Sharon

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Sharon

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So,we're always saying that without Randy, Ozzy wouldn't have become the legend he is, right? Well, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sharon go to her father and ask to pursue Ozzy for a solo career AND convince Ozzy to give it a go? So shouldn't Sharon be thanked for giving us the band that introduced Randy Rhoads to the world?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Sharon

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul i'd give more credit to people like Kevin DuBrow, Dana Strum, Delores etc. As Randy had to be pushed to go to the audition. I wouldn't give Sharon the praise for getting Ozzy back on tour etc. It was money in the eyes of Don and Sharon nothing else. She is still flogging him like a dead horse for her next shopping spree now. If Ozzy's career hadn't of taking off do you honestly think she would of married him ?.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Wasn't her brother managing Blizzard during their 1st record, and Sharon stepped in?

I think there is a long story here that began during the days of Black Sabbath and it's one they'll never fully acknowledge. And that was well before the stuff Idol mentioned, that Randy wasn't exactly excited about Ozzy.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Paul i'd give more credit to people like Kevin DuBrow, Dana Strum, Delores etc. As Randy had to be pushed to go to the audition. I wouldn't give Sharon the praise for getting Ozzy back on tour etc. It was money in the eyes of Don and Sharon nothing else. She is still flogging him like a dead horse for her next shopping spree now. If Ozzy's career hadn't of taking off do you honestly think she would of married him ?.
My point is, she took the shot on Ozzy (hoping to gain millions), but had she not taken that shot (or if Don figured he was a drunk with no potential), we may never have heard of Randy.

I know everyone here hates her, I was just looking at the other side of the coin.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Hate is a strong word dislike is more accurate we will all see what happens in the next life Wow this reply is way off topic lol
electricmombie

Post by electricmombie »

Sharon may be ruthless in business on occasion, but she does deserve credit for helping Ozzy pick himself back up and get back to music. She was one of the earliest people involved to inspire Ozzy to have a go at going solo, gaining the confidence for it. She deserves her fair share of credit. A matter of being objective, really.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

electricmombie wrote:Sharon may be ruthless in business on occasion, but she does deserve credit for helping Ozzy pick himself back up and get back to music. She was one of the earliest people involved to inspire Ozzy to have a go at going solo, gaining the confidence for it. She deserves her fair share of credit. A matter of being objective, really.
+1. Sharon gets shat on all the time, but she did help Ozzy when no one else gave a rat's ass about him. Sure, she saw money to be made, but she also helped the guy. I've never understood the unmitigated hate for the woman. If she hadn't helped him get back on track, perhaps we'd have never have had the opportunity to hear Randy's groundbreaking work on those first two albums. All things considered, she was instrumental in many things falling into place.

Give the woman her due - she may not always be everyone's favorite person, but she runs a pretty slick operation.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

IMO- both of their credibility is shot- many parts of their story has changed over the years and that which they didn't change, doesn't make sense. They'd like everyone to believe that it was Sharon and Sharon alone that stepped in and whipped him into shape- but BS and Ozzy both had history with Don Arden, and even her brother was Ozzy's manager before she started managing Ozzy.

Who knows what really happened, I don't hate Sharon and I don't admire her business practices either- she struck me as being a conceited rich bitch in Ozzy's 1st doco (lol forgot its name) when she spoke of an area that "didn't have a lot of money anyway really" or something to that effect, something in her demeanor irked the shit out of me, but I was still a loyal Ozzy fan- until the reality series. Ugh.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

You can give Sharon Credit for Diary too. She said the guys were sitting around waiting for Blizzard to be released in the US, so she told them to go back in the studio. She played the solo on OTM too. That's my point. How far does she deserve credit? If she managed Jefferson starship when they came out with "We built this city" how much was she to blame. :?:
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

hansolo wrote:You can give Sharon Credit for Diary too. She said the guys were sitting around waiting for Blizzard to be released in the US, so she told them to go back in the studio. She played the solo on OTM too. That's my point. How far does she deserve credit? If she managed Jefferson starship when they came out with "We built this city" how much was she to blame. :?:
I hate that song and it will now ring in my head endlessly- as will the image of Sharon strapping Randy's LP around her muffintop, and her paisley printed frock glowing in striking contrast- and rocking the F out! lol
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

:lol: :lol: I always hated that song too.
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Hitler should really get credit for inventing things like the Auobahn (the modern highway system), magnetic recording tape (which launched a giant industry), and developing the affordable People's Car (Volkswagen), and many more things.

No I'm not praising hitler, nor am I comparing Sharon to him. But I AM making the point that Sharon can be credited for some good and some bad. Early on she was very influential in bringing Ozzy back. But the success went to her heard very quickly which caused her to be a total absolute bitch.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

SLAGER wrote:But I AM making the point that Sharon can be credited for some good and some bad. Early on she was very influential in bringing Ozzy back. But the success went to her heard very quickly which caused her to be a total absolute bitch.
well said :)
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Slager! NICE! I think we all got the point, I hope. I also heard that Adolf had a dog that loved him and you forgot - he made the trains run on time. But life ain't all about being efficient and their (the Nazi's) downfall was fear. That being said he might be the biggest douche mass murderer or mastermind of mass murder of all time. All because he contracted syphilis from a Jewish prostitute. His vision was blonde hair and blue eyes yet he had dark hair and brown eyes. He would and may have shot himself for "the cause" or that Germany was invaded (more likely) and was about to be captured live but still his "dream" excluded himself. Ain't that weird? Anyway, Sharon is Sharon, what are you gonna do?

P.S. - Good Jefferson Starship songs - Stranger, Jane, Find your way back. And good Kiss songs - Do you love me?, Ace - 2,000 man (Rolling Stones), Back in the New York groove, Strutter, Black Diamond, Firehouse, Beth (acoustic version - Kiss VS the Phantom of the park). I'm sorry if I offended people with WBTC. I am a repeat offender. I WILL offend again. :mrgreen:
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Paul Wolfe wrote:So,we're always saying that without Randy, Ozzy wouldn't have become the legend he is, right? Well, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sharon go to her father and ask to pursue Ozzy for a solo career AND convince Ozzy to give it a go? So shouldn't Sharon be thanked for giving us the band that introduced Randy Rhoads to the world?
I'm never sure whether to laugh or cry when I read the 'Sharon saved Ozzy's career' crap. Despite what Sharon may have led people to believe, it was Don Arden who invested time and money into Ozzy and it was Don who continued to keep Ozzy on a retainer after he was fired from Black Sabbath. Sharon did what her father instructed her to do. At that time she worked for Don in his LA office. Yes, of course, she did a little bit more than what was required with Ozzy in L.A., but Sharon was well known for that... Most musicians rejected her advances, Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio among them.
As for her 'influence', it helps to look at the timeline when working out what actually went on. In '79 after his fling with Sharon in L.A. and after 'auditioning' Randy, Ozzy returned to England where he continued to live with his very attractive wife Thelma and their 3 children until well into 1981, AFTER both BOO and DOAM had been recorded. Sharon remained in L.A. When she returned to England, the Blizzard of Ozz was on tour and David Arden was managing the band on Don's behalf. Sharon was nothing more than Ozzy's 'bit on the side', she had nothing whatsoever to do with the recording of BOO or DOAM. Sharon had a boyfriend who worked at Jet but she occasionally stayed at Ridge Farm to shag Ozzy and yes that was during the recording of DOAM. Thelma also occasionally stayed at Ridge Farm during this time, does that mean Thelma deserves credit for the album too? As most people know, Sharon's involvement with the Blizzard of Ozz began when she took over David Arden's role in managing the band but many seem to think this happened within weeks of Randy joining the band... That simply isn't true. Within weeks of Sharon's actual involvement, the band that created BOO and DOAM was broken up. We all have our own opinions as whether that was the beginning or the end of Ozzy.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley