Good read, short Rudy Sarzo interview...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Madman56
Cool Member

Good read, short Rudy Sarzo interview...

Post by Madman56 »

This is Rudy talking about the upcoming Speak of the Devil DVD release, but as usual with Rudy, he gives a touching tribute to Randy so I thought it belonged in this forum, enjoy.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/05/22/ru ... -osbourne/
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: Good read, short Rudy Sarzo interview...

Post by Jazznroll »

there is a video of ozzy and the chimp on getty images if anybody aint seen it yet, rather funny.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

I had that clip on VHS-tape; Ozzy was playing with the chimp, riding on an elephant and explaining something about his tattoos...if I remember correctly... :o
Mikel
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Rudy on Ozzy: "He was going solo at the time of this DVD. I don't think he ever meant to become a solo performer - he's very much about being in a band"

He was going solo at the time of this DVD? June 12, 1982? Does that mean the Blizzard of Ozz was a band prior to this time? Interesting...

And for all you "pro-shot footage" folks, this was scheduled for June 12. 1982 with the assumption Randy would be alive... so all of the, "Why wouldn't they film it?" can be laid to rest, they intended to, Randy just wasn't there.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Quote.."And remember, this was really the last tour that featured so much from Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman, which Ozzy wrote with Randy."

I'm just not saying a thing about that statement.........it's better that way.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Rudy's a gentleman for sure, and the perfect "yes man" whenever the O's need someone to co-sign their bullshit, in my most humble, honest opinion.

go figure that out of all the previous musicians (minus Zakk) that Rudy's the only one that will take the time for a photo op with and/or for them. I'd love to hear what Tommy has to say:)
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon