Randy Rhoads 1981 Guitar "Best New Talent" Award

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sepheratta
Cool Member

Randy Rhoads 1981 Guitar "Best New Talent" Award

Post by Sepheratta »

Okay, so I saw this video on YouTube taken from "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne", and he got the "Best New Talent" award. When he died, did Ozzy and Sharon take the award and keep it? Or perhaps did Rudy? Or is it gone forever?

Just curious.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads 1981 Guitar "Best New Talent" Award

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm sure i seen it on one of the clips from Kelle Rhoads when he did the tour of Musonia.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Seeing as how Randy was at home the week before he died, I would simply assume he took it home with him to show the family.
Ace5150

Post by Ace5150 »

I love watching 'most' of that clip, when Randy looks so humble and almost embarrassed, and Ozzy looking on like a proud dad before fat $haron has to ruin it by saying ' Ooooh, oooh, oooh kiss him, Ozzy'.......and Randy has his 'moment' taken away from him
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

FAT SHARON LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

:lol: :lol: fat sharon
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Lets be careful guys, there is still some stuff out there they 'forgot' about.....! :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

It wasn't the fat in Sharon we dislike. It's the evil in Sharon and what she has done to the entire BOO Band's legacy. We sound like kids and poor debaters when we call names. When I've done it, I immediately regret it. I do have a few beefs with the Osbourne's, the firing & treatment of Bob & Lee, Bass + drums parts, their (O's) version of things and omitted parts and mostly the handling of Randy's legacy.
What I would like to give Sharon credit for is getting that bloke from Sabbath to form a band (my favorite) and pushing them back into the studio for DOAM (after a short UK tour) while they waited for the BOO to get released the states. She didn't have anything to do with the music but just as she might be a clever, pushy, greedy or a scheming b!tch... This again, maybe partly the reason we have these albums. Often we have to take the good with the bad.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Randy hit that.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

You guys are killing me! :lol:
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

axeman_12656 wrote:Randy hit that.
Sharon claims, I feel so badly for Jodi and the Rhoads family when it comes to this, not to mention the sommersaults/backflips/etc he may be doing in his grave! Randy could have nailed any chic he wanted to, I cannot imagine the amount of booze it took, or what she may have laced it with, to do that fat cow. or maybe he was afraid of any repercussions if he didn't.

the poor man! poor, poor man!
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

It was England 1980 and thing looked bleak. Randy was a young dude, let's cut him some slack. Okay, it was about as tasteless can be... He, he....
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I can't begin to imagine what he went through and saw with them. Could you imagine if he kept a journal. The book he could have put out. Sharon would have stopped that.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Geo Sav wrote:I can't begin to imagine what he went through and saw with them. Could you imagine if he kept a journal. The book he could have put out. Sharon would have stopped that.
Well Randy wrote postcards to home on a regular basis. We've seen a couple of them posted up here. The one Frank posted up was a great piece of history and in a way it was very much like reading someone's diary. The postcard he sent to Kevin Dubrow explaining how the auditions for the band had struggled to find a drummer. The marshall amps he'd decided to buy because the cost to hire them was alot more. Shit like this is gold and a great peak into Randy's life. I bet Jodi's postcards would be like reading a book.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

hansolo wrote:It was England 1980 and thing looked bleak.
Its now England 2012 and things still look bleak!! - miserable grey skies and rain :mrgreen:

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt