Idea for a tribute video / memorial project

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stewie
Mass Poster

Idea for a tribute video / memorial project

Post by Stewie »

I have been having this idea for a long time... Here it goes:
I would like to make a tribute video in the near future for the next memorial of Randy Rhoads. It would be footage of fans all around the world playing a certain Randy Rhoads song (like Crazy Train album version). Then I'd edit this to make one song out of all the footage I recieve and put the original audio over it from the album. That way we wouldn't have to worry about tone (not everyone has great gear / recording gear) or anything and no one has to be shy about his/her playing level. It would be great if you could play infront of some Rhoads memorabilia (ex. posters or LP's hanging on a wall) or with a RR guitar (or lookalike les paul, ...). I guess you know what I mean.. :)

I'd only proceed with this if there are enough people that would like to contribute ofcourse. I would release the finished video then on the memorial date or on Randy's birthday, wichever suits best.
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: Idea for a tribute video / memorial project

Post by Jazznroll »

This sounds like a good idea .
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

great idea...you can count me in
RRFAN123456789

Post by RRFAN123456789 »

Nice idea, I couldn't participate because I can only play bass.
RIP
Randy Rhoads
12/6/1956-3/19/1982
Count Jonah

Post by Count Jonah »

Since the music is what matters most, why not stack track all of theses sound recordings into one mix (perhaps along with the original music) instead of editing that out? Otherwise it's just a bunch of people paying tribute to Randy's image, no?
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Count Jonah wrote:Since the music is what matters most, why not stack track all of theses sound recordings into one mix (perhaps along with the original music) instead of editing that out? Otherwise it's just a bunch of people paying tribute to Randy's image, no?
I quite like the idea of "lip syncing" to the rhoads audio....that way it is all about randy instead of the ability and tone of each player vs others.......but i'm cool with either
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

I do not think the audio would mix well (not many people have decent recording gear, etc) and I would not want to exclude people.. And everyone would have to match the recording precisely (exact tabs, timing, ...). I dont think this would come out nice. I do love the idea of as many as possible people playing split-screen with maybe some real footage in the middle..