Will the audio work for my computer

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

watersfootball

Will the audio work for my computer

Post by watersfootball »

Hi I'm very new to the site, I have a Hewlett packerd and I'm just wondering where thefiles will appear when downloaded and all of that type of stuff because I'm brand new to this
electricmombie

Re: Will the audio work for my computer

Post by electricmombie »

Hi. The files (when I opened the zip files, which are safe, clean and functional, by the way) are in Windows Media, which I think an HP system would have. I have an HP that has Windows Media. The files themselves are in mp3 format, but are easily playable in Windows Media. Hope that helps.

Cool site in here, innit?

Peace.
electricmombie

Post by electricmombie »

Welcome to the site, btw.

This site's probably the greatest resource going as far as all or any things Randy Rhoads. I love it here. I hope you will too.

Take Care,
Tim
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

watersfootball wrote:Hi I'm very new to the site, I have a Hewlett packerd and I'm just wondering where thefiles will appear when downloaded and all of that type of stuff because I'm brand new to this
Pretty much as electricmombie says...

You mean downloading the bootlegs right? Are you running Windows?

When you download files off the internet they are usually stored automatically in the "Downloads" folder, which is located in "My Documents". I haven't downloaded anything from this site in a long time so I'm not really sure how Joe compiles them these days.

The download should/may appear in a zipped folder. Right click on the folder and click "extract all". You will be given the option to specify a location for the files. I recommend sticking them in "My Music". Assuming you have have Windows media player it should automatically recognizes the files and they will show up in the players library.

BTW, not intending to be condescending or anything. Your post was a little vague so i thought it best to assume you may not be too familiar with a Windows OS etc.

hope this helped

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
watersfootball

Post by watersfootball »

Thanks guys I do have windows media and the reason why I have created this post is because o have never done it before but as soon as I get back from vacation I will be trying to download many audios onto my compute as I am a lifelong rr fan and never realized all of this audio existed. In my opinion, ultimaterhoads.com Is the most useful sight as I am also a part of randyrhoada.tk and their is nowhere near as much audio and it is not as updated. This site is so amazing thanks everyone for the instructions can't wait to download and listen to the audio

Mike
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

I'm sure you'll enjoy the audio Mike! We are fortunate to have such a great archive. I haven't listened to any boots in quite a while, but some of the material is true magic. Heck, all of it is! 8)

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
watersfootball

Post by watersfootball »

Thanks rob and I always get goosebumps when randy plays anything no matter how bad the recording or how short the clip, and I will love all of this audio I have never heard before like you said the archive on ultimaterhoads.com is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to get my feet wet if u will with all the wonderful matieiral this site has to offer.
electricmombie

Post by electricmombie »

I've been a fan of Ozzy, Randy and the whole show since late 1981. For years (up until the release of 'Tribute'), the only live recording I had of Ozzy and Randy live was an abbreviated, U.S. airing of the Montreal 7/28/81 'King Biscuit Flower Hour' radio gig; where it begun with "Flying High Again"... Aside from Ozzy's reedy-sounding vocals within the soundboard mix, this show to me is still superior overall compared to what largely became the 'Tribute' album (the 5/11/81 Cleveland, OH radio broadcast, cleaned up and tweaked)...

On a whim one day about a month ago (and after having just gotten the re-releases of 'Blizzard' and 'Diary' in the beginning of June), I Googled 'Randy Rhoads fan sites' and found this site..

Finding All At Once some thirty-plus Randy and Ozzy live bootlegs almost made me wet my pants in Joy! In fact, the first night after I downloaded a good ten or twelve shows, I spent the whole night listening to any bit of it over and over again.. Some shows are spotty as audience recordings, as you would expect as these shows happened thirty years ago-plus, for the most part.

Some of them are very, very good audience recordings and/or soundboard.

Some of the best ones to check out:

9/12/80 Glasgow (in here, it is listed inadvertently as 10/17/80 Newcastle):
-This is the 1st official show as the Blizzard Of Ozz. The show of folklore where Ozzy broke down and wept at set's end onstage, for he realized he could make it on his own without Sabbath. Very good sounding and rather historic audience recording.

9/23/80 Manchester, UK: Very good audience recording of the 1st UK 'Blizzard Of Ozz' tour.

10/22/80 Chelmsford Odeon, Chelmsford UK: THE Best bootleg of the Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake era. All thre shows are with this original band.

To Be Continued :)
watersfootball

Post by watersfootball »

Thanks Dude for the shows they will be the first I download when I get home tomoro and I am the same as u when I got the palladium footage and the box set I watche everything and listened to everything carefully over and over again ad I'm sure I c
Will do the sane with this audio. Can u name some better bootlegs of the Rudy sarzO/Tommy aldridge era?
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

To help out a little here.

First download Winrar and install(click Winrar in this text to open the download site). Easiest one would be the 32 bit version this will still run even if you are running a 64 bit operating system such as windows seven. This is what you will use to unzip the music files you download.

When you have downloaded a music file/folder right click it and you will see an icon that is some books stacked on top of each other. Use the extract to /filename, such as extract to DOAM Live CD\. This will place the content of the zipped file into a uncompressed file.

Download VLC media player and install.

Then go to your music/video file right click and use the option that says play with VLC.

Best option buy some decent external speakers with a sound card for your PC some time, then you will be able to listen to what you wish to in glorious clear volume.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

shawn wrote:To help out a little here.

First download Winrar and install(click Winrar in this text to open the download site). Easiest one would be the 32 bit version this will still run even if you are running a 64 bit operating system such as windows seven. This is what you will use to unzip the music files you download.
The downloads are compressed with Winrar these days? Thats news to me.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Hello Rob

I do not know if the files uploaded here are compressed with winrar, but winrar will uncompress several compressed formatts, includding the music files available here.

Actually 7Zip would be another great option it has saved my ass several times, especially if someone is giving you material from there Mac and you need them for your PC.
electricmombie

For any newbies or anyone curious in here....

Post by electricmombie »

...about the better-quality audio of Ozzy/Randy bootlegs:

The U.S. 'Blizzard Of Ozz' tour:

This leg of the tour introduces Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge, replacing Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake. It also sports the largest amount of available Ozzy/Randy bootlegs. Again, simply taking into consideration the sound quality and vibe of these shows, I believe the following would be great places to start:

4/22/81 Townsend, MD: This show is the 1st U.S. show of the 'Blizzard' tour. Audience recording that is very good. Like 9/12/80 Glasgow, it's pretty novel to have the 1st gig of the tour as a bootleg. A decent recording.

5/2/81 Palladium: 1st Show, NYC: Very good audience recording. Sounds much better audio-wise than that night's 2nd show..

5/11/81: Cleveland, OH: This show is the unmixed, un-overdubbed concert where the majority of 'Tribute' was culled from. Note how during "Believer" Ozzy flubs the lyrics, while on 'Tribute' they are correct :wink: ... Excellent quality. Originally a radio broadcast.

6/23/81 El Paso, TX: A very lively, good audience recording. Great show. In Rudy Sarzo's book 'Off The Rails', he describes how the audience lit kersone-soaked rags on fire and through them in the air, as well as aerosol cans being sprayed as lighters are lit. Great performance and a happening show.

7/28/81 Montreal, Canada: This one is the full 'King Biscuit Flower Hour' radio broadcast. This is the full show. The show where Randy's guitar solo during "Suicide Solution" was cherry-picked and edited into the Cleveland 5/11 version of "Suicide Solution" for 'Tribute'. Ozzy's vocals sound a tad reedy in the mix, but Randy was on fire during this gig. Still my all-time favorite live recording with Ozzy of Randy's..

8/7/91 Providence, RI: The version of "I Don't Know" that opens 'Ozzy Live' disc 2 of 'Diary' is culled from this show. This show sounds decent as a boot, and it's a great gig vibe-wise and playing-wise. One of the best boots. Sounds pretty much soundboard quality.

European 1st leg of the 1981-1982 'Diary Of A Madman' tour:

11/9/81: Stadhalle, Germany: Great opening act set from Ozzy (opening for Saxon). Great gig, decent-enough audio. Very energetic gig. First appearance of "Over The Mountain" live on an Ozzy bootleg. Ozzy messes up the verses the most during this version of the song lol. It may have been the first time on bootleg the song had been played live. Ozzy's in great form on this one, as are the band. A happening gig.

11/30/81 Cardiff, Wales: Fantastic audience recording, bordering on soundboard quality. Excellent all-around. Featuring the 1st appearance of the lengthy band jam (including Randy's and Tommy's solos) during "Suicide Solution". A rare gig where the show starts with "Flying High Again". Great show.

U.S. 2nd leg of the 'Diary Of A Madman' tour:

1/15/82 Minneapolis, MN: Excellent soundboard source show. Has a great version soundwise and performance wise of "Over The Mountain", the tour's opening track. One of the better-sounding boots from the 'Diary' tour.

1/22/82 Milwaukee, WI: Great gig, decent audience recording. One of Ozzy's first post-bat-biting-incident gigs. A classic Ozzy gig. Great vibe. You should hear his dialogue before "Crazy Train": "I hear we have some special guests tonight, from the Animal Tha;) -society. I am a f***ing animal! I am an animal! I am THE F***ing animal! Rock and roll! Let me hear it for rock and roll! Ahhhhhhh!" LOL Hear how Ozzy calls Little John the midget "Ronnie" (as in James Dio lol) and how Ozzy screams "Hang the bastard!" at the beginning of "Goodbye To Romance" LOL..

1/24/82: Chicago, IL: THE gig where the infamous shot for the 'Tribute' cover was taken. Tons of bootleg video from this gig on youtube. Awesome show. An audience recording, but contains The Entire Show. Usually, by this point, the soundmen or bootleggers needed to flip the 90 minute tape over, hence wh some boots of this leg of the tour either have abbreviated or missing versions of "Goodbye To Romance", "I Don't Know" or "No Bone Movies". This is a very good audience recording. Great show, too.

2/9/82: Kalamazoo, MI: Soundboard recording. Great show. This show sounds a semi-tone slower than other boots. Probably from being transferred from tape to tape with varying speeds of deck. Some awesome surround-sound moments of Randy's guitar that are rather sublime. Contains almost the entire gig. It's missing the last half of "I Don't Know" and the first half of "No Bone Movies". Great sound quality and actually the best of the very last bootlegs available from this tour prior to Randy's passing. There's a great version of "Over The Mountain" on this one too, except you can hear where maybe a guitarist who had a source copy of this rewinds the tape, thus crinkling it through a tape-eating deck, over Randy's solo. It doesn't destroy the whole solo, but it's quite noticeable. That's why I tend to favor the 1/15/82 Minneapolis version of "Over The Mountain": the intact Randy solo, no tape drop-outs or anything.

Have fun checking any of these gigs out. Cheers.
Last edited by electricmombie on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
electricmombie

So much fun, checking out all of the various shows...

Post by electricmombie »

It blew my mind to see how many bootlegs are actually out there with Randy with Ozzy. Thanks again Trigger, for sharing them all with us in here! Cheers.
watersfootball

Post by watersfootball »

Yeah trigger has quite the collection thanks so much for sharing man