Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Re: Hate To Ask This

Post by Cryptic Night »

cableguyxx wrote:Nope...mine ripped fine...but I ain't upping it Image
Well that's just not nice! :lol:
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

DaveRX wrote:I was Pissed that the VH1 was the same as the DVD ...I thought that was a 75 min Doc & 70 min of footage???
Ive posted some clips from the VH1 ....But I CANT GET THE DVD To RIP????
It comes out ALL FUCKED UP????Un watchable & listenable.....I know some people have but I think They (Ozzy/CBS/Sony) got Youtube under Lockdown,or is it On lockdown????
I must Add though that the Palladium is the BEST Version of Paranoid Ive heard!!!
Has anyone else had theese ripping probs???Ive used 3 diff programs...they got it Locked
try using img burn
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

cableguyxx wrote:
DaveRX wrote:I was Pissed that the VH1 was the same as the DVD ...I thought that was a 75 min Doc & 70 min of footage???
Ive posted some clips from the VH1 ....But I CANT GET THE DVD To RIP????
It comes out ALL FUCKED UP????Un watchable & listenable.....I know some people have but I think They (Ozzy/CBS/Sony) got Youtube under Lockdown,or is it On lockdown????
I must Add though that the Palladium is the BEST Version of Paranoid Ive heard!!!
Has anyone else had theese ripping probs???Ive used 3 diff programs...they got it Locked
Nope...mine ripped fine...but I ain't upping it Image
And I dont blame you one bit.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

I personally don't care if anyone shares it or not. Id like to see a clip or 2 before I decide to drop 150 bucks.. Call me crazy I guess. The majority of the reviews on this site have been that the footage isn't worth the 150 dollar price tag. I am curious on one thing though. You guys will download and share every Randy Rhoads audio bootleg (and some video) known to man. But now all of a sudden because you spend 150 on a box set you are so adamant to not upload it or share it? Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I mean, this is supposed to be the footage we have all dreamed of and waited for for years! By the reviews ive read and pms I received from people on this site, the footage simply isn't that good. Or at the very least, the footage isn't worth the 150 dollar price tag. Just because it has our beloved Randy in it, doesn't mean its the holy grail. Maybe some of you guys are mad that you were suckered into spending 150 bucks. Im not sure.. As I said, I don't care if its uploaded or not. I know the Osbournes will release the DVD on its own.. Sharon is too money hungry not too.

At the end of the day the only thing people care about is making money off of Randy. They don't care about his legacy, or what he means to some of us. That includes Bob Daisley.. He said himself he didn't turn his "grail tapes" over to the Osbournes because they didn't offer enough money for them. So I guess he will just take those to his grave, rather than let people hear them. The only way he can release them legally is through the Osbournes. Who knows what they offered him for them. But id think some money is better than none. Maybe they made a low offer because they have no idea what is on them or how good they are. I mean would you spend a fortune on something without knowing exactly what it is? Just because Bob says they are the holy grail doesn't really mean crap. Maybe the Osbournes feel the same way. They haven't heard them, so why would they make a crazy offer for them?

I know all of the people involved loved and cared for Randy. Id never say that they didn't. But people let money get in the way of everything. Its really sad. I don't mind paying a fair price for something. But I refuse to be taken advantage of. So as I said, I don't care if the footage is uploaded or not. All I ever really wanted was a sample of each show. Just to know if it warranted the 150 dollar price tag. I think I have my answer. There is a reason the Osbournes shared very little of it before it came out. Ill wait it out. In a month or so Ill go and spend 20 bucks and get the DVD.

Matt
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

I read this board way more than i should... lol But i have only read 1 post of a person that bought the box and said it wasn't worth the $150. It's a nice set. its worth it. If you don't have the money.. understood.

matt, have you seen the clips from the trailer or ozzy watching no bone movies?
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

I have seen the No Bone Movie clip. But that's a video of Ozzy's tv. Sorry, but that isn't enough for me. I do have the money. Im just not keen on throwing 150 dollars down on the counter for incomplete songs, and 2 songs with the camera on the other side of the stage. Don't get me wrong, im thankful that the footage exists. But from the little bit I have seen, and more importantly, what ive read, its not worth 150 bucks to me. There are several threads on here with people saying that its not worth the money. And ive had several PMs with people telling me that.

No one has to upload the footage. If you bought it, you don't owe the rest of us anything! And trust me, I want the artists to make the money they deserve. Sadly, the only ones making anything off the box set are the Osbournes. So lets not drag "the artists" into the argument. And of course Ozz has the right to make money! Im sure the Rhoads fam was thrown a small bone. Again, its all about the money. Peter Margolis started working on a Randy documentary. He was able to track down footage that people said didnt exist. Then all of a sudden the documentary is on hold. Then theres a pic of him and Ozzy. Then Ozzy all of a sudden has this undiscovered footage. A box set comes out. I mean, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out what happened. And it just further proves my point that its all about the money.. It is not about Randy.

Again, ill wait for the stand alone DVD. I know it will come out. Those of you that bought the box set and are enjoying it, im happy for you! Truly! But lets think about this for a second. Lets say that one of us forum members somehow came across the Albuquerque and
Palladium footage. Everyone on this board would be BEGGING for it to be uploaded. Just my opinion! :)

Matt
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Remedylane wrote:But lets think about this for a second. Lets say that one of us forum members somehow came across the Albuquerque and
Palladium footage. Everyone on this board would be BEGGING for it to be uploaded. Just my opinion! :)

Matt
+1
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Remedylane wrote:I personally don't care if anyone shares it or not. Id like to see a clip or 2 before I decide to drop 150 bucks.. Call me crazy I guess. The majority of the reviews on this site have been that the footage isn't worth the 150 dollar price tag. I am curious on one thing though. You guys will download and share every Randy Rhoads audio bootleg (and some video) known to man. But now all of a sudden because you spend 150 on a box set you are so adamant to not upload it or share it? Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I mean, this is supposed to be the footage we have all dreamed of and waited for for years! By the reviews ive read and pms I received from people on this site, the footage simply isn't that good. Or at the very least, the footage isn't worth the 150 dollar price tag. Just because it has our beloved Randy in it, doesn't mean its the holy grail. Maybe some of you guys are mad that you were suckered into spending 150 bucks. Im not sure.. As I said, I don't care if its uploaded or not. I know the Osbournes will release the DVD on its own.. Sharon is too money hungry not too.

At the end of the day the only thing people care about is making money off of Randy. They don't care about his legacy, or what he means to some of us. That includes Bob Daisley.. He said himself he didn't turn his "grail tapes" over to the Osbournes because they didn't offer enough money for them. So I guess he will just take those to his grave, rather than let people hear them. The only way he can release them legally is through the Osbournes. Who knows what they offered him for them. But id think some money is better than none. Maybe they made a low offer because they have no idea what is on them or how good they are. I mean would you spend a fortune on something without knowing exactly what it is? Just because Bob says they are the holy grail doesn't really mean crap. Maybe the Osbournes feel the same way. They haven't heard them, so why would they make a crazy offer for them?

I know all of the people involved loved and cared for Randy. Id never say that they didn't. But people let money get in the way of everything. Its really sad. I don't mind paying a fair price for something. But I refuse to be taken advantage of. So as I said, I don't care if the footage is uploaded or not. All I ever really wanted was a sample of each show. Just to know if it warranted the 150 dollar price tag. I think I have my answer. There is a reason the Osbournes shared very little of it before it came out. Ill wait it out. In a month or so Ill go and spend 20 bucks and get the DVD.

Matt

i'M with you on this man

i dont know what happen with Randy stuff but, its like it is top secret stuff and all that shit going on " i will not show you"

but, of course, nobody is obligated to share. I'M sure someone will do anyway. i would
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

i mean, i did it for quiet riot dvd show that i bought 8 or 9 years ago . It was the show that Kevin dubrow said he lost or been stolen.. its surfaced on the net at this time.. i bought it and did share it for all the Randy fans out there... But, of course, nobody have to do this... but it still ...
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I wasn't really trying to segregate the community (To those who bought the box set, and those who didn't)

Part of me was wondering, when I wrote this, as to why people would upload the albums, but no one would upload the video. Seemed weird to me, but I understand why you guys won't share. Don't feel pressure to, it'd just be nice to view this footage.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Cryptic Night wrote:
cableguyxx wrote:Nope...mine ripped fine...but I ain't upping it Image
Well that's just not nice! :lol:
:lol: :P I'm just busting your balls Cryptic. I know without a shadow of a doubt someone will up it eventually, but there are programs that will work, it's not unbreakable code. I am also aware that the technology is out there to "finger print" the original source and eventually backtrack to the original ripper. That is not just a rumor. I'm not sure if it applies yet in this particular case, but I really do not want to find out. And yeah, it's worth every bit of the $150. Hell, I'm already in for over $180 as I added the Picture Discs to the box set and am considering adding the stand alone CD's as well. I even hope they add an expanded edition down the road.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Glad to see I'm not the only weirdo who bought the stand alone discs after the box! :lol:
I can't believe I never realized the 'flip-off' smilies were an option. :mrgreen:

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

If you just want to see clips from the new footage check out this video of "Over The Mountain" someone put on YT. You can see quite a bit of the new Diary footage in this clip. MOD EDIT: link edited out! The same guy also put up a clip he made of Mr. Crowley featuring new footage from the Diary show as well as the New York show. Hope this helps!!
randyrulz

Post by randyrulz »

Remedylane wrote:I personally don't care if anyone shares it or not. Id like to see a clip or 2 before I decide to drop 150 bucks.. Call me crazy I guess. The majority of the reviews on this site have been that the footage isn't worth the 150 dollar price tag. I am curious on one thing though. You guys will download and share every Randy Rhoads audio bootleg (and some video) known to man. But now all of a sudden because you spend 150 on a box set you are so adamant to not upload it or share it? Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I mean, this is supposed to be the footage we have all dreamed of and waited for for years! By the reviews ive read and pms I received from people on this site, the footage simply isn't that good. Or at the very least, the footage isn't worth the 150 dollar price tag. Just because it has our beloved Randy in it, doesn't mean its the holy grail. Maybe some of you guys are mad that you were suckered into spending 150 bucks. Im not sure.. As I said, I don't care if its uploaded or not. I know the Osbournes will release the DVD on its own.. Sharon is too money hungry not too.

Matt

Nice post Matt! To me, the whole Box-Set is wrong. I would never wear the necklace/never listen to the albums/never hang the poster/look at the book once and put it away. I bought the BOO and Diary Cds and now just wait for the DVD. But dont worry, in a month or two, somebody will rip it then sell it and make a small fortune......Question is, who wants the money first? The Osbourne's arnt the only one's.......... :mrgreen:
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

GuitarJoe wrote:If you just want to see clips from the new footage check out this video of "Over The Mountain" someone put on YT. You can see quite a bit of the new Diary footage in this clip. MOD EDIT: link edited out! The same guy also put up a clip he made of Mr. Crowley featuring new footage from the Diary show as well as the New York show. Hope this helps!!
Opps, sorry Mods, didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post that. My bad!