Something Tells Me

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Something Tells Me

Post by axeman_12656 »

Somthing tells me the new Priest guitarist might be a Randy Freak like us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WXjfCtXxZo
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Stiltzkin

Re: Something Tells Me

Post by Stiltzkin »

why? because he plays an old Les Paul? :lol:
micke1964

Post by micke1964 »

Your right! I follow Richie on Twitter and he posted a pic recently of Himself and Doug Aldrich both with les pauls entitled "Two Randy Rhoads Freaks together". He also said that he was going to play "Diary" today!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah i have to agree i could see he looked like Randy and his sound was very much like his. I mentioned this in a thread back in July....

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6183
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Stiltzkin wrote:why? because he plays an old Les Paul? :lol:
no... check out his outfit
Live Life Stronger Than Death
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

Pretty low energy Priest performance if you ask me (I know you didn't but whatever)....
slobberface

Post by slobberface »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4vNMNNdZyw Here's him playing Mr. Crowley solos..a little too Zakk Wylde sounding for my taste (young Zakk anyways) but still nailed it...I'll be seeing Priest next sunday and i'm not sure how much i'll enjoy it without KK, this guy still does a good job though IMO
Rhoadsette

Post by Rhoadsette »

God, I wish I could see Priest this year :/
I can't go cuz I'm not 21 or some shit...
I would LOVE to see this guy play live.
I took one look at him, and literally thought 'Holy crap, this guy wishes he was Randy.'
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

slobberface wrote: I'll be seeing Priest next sunday and i'm not sure how much i'll enjoy it without KK, this guy still does a good job though IMO
Slobber i've been listening to Priest since 1978 and i've seen them in concert nearly every tour they've came to the UK. I was some what pissed that KK had decided to hang up his guitar. But i was not dissapointed with this new guy. I'm sure you'll be converted into being a fan of Richie Faulkner. The guy did a superb job and i'm sure KK will be pleased to see this guy doing an admiral job.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

zennman wrote:Pretty low energy Priest performance if you ask me (I know you didn't but whatever)....
This is anything but low energy check it out..... Push the time forward to 3:30 to skip the sabbath warm up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibkg-WD ... re=related
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

he looked like RR to me!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

zennman wrote:Pretty low energy Priest performance if you ask me (I know you didn't but whatever)....
I was thinking the same thing, kind of disappointing, I've never seen priest perform, but if I turned up and the gig was like that... even the lighting is terrible. I like priest but that has ruined my image of them a bit. Still not to say the rest of the gig was amazing, who knows...

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

he does have a Randy-Fan look about him, but that clip had almost no guitar playing at all in it. Kinda boring actually. I'm seeing them on November 20th and hope they are better than that! I was a big KKDowning fan so this is an immesnse let down not having KK there this tour.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Im Seeing Priest at the Izod in NJ November 18th... I'm seeing the Foo Fighters November 14th.... Good month next month.... Anyway, it is good to know figures like that are fans of Randy. Makes me happy.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Judas Priest opened up here in San Antonio on October 12th. Sooooo Glad I went. Excellent show!! Two of my guitar students (12 and 17 yrs. old) went and knew every song. I love the fact that the "Randy" image reverberates in metal somewhere. That is staying power!! Ritchie played those tunes quite faithfully. Remember, Ritchie is there to allow Judas Priest the security of touring world-wide. I don't know who else would of fit as well IMO.
Attachments
Richie Faulkner .jpg
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...