Bobs book??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Re: Bobs book??

Post by Geo Sav »

Can't wait to get my hands on that book!!!!
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

halo8th wrote: Won't be too much longer.
You sure about that? 8)
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Is it just me but WHY has it taken Bob 30 yrs to put a book out?? Im fed up with all this waiting on books,live shows on dvd etc I will probally be seeing Randy personally before anything else comes out :lol:
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Lespauly wrote:Is it just me but WHY has it taken Bob 30 yrs to put a book out?? Im fed up with all this waiting on books,live shows on dvd etc I will probally be seeing Randy personally before anything else comes out :lol:
I completely understand what you're saying, but it's probably because Bob wants his book to have a different angle than the others out there. That would be my guess. With the recent windfall of Randy books (which is a good thing), he probably wants to do a solid job, and perhaps take it in a different direction. I don't know, as I'm not Bob, and have no ties to him or the project, but this would make sense.

Not to mention Bob has played with some other music heavyweights. As much as I'm curious about what he has to say about the Ozzy/Randy era, there's other stuff Bob has done that I'm interested in hearing about.

I would think Bob must get a bit sick of discussing the Randy era at times, but he's a class act, and always fields the questions. He speaks of Randy with an obvious fondness, which is cool, but you have to think how you might feel if people asked you about the same thing 5,000 times. On the other hand, this was a career highlight for him, so he most likely understands the desire for people to get more info about Randy and this era. Sometimes Randy fans forget he has an impressive résumé that includes other acts also. Regardless of whether you like the guy or not, he's always been pretty cool about discussing his musical experiences, etc.

And for the record, as great as Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge are, and as much of a class act as both those guys are as well, that sound that came out of that original lineup of Blizzard Of Ozz was classic, and Oz was never able to duplicate it again. Sad that the whole thing came down to money, especially with such talented people involved.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Lespauly wrote:Is it just me but WHY has it taken Bob 30 yrs to put a book out?? Im fed up with all this waiting on books,live shows on dvd etc I will probally be seeing Randy personally before anything else comes out :lol:
So true!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Stiltzkin wrote:
halo8th wrote: Won't be too much longer.
You sure about that? 8)
Hahahaha! Nothing is for sure with this book! Or anything that includes Randy.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

That has got to be one of the dumbest things anyone has ever said on this site! Do you know what an autobiography is? You have to live a life in order to write about it!
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

[quote/]With the recent windfall of Randy books (which is a good thing), he probably wants to do a solid job, and perhaps take it in a different direction. I don't know, as I'm not Bob, and have no ties to him or the project, but this would make sense.

Not to mention Bob has played with some other music heavyweights. As much as I'm curious about what he has to say about the Ozzy/Randy era, there's other stuff Bob has done that I'm interested in hearing about.

I would think Bob must get a bit sick of discussing the Randy era at times, but he's a class act, and always fields the questions. He speaks of Randy with an obvious fondness, which is cool, but you have to think how you might feel if people asked you about the same thing 5,000 times. On the other hand, this was a career highlight for him, so he most likely understands the desire for people to get more info about Randy and this era. Sometimes Randy fans forget he has an impressive résumé that includes other acts also. Regardless of whether you like the guy or not, he's always been pretty cool about discussing his musical experiences, etc.

And for the record, as great as Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge are, and as much of a class act as both those guys are as well, that sound that came out of that original lineup of Blizzard Of Ozz was classic, and Oz was never able to duplicate it again. Sad that the whole thing came down to money, especially with such talented people involved.[/quote]

Agreed! 8)
Last edited by whoopiecat on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
I completely understand what you're saying, but it's probably because Bob wants his book to have a different angle than the others out there. That would be my guess. With the recent windfall of Randy books (which is a good thing), he probably wants to do a solid job, and perhaps take it in a different direction. I don't know, as I'm not Bob, and have no ties to him or the project, but this would make sense.

And for the record, as great as Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge are, and as much of a class act as both those guys are as well, that sound that came out of that original lineup of Blizzard Of Ozz was classic, and Oz was never able to duplicate it again. Sad that the whole thing came down to money, especially with such talented people involved.
Very well stated:) +1,000!
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I would think any time spent with Randy Rhoads is worth talking about!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

hansolo wrote:I would think any time spent with Randy Rhoads is worth talking about!
Totally agree!!!!!
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

hansolo wrote:I would think any time spent with Randy Rhoads is worth talking about!
Absolutely.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Just received this email:

Many thanks for registering your interest in buying a signed copy (at no
extra charge) of Bob Daisley's autobiography. We're very pleased to tell
you that you can now purchase your copy.

Bob has done everything that he can to ensure that we, the fans, get an
excellent quality book at an affordable price. It costs £18.99p + postage
& packing. Should you wish to buy more than one copy, please contact
webmaster@bobdaisley.com.

It measures 11" x 7.5" (280 x 190 mm) and is an inch thick, there are over
460 photographs, mostly colour, the majority of which were taken by Bob
and have remained in his personal archives until now.

This is a limited offer, Bob will be in the UK during the first week of
August to sign copies of his book, so if you'd like to buy your signed
copy please do so at:

http://www.bobdaisley.com/for-facts-sak ... now/signed

This offer will close on the 28th of July and orders received after that
date will not be eligible for a signed copy.

The Book will be dispatched during August.

There will be another link on the website and Facebook very soon but that
should NOT be used if you want to purchase a signed copy.

Thanks

Bob Daisley's Webmaster

8)
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I also took the liberty of sharing this info on the boards at rotharmy.com and black-sabbath.com
Last edited by whoopiecat on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

whoopiecat wrote:Just received this email:

Many thanks for registering your interest in buying a signed copy (at no
extra charge) of Bob Daisley's autobiography. We're very pleased to tell
you that you can now purchase your copy.

Bob has done everything that he can to ensure that we, the fans, get an
excellent quality book at an affordable price. It costs £18.99p + postage
& packing. Should you wish to buy more than one copy, please contact
webmaster@bobdaisley.com.

It measures 11" x 7.5" (280 x 190 mm) and is an inch thick, there are over
460 photographs, mostly colour, the majority of which were taken by Bob
and have remained in his personal archives until now.

This is a limited offer, Bob will be in the UK during the first week of
August to sign copies of his book, so if you'd like to buy your signed
copy please do so at:

http://www.bobdaisley.com/for-facts-sak ... now/signed

This offer will close on the 28th of July and orders received after that
date will not be eligible for a signed copy.

The Book will be dispatched during August.

There will be another link on the website and Facebook very soon but that
should NOT be used if you want to purchase a signed copy.

Thanks

Bob Daisley's Webmaster

8)

AWESOME!!! ABOUT FUCKIN TIME!!!