Great new interview about the new Randy book

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

JAY
Cool Member

Re: Great new interview about the new Randy book

Post by JAY »

As for the Don Airey photos - he probably never got to see them would he not have handed over the film to the authorities the day of the crash -unless they were polaroid instant shot. Also I went on a rant a few years ago when the cop who was on the sceen had the accident file in his possession -Mike Smalt - he was working with the doc people and was providing them with the info and pics.Said it once and I'll say it again you would have to be a real piece of shit to steal that file only to cash in years later ,if it wasn't for money why would you take the file at all. There is no way I can see anyone being allowed to see the file other than the immediate family in the presence of police at the station with no copies or photos to be taken-police property. :!:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Remember if the doc had come out,would we of had to pay $100 for that ?. No, well the contents used in the book would of all been in the doc and it would of been a £20.00 dvd. Thats good food for thought. Or is the doc coming out later ? after he's cashed in on the book. Ehm!!! sounds like an O$bourne stunt to me...
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:"It has taking years to put together and each page has been designed to rip you off big time".
Yeah bull shit wins prizes and i ain't no cocounut. Lay it on nice and thick and we'll sucker everyone into buying this book. Remember PM has spent his fortune on this failed project docu he has to win back a few crinkle backs and $100 a pop will do nicely. If he'd been a better business man instead of a hustler we may of had a half decent documentary instead of a book. Dave did he not hustle you for your photos he's hustled everyone else...

They tried to.

None of them better appear in anything those clowns do, either.

I didn't "sign off" on jack-shit.
I didn't realize they had tried to take you on this, man. Sorry. I also hope they don't use your stuff - that's shitty.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

JAY wrote:As for the Don Airey photos - he probably never got to see them would he not have handed over the film to the authorities the day of the crash -unless they were polaroid instant shot. Also I went on a rant a few years ago when the cop who was on the sceen had the accident file in his possession -Mike Smalt - he was working with the doc people and was providing them with the info and pics.Said it once and I'll say it again you would have to be a real piece of shit to steal that file only to cash in years later ,if it wasn't for money why would you take the file at all. There is no way I can see anyone being allowed to see the file other than the immediate family in the presence of police at the station with no copies or photos to be taken-police property. :!:
Excellent points, Jay. The amount of people seeing these would be small. Which makes me suspect as to if they had ANY access to these, if they still even exist, which is questionable. The only way "access" they would have might have been to talk to the guy you mention, who had seen them. It's very unclear.

Another thing to think about is that the pictures in question may be blurry and unclear. They may not have had any bearing on the investigation whatsoever. We don't know.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

JAY wrote:As for the Don Airey photos - he probably never got to see them would he not have handed over the film to the authorities the day of the crash -unless they were polaroid instant shot. Also I went on a rant a few years ago when the cop who was on the sceen had the accident file in his possession -Mike Smalt - he was working with the doc people and was providing them with the info and pics.Said it once and I'll say it again you would have to be a real piece of shit to steal that file only to cash in years later ,if it wasn't for money why would you take the file at all. There is no way I can see anyone being allowed to see the file other than the immediate family in the presence of police at the station with no copies or photos to be taken-police property. :!:
*italics added*

I agree 100% with you here; the crime scene photos should have been handled with the utmost professionalism- but it's virtually impossible to protect the info when it's taken by a cop with unlimited access to it. I wonder what ever became of this incident? How can he just take the files/photos with no oversight?
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

Unless I'm misunderstanding something about the photos, Don's photos are his property. The police had the right to develop the film and make copies, but the original photos and negatives would have to be given back to Don. The federal government does not own the Kennedy assassination film. The Zepruder family owns the rights or did unless they have sold them. It was his property to sell or distribute as he wished. Which he or the family did after the investigation. Don could have actually refused handing the film over. The investigation could have then got a judge to supeona the film or photos of the accident for use as evidence.

I am more than a little sceptical about what these pictures would show in flight because with a hand held camara tight in focus shots would be hard to get of a fast flying plane. Shutter speed, lighting, focus and a very steady hold would be needed to be able to see anything going on inside the plane.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I don't think they would of taking the photos / film just for the flight/plane photos. They would of been looking for anyone goofing around hanging out the window waving or any potential antics that may have contributed to the accident. "Photos of all the band partying snorting coke etc.." How did they get in there oops!!". Plus Don would of mentioned he went up before Randy and Rachel. So he may of had photos of the cockpit and the pilot etc. They may of shown any stunt flying antics which was a big contribution to the accident. As they say the camera never lies. But it would be interesting to see the photos as they would of been the last ones taking of Randy.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

My last post was about the accident photos taken by the cop at the scene. IMO as state/fed evidence those photos are intimate and should be kept confidential. I agree with the FOIA, but there should be a degree of privacy when events/crimes have left family and friends victimized and struggling to carry on; those in that circumstance shouldn't have to worry about evidence/info relating to their loved one's demise.

I don't think that Don's photos could be as gruesome or personal as anything that demonstrates the carnage from the wreck. As was discussed above, I don't see how anything could be "sealed" that Don took- if they couldn't "seal" what M Smalt took from evidence.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

..... just thought of this as I hit "submit"- it's kind of ironic that both Don and Randy were taking photos up in the plane- wonder if that could have contributed to any "stunt" antics that AA performed?
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Do you think don actually handed over rolls of film he just shot to some hillbilly cops?No,hes not that dumb,he probably developed it and then gave them copies.Thats it.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I don't think they would of taking the photos / film just for the flight/plane photos. They would of been looking for anyone goofing around hanging out the window waving or any potential antics that may have contributed to the accident. "Photos of all the band partying snorting coke etc.." How did they get in there oops!!". Plus Don would of mentioned he went up before Randy and Rachel. So he may of had photos of the cockpit and the pilot etc. They may of shown any stunt flying antics which was a big contribution to the accident. As they say the camera never lies. But it would be interesting to see the photos as they would of been the last ones taking of Randy.

Shouldn't that be would have? :lol: :lol:
meadsie

Post by meadsie »

It amazes me how virtually every topic ends up disicussing that flight, those photos, did he, didnt he etc..

The fact is that Randy (RIP) died in a place crash - does it really matter if it was an accident or otherwise?
The fact remains that it took from the music world an incredibly talented musican way too soon.

So what if the photos exist? reading through many interviews with Don over the years he has always stated that those photos will never be shown to the public - The article which this topic is about contains PR hype to get people to buy the book - nothing else. Who would you believe - Don a very highly respected musician or some PR person trying to flog a book? It won't contain any photos of the crash nor of the flight itself and who really wants to see them anyway? If you wish to see Randy's last breath - read the official autopsy report, that is as graphic as you will ever get. It is an awful read and brought me to tears, I for one don't ever wish to see any photos of the crash or how it happened.

I think the price is a bit on the high side, however i do think that it will be good book and a momento to keep.
At the beginning when the documentary was on the cards - I like everyone was over the moon that we would see footage, photos, see and hear things that we would never have done so before - but....

After reading al of the interviews with everyone who "was" involved in the documentary I couldn't care less if it comes out or not. The excitement has gone, the thrill has gone - why ? Becuase of of the underhanded bulls*it that has preceeded it. Peter M has no respect from me anymore. None.

We will ever get to see new footage of great qualitly - nope. The osbournes have given us evertything they have. Sure the "Brothers" footage exists but again we will never see that.

Lets just be happy with what we have got - because to be honest we do have a fair amount of stuff being that it was from the late 70's and early 80's.

It really saddens me as Randy Rhoads - the guitarist who made this 40 year old man pick up a guitar for the first time at the age of 15 and want to emulate him, has been turned into a "Quick Buck Icon" for far too many people. People who dont really care about Randy - just the money they can make from him.

$haron Osbourne - who I can't tolerate handed us a life line and provided us with footage, for which I now respect and thank her,
Bob Daisley - is providing us with a book that covers his time with Randy - a read that should be great.

let's just go back to remembering Randy for who and what he was.

A Bloody fantastic Guitarist who for a brief number of years influenced an incredibly large amount of musicans.

For that - I salute you Randy
and stick two fingers up to every one else.

nuff said.

Richard
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I don't think they would of taking the photos / film just for the flight/plane photos. They would of been looking for anyone goofing around hanging out the window waving or any potential antics that may have contributed to the accident. "Photos of all the band partying snorting coke etc.." How did they get in there oops!!". Plus Don would of mentioned he went up before Randy and Rachel. So he may of had photos of the cockpit and the pilot etc. They may of shown any stunt flying antics which was a big contribution to the accident. As they say the camera never lies. But it would be interesting to see the photos as they would of been the last ones taking of Randy.
Are you from Alabama or the South by any chance?

Its : Would have or Would've

Thanks y'all,gracias.
Last edited by oth on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!should be GRASSYASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!and YALL IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

HA!! HA!!!! WOULD OF, COULD OF SHOULD OF, MAY OF, FUCK OF....big fucking deal...hillybilly muthafuka no i'm from Gods country Newcastle England