randy? There has been so much info over the years that I'm confused...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I would like to read Kelly's book and learn about Kelly, not just what he has to say about Randy. The same with Bob's book, I'd like to know more about Bob.

Why is it that RR fans obsess so much and forget that people who knew him had their own lives, too? It'd be interesting to read a book about Kelle Rhoads, in my opinion. I'd be interested to know what it was like to grow up in that family, how he dealt with seeing his brother leave and what he's been up to in his life.

Thanks for your comments rhoadie.1...
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Can't wait to read them both!
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

It'd be interesting to read a book about Kelle Rhoads, in my opinion.
....Seriously? Why?
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

shred1 wrote:
....Seriously? Why?
You know why people hack on Kelle is beyond me. When I was planning a trip to La I called and spoke to kelle about when would be a good time and asked about his music and what HE was doing . Imagine that -instead of WANTING something from him I showed interest in his accomplishments and music and we spent a hour and a half on the phone shooting the shit. When I visited Musonia with my family I asked questions about what it was like growing up in the 50's and musonia how the neighborhood changed and he told me stuff that I felt was genuinely from the heart and we had a blast. If the fans only were more interested in others maybe we would get more RR!
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Almost everyone who is famous has a sibling, That doesn't mean they deserve a book about them.
Not talking about Kelle specifically here.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

shred1 wrote:
....Seriously? Why?
Because he's a human being and I'd like to know more about his life, both with and without the Randy connection. Frankly, I don't think anyone deserves a book to be written about them.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Frankly, I don't think anyone deserves a book to be written about them.
Not even the bible? :lol:
Itsme

Post by Itsme »

WHO?