RR solo tabs

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sbjch1997

RR solo tabs

Post by sbjch1997 »

How long do you guys think it will be before the tab is released for this officially or at least until someone tabs it out?
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: RR solo tabs

Post by Tito »

i know theres some awesome players on here and tk so it shoudnt take too long
sbjch1997

Post by sbjch1997 »

well once my box set comes in i am gonna slow it down and try to learn it by ear. But i am not sure if it is half step down and there are def gonna be some parts that i cant play. I hope it is up soon. Thanks
Franky Boy

Post by Franky Boy »

I learned the first 14 seconds by ear but many parts are taken from the Laughing Gas spotlight solo (Quiet Riot) and Suicide Solution live solo (Ozzy Osbourne). Knowing this you might be able to reconstruct a fairly good tab from those tabs, for now, until there is a more official realease.
sbjch1997

Post by sbjch1997 »

thanks i have a couple parts by ear and from those tabs...maybe like 25 seconds total? but ya i hope an official one is released soon
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I'm slightly off tonight but I play the guit and I thought we could all learn something new. Has anyone thought about puting up a page of RR guitar talking/tabs/vid on here? Or am I not looking in the right section? I would like to talk to some of the shredders and yes, I know practice, practice but I'll play for 2 hours and do some scales/fingerings, exercises/warmups, then play a song or parts and usually go back to scale type/picking. Major/minor/pentatonic/chromatic/diminished . I'm trying to get synchronicity between the 2 hands. And that is what I have been doing for 30 yrs but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. There have been periods where I only picked it up for minutes per day or sometimes not at all. I feel like I started learning music and I never finished. I can learn most stuff but I am STILL working on Randy. Anyone have any practice tips/tricks/regiments?
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

Repetition, Repetition, Repetition! Since I started learning Randy material, my playing improved out of sight. Even I noticed a big leap between what I thought was impossible, to thinking well maybe it isn't so hard. But believe me, I'm no where near where I would like to be as a player either and I ain't a shredder.

I recently (about a month ago) started learning the solo's to Mr. Crowley. While I can play most of it, some parts are still a little tricky, but what gets me is the speed. It's just way to high for me to even keep up with.

My advice would be to practice anything which is technically harder for you so you can challenge yourself. I know scales are good and all, but see if you can learn some classical work or picking transcribed work. I found that forcing my fingers to work harder and stretch more has really helped me and gotten me to a much higher level of playing in terms of being able to pick things up quicker.

One exercise (Song) I love to use as a warmup tool is playing Asturias by Isaac Albeniz. It always gets the fingers ready to play and can in improvement. That's probably my no 1 tip, playing something another step up from you and challenging yourself and persisting until you get it.
Bongo Christ

Post by Bongo Christ »

Anyone have any practice tips/tricks/regiments?

You could start by removing that planet sized chip from your shoulder! :lol:

Other than that, 'slowly, slowly, catchy monkey'. Hope that doesn't sound patronising but whatever you're struggling to nail, slow it right down and gradually build speed. It might sound dull but after a while you'll be amazed that something that may have seemed daunting has become second nature.
sbjch1997

Post by sbjch1997 »

i find that it is best to switch it up. Don't stay on one thing for too long. Have a couple different ideas of things to do befor eyou start. like memorize scales, memorize chords, learn a certain song, learn a solo, etc. It helps to be specific so that way you can switch back and forth and stay interested and entertained without wasting much time. And yes, slowing it down (with a metronome) helps alot and so does playing above your current level.
sbjch1997

Post by sbjch1997 »

i find that it is best to switch it up. Don't stay on one thing for too long. Have a couple different ideas of things to do befor eyou start. like memorize scales, memorize chords, learn a certain song, learn a solo, etc. It helps to be specific so that way you can switch back and forth and stay interested and entertained without wasting much time. And yes, slowing it down (with a metronome) helps alot and so does playing above your current level.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Bongo Christ wrote:Anyone have any practice tips/tricks/regiments?

You could start by removing that planet sized chip from your shoulder! :lol:

Other than that, 'slowly, slowly, catchy monkey'. Hope that doesn't sound patronizing but whatever you're struggling to nail, slow it right down and gradually build speed. It might sound dull but after a while you'll be amazed that something that may have seemed daunting has become second nature.
'Ello mate! What did I do to deserve the "planet sized chip from my shoulder" comment? I may have deserved it but which particular comment was it? Yepper and thanks for the tips people, shower power!
Bongo Christ

Post by Bongo Christ »

I know you can handle it.............

I particularly enjoyed the whole 'if you don't side with Bob and Lee you must be a fascist Republican' rant. It was complete bollocks but highly entertaining.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Surely, I can handle it. How about Lee and Bob getting screwed out of their righting credits...
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Writing...